Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Zebbedee wrote: »
    I'm using this phone on tescomobile but I've lost the capability of MMS messaging since doing a factory reset.
    I've copied the MMS APN settings from the tescomobile site to no avail and also the settings from my gf's android phone which is also on tescomobile.
    Can somebody who is on tescomobile and has MMS messaging with this phone please post a screenshot of their MMS APN settings.
    Thanks in advance.
    Open Hangouts, in the settings, opt to allow it be your main app for sms\mms.
    Send the MMS through Hangouts and let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Pangea wrote: »
    I asked this before but got no answer, has anyone got the Case for this from Vodafone itself? There are only 2 reviews online and they both claim that you have to take the phone out to turn it off or take a photo!

I have this case and you don't need to take it out to take a picture. I bought it with the phone as Vodafone give €10 off the case. Very happy with it fits perfect all cut out in the right place the only thing is it doesn't have a magnetic strap to close it. This doesn't bother me as I think it looks better without, very slimline look.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

what is the best, surefire method/app to root the VSU6?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 LionelHutz32

Since I go this phone I've had a few issues with it.

First off the vibration stopped working on it and had to send it back to Vodafone, they sent it off to be repaired and I got it back after 1 week. They confirmed it was a hardware error.

Since I got it back the MTP (Media file transfer) no longer works now. When I have it plugged in to the laptop, it charges the phone but the laptop no longer recognizes it (fails to install the software on the laptop).

I have MTP enabled on the phone, it worked fine before I sent it for repair (they upgraded the firmware) ..not sure what is wrong. I tried rebooting boot the phone and laptop, switched on/off the MTP but no luck.

Anybody else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hitchens wrote: »
    what is the best, surefire method/app to root the VSU6?

Depends if you have a vd su6 that is easy to root or not. There seems to be two types. One that is system protected and one that is not and is easy to root.

Try root with wondershare mobilego and if that fails chances are you will need to go the hard route.

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375680-guide-testedhow-to-get-reliable-root-and-twrp-on-su6-that-is-problematic/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Depends if you have a vd su6 that is easy to root or not. There seems to be two types. One that is system protected and one that is not and is easy to root.

Try root with wondershare mobilego and if that fails chances are you will need to go the hard route.

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/375680-guide-testedhow-to-get-reliable-root-and-twrp-on-su6-that-is-problematic/
    is there a way to determine if the system is protected or unprotected before attempting the root process?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭WolfSpinach

I just arrived in the country from South Africa. I have a Smart Ultra 6 purchased in Germany (complicated I know, was a gift) that has been working perfectly for me in SA. In Ireland it seems to find network but then something goes wrong, no signal bars, Emergency Calls Only, No SIM icon. Soft reset (power+volume up for 30 seconds) gets signal back for 5-20 minutes before it plays up again. Any ideas? Radio bands out something?

Hitchens wrote: »
    is there a way to determine if the system is protected or unprotected before attempting the root process?

No but it won't do any harm trying the easy way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I just arrived in the country from South Africa. I have a Smart Ultra 6 purchased in Germany (complicated I know, was a gift) that has been working perfectly for me in SA. In Ireland it seems to find network but then something goes wrong, no signal bars, Emergency Calls Only, No SIM icon. Soft reset (power+volume up for 30 seconds) gets signal back for 5-20 minutes before it plays up again. Any ideas? Radio bands out something?

Have you tried another sim in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭WolfSpinach

corwill wrote: »
    Have you tried another sim in it?

I haven't, I took it in to Vodafone and the girl there said it was in order but she just checked her computer. I'll see if anybody at work has a nano SIM I can try, good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

When I make a call and when the call is answered/connects my phone vibrates/buzzes anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

vectra wrote: »
    I had the same issue and I went to their site and in settings I chose the ones for Smart 4 fun
    These worked perfect for me.
    http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/phone-settings.aspx
    Input your phone number
    Choose vodafone
    choose smart 4 fun

Fill in captha
    the settings wil be sent to yuor phone

That worked, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

Open Hangouts, in the settings, opt to allow it be your main app for sms\mms.
    Send the MMS through Hangouts and let us know how you get on.

