Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

DanC90 wrote: »
    Will Vodafone not help out here? Surely if it broke from just being in your pocket it's not your fault but a fault of the phones construction/build quality?

In fairness the screen of any phone is made of glass if you sit on it and it cracks I don't think that has anything to do with build quality. 75kg+ on a piece of glass a few millimeters thick !

signostic wrote: »
    Refunded £102.50 today by Amazon.co.uk, doubt if they had the phone in stock at all. Cheapest I see now is still Amazon.co.uk but now £115 :(

Same. Was raging!!! They have a black one in stock and they have agreed to match the price. Bit pissed off with it tbh. Still waiting on refund to hit my card... Apparently in my case the carrier returned it?!? Even though the address was my workplace where nearly every single package I get from amazon is delivered... Smells a lot like BS to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Xcellor wrote: »
    Same. Was raging!!! They have a black one in stock and they have agreed to match the price. Bit pissed off with it tbh. Still waiting on refund to hit my card... Apparently in my case the carrier returned it?!? Even though the address was my workplace where nearly every single package I get from amazon is delivered... Smells a lot like BS to me.

Could have been AnPost then.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Could have been AnPost then.

An post told me they never received the package, it was never scanned when I phoned them. Never had a problem with Amazon before , i received packages from them either side of this order without any delay.

I downloaded the new update and also put on Nova Prime yesterday. Since them my camera has stopped working. I get the message 'unfortunately gallery has stopped'. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Try clearing the gallery cache, in the app drawer hold down on the gallery icon and drag it up to app info, then press clear cache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

smilgy wrote: »
    I bought one of these last night along with a 64GB SDXC card. Can anyone confirm that SDXC works with this phone? I haven't opened the packaging to the card so should be no problem returning it if it does not work.

EDIT: I guess I should have googled more Link. It does !

yup. I got the same card and it works perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Try clearing the gallery cache, in the app drawer hold down on the gallery icon and drag it up to app info, then press clear cache.

Thanks, I found it! I wasn't using the Nova Prime camera icon :o

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

In fairness the screen of any phone is made of glass if you sit on it and it cracks I don't think that has anything to do with build quality. 75kg+ on a piece of glass a few millimeters thick !

It's been a long time since I was 74kg's. I now feel sorry for what the phone had to go through.

I might buy the screen and try to fit it. Had a quick look on YouTube but couldn't find a tutorial. I know someone who has changed a few of them and can get them to take a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Exact same here. Contacted support (which was fairly useless - they seemed to assume that I had cancelled it - this then changed to "it could be a problem delivering it - maybe the label was smudged"??).

Anyway, long story short, they eventually agreed to re-start the order for the original price, but as this would require me ordering it at the current price (£115) and the support person adjusting the items in my basket after checkout, I was wary of something else going wrong this close to Xmas, so decided to just go with a HTC Desire 620 from Three altogether.

This is the first time I've had this experience with Amazon. They clearly never dispatched this item (even though the updates on my account showed it as on the way - we can't all be wrong!).

Now to return the screen protector / phone case to them!! :(

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Exact same here. Contacted support (which was fairly useless - they seemed to assume that I had cancelled it - this then changed to "it could be a problem delivering it - maybe the label was smudged"??).

Anyway, long story short, they eventually agreed to re-start the order for the original price, but as this would require me ordering it at the current price (£115) and the support person adjusting the items in my basket after checkout, I was wary of something else going wrong this close to Xmas, so decided to just go with a HTC Desire 620 from Three altogether.

This is the first time I've had this experience with Amazon. They clearly never dispatched this item (even though the updates on my account showed it as on the way - we can't all be wrong!).

Yeah this is the first time Amazon has dropped the ball with me. They offered me 10% discount and applied it to a gift card a few days back to compensate me for the delay and assured me it would be delivered. Then they refund me the amount minus the compensation! So in effect they took back their good will gesture... I was onto support and was trying to explain this but was going around in circles, told them to shove their gift card and give me the full refund... Asked for a call back from a manager and a few minutes later I get an Automated voice calling me saying "Please wait for the next available customer service agent" ...

I rarely get pissed off but this pissed me off majorly.

• Advertisement

Cionn wrote: »
    It's been a long time since I was 74kg's. I now feel sorry for what the phone had to go through.

I might buy the screen and try to fit it. Had a quick look on YouTube but couldn't find a tutorial. I know someone who has changed a few of them and can get them to take a look at it.

I would strongly strongly recommend if you can get it fixed through Vodafone shop to do so... Having tried to replace a screen in a Cubot x9 (chinese brand), getting it all back together to find it wouldnt turn on , spending half the day doing the same thing a few times then realising it was coming apart, using glue which wasn't the right glue... Roll forward everything working OK then a horrible crack appears on the NEW SCREEN. the glue had dried and expanded causing pressure from behind. The phone within a few days had shattered worse than it was before...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

this would require me ordering it at the current price (£115) and the support person adjusting the items in my basket after checkout

I personally have gone through this process a number of times before with Amazon UK. Actually paying for the Amazon order, and then an agent on the online chat reducing the payment immediately after the fact. Never had a problem with this process, the agent usually asks you to go back into your order online and to confirm the "new" price is what is expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Just a friendly fyi, I had a HTC 620 before and it was crap. The screen was nice but that was it. The lack of ram was a real issue, the phone was so slow in real world settings. If you can cancel the order I would recommend it. HTC make awful.phones unless.you go for the flagship model. I had a conversation with the shop agent and she said its the brand that gets the most returns.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Cionn wrote: »
    Just a friendly fyi, I had a HTC 620 before and it was crap. The screen was nice but that was it. The lack of ram was a real issue, the phone was so slow in real world settings. If you can cancel the order I would recommend it. HTC make awful.phones unless.you go for the flagship model. I had a conversation with the shop agent and she said its the brand that gets the most returns.

