Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭Goose81

I have this phone about 2 weeks. I unlocked it and have it on Three, I am concerned that my phone keeps switching operators between three and O2 and saying that I am roaming.

I am aware that Three and O2 are now the same company but this never happened with my old phone, I'm concerned I am being charged roaming. Anyone else every experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Goose81 wrote: »
    I have this phone about 2 weeks. I unlocked it and have it on Three, I am concerned that my phone keeps switching operators between three and O2 and saying that I am roaming.

I am aware that Three and O2 are now the same company but this never happened with my old phone, I'm concerned I am being charged roaming. Anyone else every experience this?

Nothing to worry about, your last phone would have been doing this in the background but just not telling you. Its just the way this phone is configured. I'm on iD but my network shows as 3-irl all the time and 02 from time to time if roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭Goose81

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Nothing to worry about, your last phone would have been doing this in the background but just not telling you. Its just the way this phone is configured. I'm on iD but my network shows as 3-irl all the time and 02 from time to time if roaming.

I have data roaming turned off so I get no data when the phon switches to 02, do you reckon I am safe to allow it then?

Goose81 wrote: »
    I have data roaming turned off so I get no data when the phon switches to 02, do you reckon I am safe to allow it then?

You need it switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

corwill wrote:
    I've been using Nova Prime since day 1 on mine without a hitch. Never had any battery issues that I noticed or that GSam battery monitor alerted me to.

Does it allow you to emulate the Google Now page on the left of the homescreen? I really like the look of the Google Now launcher and the quick access to the now page but I would also like some of the features of Nova too :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

DanC90 wrote: »
    Does it allow you to emulate the Google Now page on the left of the homescreen? I really like the look of the Google Now launcher and the quick access to the now page but I would also like some of the features of Nova too :P

I've never had any truck with Google Now, tbh. Is there a widget that would bridge the gap, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

corwill wrote:
    I've never had any truck with Google Now, tbh. Is there a widget that would bridge the gap, maybe?

There's the stock widget but the look of it doesn't really appeal to me, I might just buy Nova and play around with it to see if I can get the look I want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

My wife's SU6 is flashing blue when watching YouTube videos.

Anyone else come across this? Its pretty annoying and worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

dahat wrote: »

check the parental settings :p

Hitchens wrote: »
    check the parental settings :p

Huh?

Fairly crap attempt at humour possibly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Huh?

Fairly crap attempt at humour possibly?

What did you think the emoticon was for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Screen flashes blue sometimes when watching stuff on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Happened to me just once in 3 months of ownership. Restart the phone, it should go away.

GvidoR wrote: »
    Happened to me just once in 3 months of ownership. Restart the phone, it should go away.

Thank you.

Remove Notifications from status bar and/or pulldown notification menu

*Data roaming
    *Headset connected
    *FM radio notification

or any other notification you no longer want to see

Requires your device to be rooted (one click root here) and xposed framework to be installed.

Download xnotifications (free) from the play store and the xnotifications license (€1.13) also in the play store.

*Activate xnotifications module in xposed.

*Reboot.

*Pull down notification bar and hold finger down on the notification you want to remove/hide.

*Select "create rule"

*Now you will see the options to hide from status bar/notification bar or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

Where is the cheapest place to get this phone im in dublin?Order from amazon or what

Whats the best price for this phone here in ireland?Will iorder from amazon.uk or what

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Where is the cheapest place to get this phone im in dublin?Order from amazon or what

There very little in the difference. Around €20. I took the hit and bought off Vodafone. Handy if something goes wrong down the road.

lolliedog wrote: »
    There very little in the difference. Around €20. I took the hit and bought off Vodafone. Handy if something goes wrong down the road.

Ye its £115 pounds and with amazons converter thats about 162 euro so ill take the 8 euro hit

If i buy it from a vodaphone shop in dublin it wont be hardlocked will it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

No.
    You will get a code from eBay to unlock. Circa €4.

It'll be locked to Vodafone ireland, the ones on amazon are locked to vodafone uk. Both can be unlocked on ebay for less than €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Just upgraded to the ultra. Unbelievable phone.
    Would recommend.
    Another tip ( I haven't seen in this thread) is that it casts perfectly to samsung smart TV over wifi. I just played 1080p movie and also tried out minecraft on the TV, looked amazing quality.

I'm so impressed with this phone.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

I have a samsung s3 that's pretty slow and battery life is terrible. Thinknig of this phone. Anyone make the jump like me, what you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I have a samsung s3 that's pretty slow and battery life is terrible. Thinknig of this phone. Anyone make the jump like me, what you think?

Definitely. Some people here have came from S4 and are happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 LionelHutz32

My phone no longer vibrates even though I have vibration on for calls and touch. It just stopped yesterday out of the blue without me changing any settings on the phone. I've had the phone since the start of August.

I've tried rebooting the phone but it still won't work ..has anyone else experienced this? Will have to go into Vodafone next week but I presume its an internal hardware issue as opposed to an android problem?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Anyone tell me if its possible to get the battery level displayed in percentage on the top right corner

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Anyone tell me if its possible to get the battery level displayed in percentage on the top right corner

This will display it inside the battery icon itself. Will work without root.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.kroegerama.android4batpercent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Just got the Irish 5.1.1 update, downloading now.

• Advertisement

THE ALM wrote: »
    Just got the Irish 5.1.1 update, downloading now.

Same here, the excitement.... Just means more time to delete Vodafone !

Advertisement