Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭alanowx

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Not a good idea to do that. All networks switch down to 3g/2g for calls afaik with 4g only being used for data.

I hear you and understand what your saying. But there might be times for data download, say in a stationary location, where radio is switching between LTE and 3G often under auto setting. Good to know it's there on those occasions and perhaps might even save a little battery life also in those limited circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

Got mine today - there is a dead pixel on the screen. Unsure of whether or not to return it for this.. I guess I would be waiting for a long time while they send away for repair. On the other hand, I think I could live with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

kifi wrote: »
    Got mine today - there is a dead pixel on the screen. Unsure of whether or not to return it for this.. I guess I would be waiting for a long time while they send away for repair. On the other hand, I think I could live with it..

They'll probably just replace it there and then for you going on what others have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

They'll probably just replace it there and then for you going on what others have said.

Is this common?

kifi wrote: »
    Is this common?

No, I just seen one or two people on here say it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

What colour does you all have dark gey,light grey or champagne?😃

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

kifi wrote:

You have 21 days to bring it back and have it replaced there and then, after that it has to be sent off for testing.

I certainly wouldn't live with a flaw like that when I just bought it brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

mickey1985 wrote: »
    Anyone buy a mhl to HDMI adapter to connect this to a TV?

I'm interested in this as well. Did you have any luck?

Been wondering for a while why my internet was not working on the hotspot.

A guy over on modaco linked to the fix.
    Enable developer mode (Go to Settings -> About phone, and click on the build number until the developer mode is enabled).
    Enable USB debugging under Settings -> Developer options
    Connect the device with a USB cable to a computer with the Android SDK platform tools installed
    Start an adb shell: adb shell
    In the adb shell, run this command: settings put global tether_dun_required 0

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Been wondering for a while why my internet was not working on the hotspot.

A guy over on modaco linked to the fix.

That solution was posted in the bargain alerts thread months ago ,I know as I used it and it worked.Any chance you would make a custom rom Jim as you seem to know a huge amount about it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

All of a sudden, my internet access will only work on WiFi.... Can't access data while out and about. Roaming is on (am with Tesco mobile) and am stocked up with credit. Seem to recall someone else having this issue but can't find it on thread. Any ideas?

Snowc wrote: »
    That solution was posted in the bargain alerts thread months ago ,I know as I used it and it worked.Any chance you would make a custom rom Jim as you seem to know a huge amount about it ?

Wouldnt know where to start making a custom one to be honest. If you just want a debloated one there is a debloated version of the Turkish and possibly uk rom now over on modaco.

karlyk1 wrote: »
    All of a sudden, my internet access will only work on WiFi.... Can't access data while out and about. Roaming is on (am with Tesco mobile) and am stocked up with credit. Seem to recall someone else having this issue but can't find it on thread. Any ideas?

Assuming apn settings haven't been deleted have you set a data limit?

Assuming apn settings haven't been deleted have you set a data limit?

No data limit set... APN seems to be unchanged. I'm flummoxed.

No data limit set... APN seems to be unchanged. I'm flummoxed.

Have you called Tesco Mobile? I know a guy who is with them, and he's been having all sorts of trouble with connectivity lately. It was coming from their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Mine has been unlocked and upgraded to 5.1.

Seems to have developed a problem however... vibrates but does not ring for an incoming call. However.. if its in the car connected the Bluetooth and receives an incoming call the phone itself does actually both ring and vibrate.

Bizzare one. Any ideas ?

An update on this.. rebooting fixes the problem when it occurs... However the problem occurs every time I get into the car... The Nokia ck600 hands free picks up the phone... let's it ring and operate as normal but once I leave the car the phone will not make a ringtone.. it will vibrate etc... and only a reboot sorts it.

Any ideas ? I don't think this was happening with 5.1... can I revert without rooting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

THE ALM wrote: »
    downloaded and updated no problem, will see if there are any issues with use in the next few hours/days.
    Silly question, but should I back everything up and do a factory reset of the phone before I apply the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Delofan

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    An update on this.. rebooting fixes the problem when it occurs... However the problem occurs every time I get into the car... The Nokia ck600 hands free picks up the phone... let's it ring and operate as normal but once I leave the car the phone will not make a ringtone.. it will vibrate etc... and only a reboot sorts it.

Any ideas ? I don't think this was happening with 5.1... can I revert without rooting ?

I'm having the same problem since updating to 5.1.1. Very annoying as I'm missing calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

No data limit set... APN seems to be unchanged. I'm flummoxed.[/Q
    ensure roaming is on?

damian139 wrote: »
    No data limit set... APN seems to be unchanged. I'm flummoxed.[/Q
    ensure roaming is on?

Yeah, Roaming is on. Switched it off and back on again, switched phone on and off again - the lot. Still nada. Don't seem to be having much luck with this handset, and it's my third one as I had to bring the first two back with faults. Maybe the iPhone Gods are cursing me after turning my back on them! :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Anyone come across any decent covers for it yet? I was in the Vodafone store and they wanted 25e - thought it was a bit steep

I mentioned on here before that the Asian/Chinese phone shops on Talbot Street (there's a few of them) might have covers. The one just over the Gardiner St junction (pretty sure it's GSM Connection) def have them. I got it in a rubbery plastic for a tenner. Still haven't been able to find a proper rubber one, as I reckon they absorb the bumps and bashes the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Silly question, but should I back everything up and do a factory reset of the phone before I apply the update?

I didn't and everything went fine, if you're worried about losing any of your photos, videos etc. Then back them up just to make sure but otherwise you should be fine just downloading and installing.

As Danc90 says , always better safe than than sorry but there isn't really any need.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

I have been having quite a lot of trouble trying to root this phone and install lwrp.

First thing I did was to update the phone to the latest OTA update and then I tried using Wondershare MobileGo to get root but it couldnt so switched to kingroot.

After this I confirmed root worked my mounting the / filesystem and making a folder. After this I tried replacing recovery with twrp using dd and it appeared to work fine but I cannot boot into it. It appears to flash blue and then nothing. Holding the power button for 10 seconds gets the phone to reboot and android loads up fine.

Has anyone else had such issues?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Finally received the mobile which I got for girlfriends xmas pressie. Had to open to put unlock code which went in easily. Got from ebay after a few minutes of ordering, no issues.

My only issue is now I want to play around with it and I can't... haha. So to take the temptation away its now wrapped up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

need to choose either this phone or the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua Black

I have built up 2000 cherry points off vodafone, this phone is 1500 while the sony experia is 1800 points so can afford either, this has great reviews though! i think the sony is 8g.

anyone know of the sony one please let me know!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

madma wrote: »
    need to choose either this phone or the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua Black

I have built up 2000 cherry points off vodafone, this phone is 1500 while the sony experia is 1800 points so can afford either, this has great reviews though! i think the sony is 8g.

anyone know of the sony one please let me know!

thanks

The M4 Aqua has a lot going for it, but out of the box there's less than 2 gigs of the 8 gigs internal memory left after firmware and Sony's bloat. Seen lots of complaints about it. Pity, because reviews were positive about everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Someone else had a Smart Ultra 6 at Dublin airport. :P

9TBwaqXl.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Jake Stiles

GeneralC wrote: »
    Anyone come across any decent covers for it yet? I was in the Vodafone store and they wanted 25e - thought it was a bit steep

Stick this in an amazon search - €10. Fits like a glove.

Emartbuy Premium PU Leather Desktop Stand Wallet Case for Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

Advertisement