I have it working now through messenger.
    I've never used hangouts.
    Any advantage in using that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

lolliedog wrote: »
    When I make a call and when the call is answered/connects my phone vibrates/buzzes anyone else notice this?
    I've noticed this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Hiya folks,

Buying the phone as a present off Amazon, and just wondering how easy it is to unlock the phone?

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hiya folks,

Buying the phone as a present off Amazon, and just wondering how easy it is to unlock the phone?

Check the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Hiya folks,

How easy?

You buy a unlock code through Ebay and put it in the phone when you put in non VF sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I've had this phone since October and its a bloody gem . love it . battery is way way better than my I phone 4 . I'll never buy a over prices I phone again .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Cheers folks. Wasn't sure if I needed to wait until I had the phone or not to buy the unlock code. Sound!!!

Cheers folks. Wasn't sure if I needed to wait until I had the phone or not to buy the unlock code. Sound!!!

You do need to wait to have the imei to send them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Ive got this Smart ultra 6 phone and I really like it .. but I went in to vodafone shop and picked up and held the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (I like big phones!) and i thought , yep thats the phone I'd like to aim for in the future - but then on inspection for a start you can only get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on bill pay only and for the cheapest plan of €35 per month plan you have to buy the phone at €229.99! and as far as I can see unless I am missing something:

The VFSU6 has Octa core Processor - i think the SG Note 4 has only 4cores

The VFSU6 has FM radio - The SG Note 4 hasnt got a FM Radio

The VFSU6 is now running lolipop 5.1 - I think the SGS Note 4 I think runs 5.0

The VFSU6 has IPS screen and the SG Note has Super AMOLD (isnt IPS better?)

Ok I think the SG Note 4 has a better megapixel camera at 16mp as opposed to VFSU6 13mp camera and a better capacity battery (even though I am really impressed with battery stamina on the VFSU6)

So now - I am just wondering wouldnt I be better of keeping the VFSU6 because it seems a better phone on the whole?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Comparing this is a note 4 is like comparing an Astra to a Ferrari.

completely different markets.

This is a budget handset, the Note 4 is premium. Its better in pretty much every sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Astra is a model. Ferrari is a brand. :P

RossieMan wrote: »
    Comparing this is a note 4 is like comparing an Astra to a Ferrari.

completely different markets.

This is a budget handset, the Note 4 is premium. Its better in pretty much every sense.

Is it though - see after my comparisons it really looks like the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 although a 'budget' handset excels in quite a few places I think - mind u I have never owned a Galaxy Note 4 in real life so I suppose I cant totally say unless I had one I suppose

it really isn't.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6434&idPhone2=7313

here, the Note 4 is so much better, but it isn't a fair comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

But... Touchwiz. :P

Touchwiz is one of the only reasons not to buy it, it makes Miui look the business.

That being said, i personally wouldn't buy the SU6, Everyone has something they look for when buying.

RossieMan wrote: »
    it really isn't.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6434&idPhone2=7313

here, the Note 4 is so much better, but it isn't a fair comparison.

is it €229.99 on a €35eur per month better though - I wish i could lay my hand on a working SG Note 4 to actually see.

My phone before the SU6 was a Galaxy note 1 - I really liked it, although it was absolutely terrible on battery life - the SU6 knocks spots off it in that respect. I didnt mind touchwiz interface at all. Phone was slow but i rooted it and put CM10 on it which made it much more responsive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Hi,

im abroad and and signed up to virgin and have everything else working (data) but i cant make or recieve calls. head is wrecked trying to fix it, its definately a problem with the phone as sim works in other phone. does anyone know what i can do or will i just contact vodaphone?

cheers

i gave this into the phoneshop here and they checked everything from their end and couldnt fix, have checked all the ual things on the phone also and cant ge tit working:(

• Advertisement

madma wrote: »
    Hi,

im abroad and and signed up to virgin and have everything else working (data) but i cant make or recieve calls. head is wrecked trying to fix it, its definately a problem with the phone as sim works in other phone. does anyone know what i can do or will i just contact vodaphone?

cheers

i gave this into the phoneshop here and they checked everything from their end and couldnt fix, have checked all the ual things on the phone also and cant ge tit working:(

I was going to suggest that maybe the phone is in "Flight Mode" but if that were the issue your Mobile Data wouldnt be working on it, so I dunno sorry

Advertisement