Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

All the SIM cards I've seen lately are 3-in-1.

Cutting micro to nano may end badly.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

GvidoR wrote: »
    All the SIM cards I've seen lately are 3-in-1.

Cutting micro to nano may end badly.

What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

As above...dont try cutting down micro into nano..i tried it this morning with my sons new ultra 6..didnt work..wont fit snugly into sim cage at side of phone,
    so its a trip to a vodafone store over the next few days to get it sorted:-(

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    As above...dont try cutting down micro into nano..i tried it this morning with my sons new ultra 6..didnt work..wont fit snugly into sim cage at side of phone,
    so its a trip to a vodafone store over the next few days to get it sorted:-(

Where do I go if I am with 48 go conquor?

Contact them and tell them to send out a new one, or go to Carphone Warehouse. Pretty sure they have the tool to cut it properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

You could go to carphonewarehouse or three as they own them, otherwise get onto 48 website and they'll send you out a replacement sim in a few days.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Cheers :-) Happy xmas all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Trueskill3r

Hey guys,anyone have a quick guide for unlocking these for meteor? Just got one of these as a surprise xmas present :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Have the Samsung s3. Would this be worth upgrading to?

• Advertisement

Luap wrote: »

Definitely.

Some have come from an S4 and haven't looked back.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

The phone is excellent for the money, on a par with an S4 I've had, and probably better reception, although I've always had a feeling my S4 was a monday morning phone.

On the cotechs case, yes its a good fit and all, but the one i got has a lot of flashing on the right side on the power button. It is quite poor. I've left a message with the ebay seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

My cotech is the same, but it was cheap so what could you expect. Not sure which tempered screen protector I got but the thing holds dirt & finger prints like there no tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Seems to be quite positive reviews for this phone, but the thread has been going some time, is there any upgraded or newer version in the pipeline, Id be a bit sick if I got one and then something else came along.

I'm tempted to switch over to vodafone as a PAYG user, but Im not too keen on their bundles, it seems to be calls,texts or data?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

cerastes wrote: »
    Seems to be quite positive reviews for this phone, but the thread has been going some time, is there any upgraded or newer version in the pipeline, Id be a bit sick if I got one and then something else came along.

I'm tempted to switch over to vodafone as a PAYG user, but Im not too keen on their bundles, it seems to be calls,texts or data?

Given the price, I don't think there would be much annoyance in buying now and a new version being released in the summer. It's still a great phone for a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

cerastes wrote: »

Just get it unlocked and stay with your current provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

In regards to my sim in was just a 2 in 1 did not pop out to a nano
    Whats the best apps to ise to replace the vodafone messaging,contacts etc apps

In regards to my sim in was just a 2 in 1 did not pop out to a nano
    Whats the best apps to ise to replace the vodafone messaging,contacts etc apps

Just disable/uninstall the vodafone apps. Messenger is Googles default sms application now and is installed already. Contacts is not a vodafone app.

Basically you can uninstall or disable all the uninstallable vf apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Difficult to complain with one of these phones for the price you pay for it. Its been pretty reliable for me bar needing a screen replacement under warranty because of some strange screen burn issue. The new panel has been perfect ever since. I'd reccomend the phone to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Luap wrote: »

Much better than the S4 I had.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if 3 are open tomorrow? I need to get a 48 sim.

Anyone know if 3 are open tomorrow? I need to get a 48 sim.
    u mean carphone warehouse? I'd say most definitely open.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    u mean carphone warehouse? I'd say most definitely open.

Yeah same thing I'm sure. GREAT! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭yabbav

This is basically some Chinese phone made for vodafone. Look at other chinese phones with even better specs for the same price. My wife has a Smart Ultra 6 free from her cherry points and while good is not a patch on the phone i got for 200 euro unlocked

yabbav wrote: »
    This is basically some Chinese phone made for vodafone. Look at other chinese phones with even better specs for the same price. My wife has a Smart Ultra 6 free from her cherry points and while good is not a patch on the phone i got for 200 euro unlocked

Ya but at least if something goes wrong you have a shop to go to :-)

what will go wrong. My last huawei honor 6x i had from the day it was released to now and it is still working fine. Two years and its the longest i ever had a phone. My new phone i have had since August and the shops have nothing in the same ball park at any price. I have a company iphone six which if it were not for the company email i would just pop the sim into my duel sim phone. Iphone 6 is such a crap phone it is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Any chance you could tell us what phone you got, and from where?

LeTV Max X900 from China.

Paid 200 euro and (I am told that many love the built in LeTV steaming service as it has loads of english content plus a music stream service better than spotify without paying for it and unlimited free downloads of tracks, i would not know of such things i really would not)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

LeTV Max X900 from China.

Paid 200 euro and (I am told that many love the built in LeTV steaming service as it has loads of english content plus a music stream service better than spotify without paying for it and unlimited free downloads of tracks, i would not know of such things i really would not)

Are you sure it isn't the LeTV One or One Pro you have? The Max tends to be a good bit dearer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

what will go wrong. My last huawei honor 6x i had from the day it was released to now and it is still working fine. Two years and its the longest i ever had a phone. My new phone i have had since August and the shops have nothing in the same ball park at any price. I have a company iphone six which if it were not for the company email i would just pop the sim into my duel sim phone. Iphone 6 is such a crap phone it is unreal.

Honor 6x (aka Plus) was released in December 2014.

Advertisement