Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

On auto settings??
    That is quite good. ^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

They are impressive.
    Must be me getting the shakes then LOL
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

vectra wrote: »
    They are impressive.
    Must be me getting the shakes then LOL
    Thanks

yeah what a shame they didnt build some kind of digital or hardware image stabilizer into this phone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Maybe give this a try. I believe it has stabilization built in: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.opencamera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭robo

I bought my Mam one of these phones & noticed that it was rebooting itself when I opened it & first turned it on. Just left it & unlocked it and put in the Meteor SIM card, but it is still rebooting after about 5 minutes or so.
    So I would think that it has nothing to do with the phone being unlocked, would I still be entitled to repair, replace, refund? Very frustrating as it was a gift. Anyone else had issues with it like this or having to return it after unlocking it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

robo wrote: »
    I bought my Mam one of these phones & noticed that it was rebooting itself when I opened it & first turned it on. Just left it & unlocked it and put in the Meteor SIM card, but it is still rebooting after about 5 minutes or so.
    So I would think that it has nothing to do with the phone being unlocked, would I still be entitled to repair, replace, refund? Very frustrating as it was a gift. Anyone else had issues with it like this or having to return it after unlocking it?

If it's rebooting itself while still in the box make sure it's in correctly because mine wasn't and it meant the power button was constantly being pressed.

No its rebooting out of the box with a white line coming up after the reboot on the top left hand corner of the screen

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Is there macro on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Is there macro on this?

I don't see it on the default camera app but the camera app I linked above does have macro mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What's the handiest way to transfer all files from another phone to this? It has migrate but that just lets me transfer files from the Ultra 6? It's a Moto G that I want to transfer all files (photos etc.) from to the new Ultra.

zerks wrote: »
    What's the handiest way to transfer all files from another phone to this? It has migrate but that just lets me transfer files from the Ultra 6? It's a Moto G that I want to transfer all files (photos etc.) from to the new Ultra.

Bluetooth and use inbuilt file manager or download astro file manager from play store?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bluetooth and use inbuilt file manager or download astro file manager from play store?

It's for the missus,if I balls it up and lose her stuff I may move out:p:o

I'll try those suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Maybe it's in the previous 170 pages, but what's the story with rooting this bad boy?

Like I mentioned further up, I want to remove all traces of Vodafone. But when I went to change the boot logo yesterday, i got a "read-only system directory" message. A bit of Googling told me that rooting it would remove this restriction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Soarer wrote: »
    Maybe it's in the previous 170 pages, but what's the story with rooting this bad boy?

Like I mentioned further up, I want to remove all traces of Vodafone. But when I went to change the boot logo yesterday, i got a "read-only system directory" message. A bit of Googling told me that rooting it would remove this restriction.

Better place to look would be in the android forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057457335. It is possible to root using a tool such as Wondershare MobileGo (http://mobilego.wondershare.com/), which has a one-click root tool. However, some of these Smart Ultras can't be easily rooted for some reason, there is a workaround available on the Modaco website: http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375680-guide-testedhow-to-get-reliable-root-and-twrp-on-su6-that-is-problematic/

• Registered Users Posts: 44 michael1930

I'm on 3 and my phone constantly moves to o2 network despite me selecting 3 network. Any help appreciated, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I'm on 3 and my phone constantly moves to o2 network despite me selecting 3 network. Any help appreciated, thanks.
    Totally normal, 3 bought o2 so they use the same masts. Just means you've switched to an ex 02 mast as it has better signal in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

robo wrote: »

I returned mine recently with a warranty issue. They tried to tell me that I had voided warranty by unlocking it. They sent it away for screen replacement anyway but said their repair partners would know it had been unlocked.
    When I went back to collect the repaired unit they said that there would be no charge this time as a 'gesture of good will'. There were 2 sales assistants plus the manager telling me all this.

I thanked them for repairing it so fast but insisted that it was a warranty repair and that we would have been meeting in the small claims court if they had refused to repair it. I told them that I had conducted my own research and found that unlocking absolutely does not void warranty.
    They then asked who had unlocked it for me. I told them I got the unlock code from eBay and unlocked it myself.
    Then they back pedalled and said if I had gotten some guy in a 'Chinese repair shop' to jail break it then that would have voided warranty.
    I allowed them that face saving exercise and we parted on good terms.

So if your phone has a warranty issue after unlocking go back to the shop and stand firm.
    Unlocking does not void warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I will ask Vodafone if this racism is corporate policy over on their forum here

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Any recommendations for a holder for the dash board of the car for using maps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Having issues with phone not ringing. Sound will come back when I do a reboot. On the latest firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My phone has developed a weird, almost like a burn-in issue. There is a line across the bottom third of the screen, about 2-3 mm thick, maybe an inch wide. It's really only visible on white or light coloured screens, and is a massive wreck-the-head since I spotted it.

I bought the phone in Carphone Warehouse - I assume if I go back with it they'll simply send it away to be fixed and not replace on the spot?

Zebbedee wrote: »
    I returned mine recently with a warranty issue. They tried to tell me that I had voided warranty by unlocking it. They sent it away for screen replacement anyway but said their repair partners would know it had been unlocked.
    When I went back to collect the repaired unit they said that there would be no charge this time as a 'gesture of good will'. There were 2 sales assistants plus the manager telling me all this.

I thanked them for repairing it so fast but insisted that it was a warranty repair and that we would have been meeting in the small claims court if they had refused to repair it. I told them that I had conducted my own research and found that unlocking absolutely does not void warranty.
    They then asked who had unlocked it for me. I told them I got the unlock code from eBay and unlocked it myself.
    Then they back pedalled and said if I had gotten some guy in a 'Chinese repair shop' to jail break it then that would have voided warranty.
    I allowed them that face saving exercise and we parted on good terms.

So if your phone has a warranty issue after unlocking go back to the shop and stand firm.
    Unlocking does not void warranty.

Thanks for the advice, they just replaced it, no issue with unlocking as I didn't say anything & they took it into the back to check that it was rebooting every few minutes so they were happy with that fault. I was ready to spout off about the warranty etc as I didn't do anything wrong.
    Gonna turn on the new phone, leave it 24 hours before buying the unlock code again from Ebay to make sure that it is ok.

Is Amazon the best price on this phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is Amazon the best price on this phone?

Yes although with fx that might not be a huge saving from buying from Vodafone here. Sometimes drops to 100 GBP on Amazon.

Thanks. I think it works out at about €156 with Revolut. So I feel a €15 saving is worth the wait.

Blooming hell I was talking to someone on the phone today and after the call for some reason when I moved the phone away to hang up it looks like my face/ear/whatever selected 'Guest' profile!! - whats that about? - the proximity sensor shouldnt have even turned on the screen whilst it was held to my face.. plus i have a pocket lock app loaded so it definitely shouldnt have turned on!!

Yes although with fx that might not be a huge saving from buying from Vodafone here. Sometimes drops to 100 GBP on Amazon.

It's actually a gift for my brother and he's already with Vodafone so it might work out better to purchase from Vodafone...Cherrypoints, not needing to get it unlocked etc.

Sorry if I'm derailing the thread folks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Any recommendations for a holder for the phone for in the car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Thanks. I think it works out at about €156 with Revolut. So I feel a €15 saving is worth the wait.

How does that work?

Advertisement