C

Thanks for the info Cionn! I have a HTC myself (M8) and it's the business, but as you say, it's their flagship model (or was until the M9). A friend of mine has the HTC Desire 625 and is impressed with the screen and BoomSound speakers (moved from a mid-range Sony Xperia - nightmare of a phone!).

Will definitely look around a bit more. Tesco are doing the HTC M8S, but as this is a present for a teenager, unlimited data is the most important issue, so will have to see what I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thanks for the info Cionn! I have a HTC myself (M8) and it's the business, but as you say, it's their flagship model (or was until the M9). A friend of mine has the HTC Desire 625 and is impressed with the screen and BoomSound speakers (moved from a mid-range Sony Xperia - nightmare of a phone!).

Will definitely look around a bit more. Tesco are doing the HTC M8S, but as this is a present for a teenager, unlimited data is the most important issue, so will have to see what I can do.

Check Argos for the ZTe Blade S6 , €139 more or less the Ultra 6 in its native state.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

dahat wrote: »
    Check Argos for the ZTe Blade S6 , €139 more or less the Ultra 6 in its native state.

OOS pretty much everywhere though.. Why not buy the Ultra 6 from Vodafone and unlock it??

Techmaster wrote: »
    OOS pretty much everywhere though.. Why not buy the Ultra 6 from Vodafone and unlock it??

Coz the su6 is dearer!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Coz the su6 is dearer!

Short and Sweet....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

dahat wrote: »
    Short and Sweet....

......like an ass's gallop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Coz the su6 is dearer!

Not by much in fairness.

• Advertisement

Not to forget that the blade s6 has a smaller screen and battery than the Smart Ultra. I reckon you'd notice the difference losing 20% of your battery size.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Thought i'd just check in. Have this phone months now and happy enough. Did root it originally but then unrooted as an email app required for work requires the phone to be unrooted.

Anyway its unlocked and on giffgaff over here in the UK.

Question is that the updates come in from vodafone and I can't install them. Installation fails. Is that as i'm not using it as a vodafone phone or is it related to what I was doing with the rooting.

Thanks

Woden wrote: »
    Thought i'd just check in. Have this phone months now and happy enough. Did root it originally but then unrooted as an email app required for work requires the phone to be unrooted.

Anyway its unlocked and on giffgaff over here in the UK.

Question is that the updates come in from vodafone and I can't install them. Installation fails. Is that as i'm not using it as a vodafone phone or is it related to what I was doing with the rooting.

Thanks
    Has nothing to do with the fact your not using it on VF, most likely to do with the rooting. You could try flash the OTA file from SD card instead of the online update method although it may have the same results. Failing that you will need to factory reset and run online update again.

Does anyone know how to add a phone contact to the home screen using Nova Prime? I could do it before I switched but can't seem to add it now?

Hold down on blank space of homescreen, select widget,contact,select person.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Yeah this is the first time Amazon has dropped the ball with me. They offered me 10% discount and applied it to a gift card a few days back to compensate me for the delay and assured me it would be delivered. Then they refund me the amount minus the compensation! So in effect they took back their good will gesture... I was onto support and was trying to explain this but was going around in circles, told them to shove their gift card and give me the full refund... Asked for a call back from a manager and a few minutes later I get an Automated voice calling me saying "Please wait for the next available customer service agent" ...

I rarely get pissed off but this pissed me off majorly.

FYI, for those whose orders were cancelled.

I ordered from Amazon.co.uk on the 4th December and the phone was delivered by An Post today, 9th December.

I'm kinda surprised that orders that were made before mine were not honoured at the lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bbito3

Hey been trying to get my phone updated all day keep saying that there's a network error please try again later I saw the update yesterday but didn't download it till today any help? I can't download that link a few pages back either

Edit: I'm running VDF-995NB01-IE02c

Bbito3 wrote: »
    Hey been trying to get my phone updated all day keep saying that there's a network error please try again later I saw the update yesterday but didn't download it till today any help? I can't download that link a few pages back either

Edit: I'm running VDF-995NB01-IE02c

Sounds lile you either have data roaming switched off and/or the APN settings were deleted and need to be readded.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bbito3

Sounds lile you either have data roaming switched off and/or the APN settings were deleted and need to be readded.

I don't have a sim in right now and how do I re add the APN settings if they are deleted? Cheers for the quick reply

Edit: I did get a notification for the update yesterday but I decided to update it today instead and now I keep getting the network error message

Bbito3 wrote: »
    I don't have a sim in right now and how do I re add the APN settings if they are deleted? Cheers for the quick reply

Edit: I did get a notification for the update yesterday but I decided to update it today instead and now I keep getting the network error message

When you uodated did you do a factory reset? Is your WiFi working? You won't need APN settings until you have inserted a sim. You'll only need them if they don't automatically download. They are in settings-more-mobile networks-access point names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

JustMac wrote: »
    FYI, for those whose orders were cancelled.

I ordered from Amazon.co.uk on the 4th December and the phone was delivered by An Post today, 9th December.

I'm kinda surprised that orders that were made before mine were not honoured at the lower price.

On my original order the phone was£102.50 and free p&p.
    Since then the price has jumped to £115 and they want postage of about £20...No Thanks..

Advertisement