Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

Revolut gives you the rate that XE.com shows i.e the market rate. Currently £115 is €156.70. Big thread on it here. Basically a prepaid debit card that you put funds on usually with your bank's debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

dedaw wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a holder for the phone for in the car?

http://www.adverts.ie/8013799

I'm sure they can be bought cheaper elsewhere but this had fast delivery and quality is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

dedaw wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a holder for the phone for in the car?
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/181854897530?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=480852196791&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

very strong and sturdy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Zebbedee wrote: »
    I returned mine recently with a warranty issue. They tried to tell me that I had voided warranty by unlocking it. They sent it away for screen replacement anyway but said their repair partners would know it had been unlocked.
    When I went back to collect the repaired unit they said that there would be no charge this time as a 'gesture of good will'. There were 2 sales assistants plus the manager telling me all this.

I thanked them for repairing it so fast but insisted that it was a warranty repair and that we would have been meeting in the small claims court if they had refused to repair it. I told them that I had conducted my own research and found that unlocking absolutely does not void warranty.
    They then asked who had unlocked it for me. I told them I got the unlock code from eBay and unlocked it myself.
    Then they back pedalled and said if I had gotten some guy in a 'Chinese repair shop' to jail break it then that would have voided warranty.
    I allowed them that face saving exercise and we parted on good terms.

So if your phone has a warranty issue after unlocking go back to the shop and stand firm.
    Unlocking does not void warranty.

too right, - I should imagine Rooting would, but thats a totally different thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The software update has disabled the double tap. Any way to get it back?

• Advertisement

Pangea wrote: »
    The software update has disabled the double tap. Any way to get it back?

It's just switched it off, can be turned back on in display settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

has anyone installed marshmallow on the SU6 yet, or is it even possible?

Hitchens wrote: »
    has anyone installed marshmallow on the SU6 yet, or is it even possible?

Not possible as its not been released for it yet, official or custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Murilotdb

Thanks. I think it works out at about €156 with Revolut. So I feel a €15 saving is worth the wait.

Hi! How did you pay for it with British pounds? Did you buy the phone from the UK website? Thanks

You install the Revolut app on your phone and register (there might be a referral code floating about giving you a free fiver). Top up the card by about €157. You add the card details to your Amazon account and pay with it in sterling. Revolut handles the currency exchange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭patrickLouth1

Is it wirth updating to 5.1 im vetting a notification to do it but im unsure i there many bugs

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Is it wirth updating to 5.1 im vetting a notification to do it but im unsure i there many bugs

I've been running it a few weeks with no problems at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I've been running it a few weeks with no problems at all

Same here. Doesn't seem to be any different than 5.0.2 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

HI,

For some reason my phone as stopped ringing on incoming calls...
    I did not ( deliberately ) change any settings, or upload any app etc....
    It will vibrate.....
    Volume level shows full/high....

Any ideas....??

Thanks

Jay.

Jay Dee wrote: »
    HI,

For some reason my phone as stopped ringing on incoming calls...
    I did not ( deliberately ) change any settings, or upload any app etc....
    It will vibrate.....
    Volume level shows full/high....

Any ideas....??

Thanks

Jay.

When not playing any media press the volume up button, make sure all is selected.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

Tried That....

Thanks

Jay.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Murilotdb

You install the Revolut app on your phone and register (there might be a referral code floating about giving you a free fiver). Top up the card by about €157. You add the card details to your Amazon account and pay with it in sterling. Revolut handles the currency exchange.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone know any apps/services/memberships I could use my Three credit to buy stuff with?

I get 20 Euro credit every month just for the data, and dont really use much credit, so Im looking to buying decent apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I get 20 Euro credit every month just for the data, and dont really use much credit, so Im looking to buying decent apps.

You can use your credit to buy xbox live or psn membership & gift cards too if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You can use your credit to buy xbox live or psn membership & gift cards too if you want.

Thanks. What way do you do that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Thanks. What way do you do that?

http://www.hmvgamecredit.com/IE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

Hey folks.
    I've smashed my galaxy s4 and looking for a replacement. Is the smart ultra worth a go or would I be better off with a 2nd hand s4.
    A lot of the reviews talk about how good it is for the price but I'd like to know how good it is in general.
    Would i regret buying it coming from a slightly older model flagship phone?
    Thanks.

Same question was asked only a few days ago. S4 users seem to be very happy with switch and see it as an upgrade rather than lesser phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

I see amazon fr have a lightening deal on the moto g 3rd gen for about the same price
    how would the 2 compair
    http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B012MRT14E?ref_=gb1h_tit_c-2_7347_36c2e937&smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Same question was asked only a few days ago. S4 users seem to be very happy with switch and see it as an upgrade rather than lesser phone.

Thanks. I had a quick look but didn't want to trawl thru 20+ pages for an answer.
    I'm waiting on a price for repair and if its too expensive ill probably chance the ultra.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    I see amazon fr have a lightening deal on the moto g 3rd gen for about the same price
    how would the 2 compair
    http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B012MRT14E?ref_=gb1h_tit_c-2_7347_36c2e937&smid=A1X6FK5RDHNB96
    That's a good price for that phone, it's £169.99 on UK amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Generation-SIM-Free-Smartphone-Exclusive/dp/B014KT0KWE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451916325&sr=8-1&keywords=motorola+moto+g+3rd+gen+16gb currently. I believe that the SU6 and the Moto G have similar specs but the Moto G has a smaller screen? General consensus online seems to be SU6 is the better phone overall, but perhaps others here will weigh in on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Both the moto g and the vsu6 don't support mhl.. Which allows you connect to a tv .. If that's your thing... I have the vsu6 and I am disappointed that it doesn't have this feature..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

lolliedog wrote: »
    Both the moto g and the vsu6 don't support mhl.. Which allows you connect to a tv .. If that's your thing... I have the vsu6 and I am disappointed that it doesn't have this feature..

Get a chromecast? you can cast almost all apps using it and its wireless and you can still use your phone unlike with MHL

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

neacy69 wrote: »
    Get a chromecast? you can cast almost all apps using it and its wireless and you can still use your phone unlike with MHL

How do you find it? I am no expert but I heard it can be iffy with video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

lolliedog wrote: »
    How do you find it? I am no expert but I heard it can be iffy with video.

Never had an issue with it. I use it for netflix, youtube and the :cool: Apps and all videos play perfectly. I've also used it for deezer and spotify and its always worked grand.

Advertisement