Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭yabbav

corwill wrote: »
    Honor 6x (aka Plus) was released in December 2014.

Was it. I had in from China march 2013. I remember it well. they are actually called something else there but same spec 8 core etc...

corwill wrote: »
    Are you sure it isn't the LeTV One or One Pro you have? The Max tends to be a good bit dearer.

It's the max due to its size and 4GB ram

You haggle these prices. Walk into any Chinese electronics market without a big Laowai I'm gonna pay the asking price and you'll get serious deals plus they'll throw in loads while giving you untold time setting it all up. I do always wonder what is in it for them. You need to know how to handle the locals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Shouldn't have anything to do with where they are saved, check the apn settings, to send MMS you will have a 2nd apn profile. Did you add the data apn settings manually?

I think this issue you're referring to here might be in relation to another poster. Mine was in relation to the white background upon opening apps from within a folder of apps on a Home screen, which thankfully hasn't arisen since I posted a number of days ago.

Is there any way to clear all apps in one felled swoop when opening them with the shortcut/right home key? I find the only option here is to swipe each one away individually which isn't ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

yabbav wrote: »
    This is basically some Chinese phone made for vodafone.

It's a rebranded ZTE Blade 6 (+)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

Hi, I am trying to root my smart ultra 6
    Android version 5.1.1
    I have tried kingroot, kingo root and a few others with no success.

can anyone help?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is there any way to clear all apps in one felled swoop when opening them with the shortcut/right home key? I find the only option here is to swipe each one away individually which isn't ideal.
    You need to be rooted and use an xposed module like gravitybox to activate this feature in google now launcher. Not sure about Nova launcher or any if the others.
    Shpongler wrote: »
    Hi, I am trying to root my smart ultra 6
    Android version 5.1.1
    I have tried kingroot, kingo root and a few others with no success.

can anyone help?
    http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375680-guide-testedhow-to-get-reliable-root-and-twrp-on-su6-that-is-problematic/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Is the offical vodafone case for this any good? I read reviews that you have to take the phone out to turn it on and take a photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just home from buying this, had a Nexus 5 but that kicked the bucket a few weeks ago. Was always interested in this, very happy so far :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

whats the verdict on 5.1.1? has it been troublesome in general. might hold off if it is.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    You need to be rooted and use an xposed module like gravitybox to activate this feature in google now launcher. Not sure about Nova launcher or any if the others.

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375680-guide-testedhow-to-get-reliable-root-and-twrp-on-su6-that-is-problematic/

Thanks Frosty. That's not ideal at all. Might try a different launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Close ALL applications app from Artefatos CS Brazil free version from the play store be any help/what your looking for? - works on unrooted phones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Just bought an sd card for this phone with a write speed of up to 48mbs but just seen another verison with speeds of up to 80. Would this make much of a difference in the day to day usage of the phone compared to the 48?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Jake Stiles

Ive ordered it.

Fits like a glove - there is gaps to accomodate the camera and sound.

The flip at the back is handy for your thumb when answering calls.

about 8 euro on moore street from the chinese guy. perfect. gel fitting with faux leather case.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭canhefixit

Have a iphone 4s 8gb which i want to change asap and would like to get one of these, I know they aint massive money but thought they might be reduced abit after xmas but anyone know of any deals to get it abit cheaper? Maybe come jan it may go down abit im not in a massive hurry just yet tks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

The wife got me a nice side flip case for christmas pressie for my VFSU6. Its got the word 'acrolrs' stamped onto the front of it bottom right of the case. The phone fits nice into it (the internal part that holds the phone has more like a rubberised feel than hard plastic that normally cheap ones have and feels much better) and it has cut-outs in right places, and magnetic clip/clasp. Compartments for Debit/Credit cards inside and a pouch to hold Notes/cash. Nice to hold and dont add too much more bulk. i presume she bought it on ebay. But yes after hearing not a good review of the Vodafone official case i am glad she bought me this one now.

• Advertisement

Close ALL applications app from Artefatos CS Brazil free version from the play store be any help/what your looking for? - works on unrooted phones

Cheers. It's more about recent apps - the option to clear all was in earlier versions but lollipop doesn't seem to have that feature. But I briefly researched and maybe these people are talking sense here:

http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/91888/how-to-close-all-background-apps-at-once-in-android-5-0-lollipop

So it's probably counter productive to clear all in terms of battery life etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

My vsu6 has an icon at the top of the screen a circle with a line drawn through it. Anyone have any idea what it means?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

lolliedog wrote: »
    My vsu6 has an icon at the top of the screen a circle with a line drawn through it. Anyone have any idea what it means?

Is it Do Not Disturb ? https://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/icons/windows-8-metro-style/512/mute.png

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

No, its not that icon, it just a circle with a line at 45 degrees. But you prompted me to check the volume button, it has 3 settings, none priority and all. It was set to none. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'm looking to remove all traces of Vodafone from the phone, with the exception of the logo on the back.
    From what I can see, the Vodafone apps are:
    Message+
    My Web
    Protect
    Smart Flow
    Smart Tips
    Start
    Updates

Is it ok to uninstall all of these? What would be used for texts if Message+ was removed? Can we still scroll between homepages if we remove Smart Flow?

Sorry for the stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

lolliedog wrote: »
    No, its not that icon, it just a circle with a line at 45 degrees. But you prompted me to check the volume button, it has 3 settings, none priority and all. It was set to none. Thanks.

That sounds like the no-service icon.
    Soarer wrote: »
    I'm looking to remove all traces of Vodafone from the phone, with the exception of the logo on the back.
    From what I can see, the Vodafone apps are:
    Message+
    My Web
    Protect
    Smart Flow
    Smart Tips
    Start
    Updates

Is it ok to uninstall all of these? What would be used for texts if Message+ was removed? Can we still scroll between homepages if we remove Smart Flow?

Sorry for the stupidity.

Yes, you can uninstall/disable those.
    There is a standard Android "Messaging" app.
    Yes, you can scroll between homepages without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Much better than the S4 I had.

Much better? In what way?

I can only see the battery being superior to the s4 and maybe the bigger screen but that would be down to the individuals preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Much better? In what way?

I can only see the battery being superior to the s4 and maybe the bigger screen but that would be down to the individuals preference.

I really find the camera not good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Anyone on here got a link to or purchased aa hard case case for the phone seem to only find gel case or wallet type cases

Need a case like an otter case as I'm prone to making crap of a phone.

Cheers boardsies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

vectra wrote: »
    I really find the camera not good at all.

Interesting. I find it quite good.

Example here

Advertisement