Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Having trouble with Malware. Winning iPhones and something called S-lite? Can't clear or x/exit out of the stupid things when they come up, have to just close whatever I was doing and go in again. Total waste of feicing time of me having Malwarebytes, Avira, AVG, and feicing Adblock downloaded. :/

+1

Seems to be when hitting external links from within Facebook. Pure annoying, like a browser is infected maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

If i unlock this to meteor will i still be able to use 3g/4g no bother what so ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

If i unlock this to meteor will i still be able to use 3g/4g no bother what so ever?

Yes.

Will i be grand to just buy one of ebay ye recommend anyone in particular?

Will i be grand to just buy one of ebay ye recommend anyone in particular?

You'll be safe with any one of them. There's extremely low chance of anything going wrong.

• Advertisement

Thank you cant wait to start using it at christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Hi all

So lately it takes eight seconds holding down power to power on the phone and on the bottom half of the screen there is constant flicker. Even sometimes with the android logo when powering up its like its dripping down the screen. As i type this now its grand but would VF take the phone for repair even though it's unlocked? Doubt a factory reset would make any difference. Any help greatly appreciated! (I'll attach a screenshot when it acts up again!)

Does this phone sipport usb otg

Does the phone support usb otg?

I connected a mouse and it worked.

• Advertisement

Hoping that my sandisk dual usb drive will work

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

How's everyone unlocking their phone now? Ebay link is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Do a search on eBay.ie, plenty more sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

any number of them there when you search ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Got 2 off this guy last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Does this phone sipport usb otg

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭banjolin

Yes. Plugged one in a couple of weeks ago. No problem reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Finally bit the bullet for one of these for Mrs. S. Also picked up a 64gb card for cheap from Amazon Warehouse.
    Quick (and probably stupid) questions about the unlock codes. Are they specific to each phone and do they expire? Don't want to be trying to buy one Christmas day, so if I could buy one tomorrow and it'd still work on Friday, it'd be great.

Soarer wrote: »
    Finally bit the bullet for one of these for Mrs. S. Also picked up a 64gb card for cheap from Amazon Warehouse.
    Quick (and probably stupid) questions about the unlock codes. Are they specific to each phone and do they expire? Don't want to be trying to buy one Christmas day, so if I could buy one tomorrow and it'd still work on Friday, it'd be great.

They are phone specific, you will need to give the eBay seller the imei from each phone. They don't expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Soarer wrote: »

When you open the box,there's some charge in the phone.I got the code,stuck in a 3 sim and unlocked it then packed it back up for Xmas.
    After the fact and some fiddling with a paper clip to open the sim tray,I discovered the little tool for doing it.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Seen a review on the vodafone website about this phone saying " it will not connect to wi-fi networks if you have no credit."

Surly thats not right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Having trouble with Malware. Winning iPhones and something called S-lite? Can't clear or x/exit out of the stupid things when they come up, have to just close whatever I was doing and go in again. Total waste of feicing time of me having Malwarebytes, Avira, AVG, and feicing Adblock downloaded. :/

It's this
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057531915/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Having problems with Alarms. Sometimes Alarms go off 3 days in a row, and I'd only have them set for the 1st day like , also sometimes the alarm doesn't even ring, I had thought alright something was up as 1 or 2 days I didn't hear the Alarm going off and could only assume I didn't set it but the other day I noticed what was happening, the Alarm was going off alright but it was silent, why or how I don't know as I would have had sound on like.

Having problems with Alarms. Sometimes Alarms go off 3 days in a row, and I'd only have them set for the 1st day like , also sometimes the alarm doesn't even ring, I had thought alright something was up as 1 or 2 days I didn't hear the Alarm going off and could only assume I didn't set it but the other day I noticed what was happening, the Alarm was going off alright but it was silent, why or how I don't know as I would have had sound on like.

Make sure you don't have your phone in silent, then disable the clock app (hold down on app icon and drag up to app info, disable). Then download the newer google clock from the playstore. Worth a shot before doing a factory reset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Is there a fix on some of the apps not showing (when part of a folder) and there is just a blank white space where the apps should be? Hope you get what I'm attempting to convey here!

Edit: Apps not showing in app drawer essentially.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

How do i buy one of these if I'm not vodafone? Say I'm existing user?

How do i buy one of these if I'm not vodafone? Say I'm existing user?
    You buy as a new customer and throw away the sim they give you or be honest and say your going to use it on a different network and they'll give it to you minus the sim (that's what i did). Either way there won't be any problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Red eye removal ......anyone know how to do this on the VSU6 without a computer?

Is there a fix on some of the apps not showing (when part of a folder) and there is just a blank white space where the apps should be? Hope you get what I'm attempting to convey here!

Edit: Apps not showing in app drawer essentially.

Could you get a screenshot of this? What launcher are you using? Are they apps saved to the SD card perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

Used this guy today no problem, cheapest on ebay too..

ebay.com/itm/231599542748?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#

Advertisement