Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

wont let me post urls..

here's the ebay item number

eBay item number:231599542748

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

It's quite frustrating that my hot spot doesn't work. Is there anything I can try before I factory reset it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

GvidoR wrote: »
    It's quite frustrating that my hot spot doesn't work. Is there anything I can try before I factory reset it?

Had the same problem, this fixed it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98085539&postcount=799

FrostyJim wrote: »

That's quite head wrecking tbh.

I got "error: no devices found"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Hitchens wrote: »
    Red eye removal ......anyone know how to do this on the VSU6 without a computer?
    I use a Programme called Photoscape on Computer to get rid of Red-Eye, not sure if it has er4667 an App. but it might be downloadable anyway if that's any good.

Also, Google Maps. Couldn't get directions this evening 'cos apparently ya need to be accessing the Internet? Really?!? I used it all the time on my trusty N8 with zero problems and zero necessity to be on the Internet in order to use it..... :/

• Advertisement

Also, Google Maps. Couldn't get directions this evening 'cos apparently ya need to be accessing the Internet? Really?!? I used it all the time on my trusty N8 with zero problems and zero necessity to be on the Internet in order to use it..... :/

Technology has moved on a lot in the last 5 years since the n8 and google maps does require an internet connection for turn by turn navigation, steetview,live traffic etc. If you are really going to make any use of a smartphone you should have a plan that includes some data. What plan do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Quick one lads.
    I am sure this started happening at the 5.1 update but not absolutely certain.
    I am unable to send MMS messages anymore.
    Can send via fb messenger....WhatsApp..Viber etc. Can send normal text to any network. It is just when I attach a pic as normal the phone just stays at ' sending'
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Technology has moved on a lot in the last 5 years since the n8 and google maps does require an internet connection for turn by turn navigation, steetview,live traffic etc.
    are you sure that Google does not NOW all you download "regions" like the Greater Dublin area in advance
    https://support.google.com/gmm/answer/6291838?hl=en
    vectra wrote: »
    Quick one lads.
    Can send via fb messenger....WhatsApp..Viber etc. Can send normal text to any network. It is just when I attach a pic as normal the phone just stays at ' sending'
    Cheers
    Picture messages through WhatsApp, Viber are IM not MMS, so totally unrelated. MMS use the provider's network like a phone call or SMS, IM use the internet like an email.
    Open Hangouts, make it your default Messaging app for SMS, IM & MMS.
    Then you should be able to send MMS through Hangouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Wowzers, ah I just have PayAsYouGo. I wouldn't personally consider that as moving on though?!? I would seriously consider that going backwards. Is there any half-decent Maps App you can get that doesn't require an Internet Connection anyone know....

Wowzers, ah I just have PayAsYouGo. I wouldn't personally consider that as moving on though?!? I would seriously consider that going backwards. Is there any half-decent Maps App you can get that doesn't require an Internet Connection anyone know....

Actually D' peoples voice is correct. You can download "offline areas" as big or as small as you like in google maps now. Give that a try, I find google maps the best. Most payasyougo plans include some data nowadays unless your on some legacy plan. If so you may be better off switching to a newer plan but that's probably for another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

For hiking etc, I use
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.osmand

its search facility is not a patch on Google's though, but if you can find the place on the map yourself, it's navigation is excellent

vectra wrote: »
    Quick one lads.
    I am sure this started happening at the 5.1 update but not absolutely certain.
    Cheers
    Have you an MMS apn set up on your phone for your network? Also unlikely but maybe you need to switch WiFi off? (I imagine it's intelligent enough to temporarily do this itself)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Could you get a screenshot of this? What launcher are you using? Are they apps saved to the SD card perhaps?

Thanks for the suggestions. It happens ephemerally - when it arises again I'll forward on a screenshot. I'll take a look at where they are save in the meantime. I've a feeling it's saved internally though.

Edit: Everything is saved internally so far

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Google maps still required a connection to use navigation even if the area is downloaded. Not an issue for me but when I'm abroad I use Maps.ME which doesn't need any connection for navigation. Works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

copeyhagen wrote: »
    a issues? I have mine a good few months now. the outer egde of te screen looks kinda dirty, hard to explain, runs the entire circumference of the screens outer edge. just changed protector and its deffo the screen itself.

only noticeable when screen is turned off.

anyone with same issues?

adrian522 wrote: »
    Google maps still required a connection to use navigation even if the area is downloaded.

No you don't anymore. There is a seperate menu now called offline areas. Once downloaded to there you can get direction from a to b within it even in flight mode. (I just tried there to make sure I was right)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well it didn't work for me in Chicago earlier this month even when the area was saved. Also some places cant be downloaded at all for some reason.

Anyway Maps.me is a good alternative.

Well it didn't work for me in Chicago earlier this month even when the area was saved. Also some places cant be downloaded at all for some reason.

Anyway Maps.me is a good alternative.

It's only available the last month or so. You mean saved as in you loaded up a map on WiFi and then took off with it. I mean saved as in select menu and select offline areas and press add and pick the size of the area you want to make available offline. If you still don't have it go to the playstore and update the app.

Yeah saved as in saved offline before I left the country, that bit worked fine but navigation or directions still needed network.

Yeah saved as in saved offline before I left the country, that bit worked fine but navigation or directions still needed network.

Ok, well that's changed recently, it'll do it now.

https://support.google.com/gmm/answer/6291838?hl=en

• Advertisement

Actually the thing that wasn't working for me was directions on public transport, I never really tried driving directions or walking directions so they may have been working.

Thanks for the suggestions. It happens ephemerally - when it arises again I'll forward on a screenshot. I'll take a look at where they are save in the meantime. I've a feeling it's saved internally though.

Edit: Everything is saved internally so far

Shouldn't have anything to do with where they are saved, check the apn settings, to send MMS you will have a 2nd apn profile. Did you add the data apn settings manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Bought this from a vodafone shop as a present and the man said that if box is opened then they cant give a refund.

Is that right? Isnt there not a change of mind law or is this just online?

Pangea wrote: »
    Bought this from a vodafone shop as a present and the man said that if box is opened then they cant give a refund.

Is that right? Isnt there not a change of mind law or is this just online?

Some places won't refund/replace if there's nothing wrong with the item.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Well there's a security seal on the box to say it hasn't been opened. I'd imagine if that's intact there shouldn't be an issue.
    If you've broken that seal, can't see why they'd give you a refund if you change your mind. How are they supposed to sell it again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

You shouldn't want to return it anyway! It's a super handset :)

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

I need an unlock code ASAP! Is it possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Ebay. But with it being xmas you may not get a reply straight away. Only took 5 mins for me to get a code a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

Quite annoyed bought one of these and asked in Vodafone for a new NANO sim and she said it was in the bag
    Dunce could recommend that I needed a 32gb bit could not give me the right sim as I now have a micro sim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Quite annoyed bought one of these and asked in Vodafone for a new NANO sim and she said it was in the bag
    Dunce could recommend that I needed a 32gb bit could not give me the right sim as I now have a micro sim

They only have one type of sim card... It pops out to give you the nano? Its regular. Micro and nano too depending on which you pop out.

Unless they gave you a diff from me. In any case you can cut it down to size.

Advertisement