Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

madma wrote: »
    thanks for the replies i finally got this sorted and im delighted as was close to getting a new phone as no fixes worked!
    my last shot was to go back to phoneshop and get them to try every provider they had to see what worked.
    turns out there is one called Fido that does! virgin mobile didnt at all and no others as far as im aware. so now ive calls and texts and only thing is my internet is barely working and very slow so ill get that checked another time im just relieved i get to use this phone! i also had to switch to 3g/2g instead of 4g as 4g didnt work!
    Do you know what price your getting charged for calls/texts/data on fido?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Do you know what price your getting charged for calls/texts/data on fido?

Yeah 40 dollars per month which is unlimited texts including back home, 500 minutes and 500mb of data. Only problem im having is internet has been slow when off WiFi and on the data but ill pop into phone shop about it

I think you get Spotify premium for free also gonna check that out now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

madma wrote: »
    Yeah 40 dollars per month which is unlimited texts including back home, 500 minutes and 500mb of data. Only problem im having is internet has been slow when off WiFi and on the data but ill pop into phone shop about it

I think you get Spotify premium for free also gonna check that out now

6 months Spotify Premium free- however...... it comes out of your data allowance..........

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Please advise of a GOOD tempered glass screen protector THAT FITS please. Bough one from adverts which arrived broken and replacement was too short for exact fit, about 4 mm off. Any recommendations please ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Sasso wrote:
    Please advise of a GOOD tempered glass screen protector THAT FITS please. Bough one from adverts which arrived broken and replacement was too short for exact fit, about 4 mm off. Any recommendations please ?????

Would love an answer to this too having ordered two different ones from eBay that didn't actually fit the whole screen and one was cracked on arrival so I don't want to buy another until I know for sure it fits!

Was also looking for a dbrand kind of skin for the back but couldn't find anything similar to it :( I don't like cases on my phone they just make it look ugly but a skin that just adds some extra grip/style to the phone would be perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

very poor build quality on it, going to bring it back to Vodafone.

1. screen has developed a kind of a smudge on the outer part, running the entire circumference of the screen at its outer edge. only visible when screen turned off. screen protector on phone since day 1.

2. while browsing the internet, often the phone will just keep exiting chrome. have tried updating all apps, restarting numerous times, phone just keeps exiting out.

3. headphone jack is on its way out, headphones don't click into place anymore, jack pops out on its own sometimes and with headphones in, sometimes they have to be fiddled with to get rid of static from the jack. (new problem, not radio related, only play mp3s)

other than that its been great, but 6 months down the line and 3 major issues, im bringing this one back, see what they say. had a htc and galaxy s3 for years before, neither one had a single issue over their life cycles

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Sasso wrote: »

I have this one. Being honest, it's probably about 1mm smaller all-round but the case I use covers this negligent gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Cool, thanks for that. So next question, where you get case also please ??? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Sasso wrote: »
    Cool, thanks for that. So next question, where you get case also please ??? Thanks

From the link I posted... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads anyone know how to get the apn settings on 48?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Samsung galaxy?

The settings should be the same as any android.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Lads anyone know how to get the apn settings on 48?

I still couldn't get incoming MMS working using this settings on 48. It it working for others?

RainyDay wrote: »
    I still couldn't get incoming MMS working using this settings on 48. It it working for others?

I haven't used MMS in about 10 years sorry!

I haven't used MMS in about 10 years sorry!

Don't use it much myself- but people do send me a photo or two from time to time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Whats the battery and performance like on this phone folks?
    Can it be unlocked?

I need a new decent phone asap :(

Dcully wrote: »
    Whats the battery and performance like on this phone folks?
    Can it be unlocked?

I need a new decent phone asap :(

Can be unlocked on eBay for 3 euro.

I find the performance very good and the battery excellent!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

copeyhagen wrote: »
    very poor build quality on it, going to bring it back to Vodafone.

1. screen has developed a kind of a smudge on the outer part, running the entire circumference of the screen at its outer edge. only visible when screen turned off. screen protector on phone since day 1.

2. while browsing the internet, often the phone will just keep exiting chrome. have tried updating all apps, restarting numerous times, phone just keeps exiting out.

3. headphone jack is on its way out, headphones don't click into place anymore, jack pops out on its own sometimes and with headphones in, sometimes they have to be fiddled with to get rid of static from the jack. (new problem, not radio related, only play mp3s)

other than that its been great, but 6 months down the line and 3 major issues, im bringing this one back, see what they say. had a htc and galaxy s3 for years before, neither one had a single issue over their life cycles

mines gone back to vodafone now anyway, see if they can fix it. with the screen the way it is im guessing they will just replace the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

When buying unlock code from e bay and seller asks current network -I assume I put in Vodafone UK as I purchased in NI..??

• Advertisement

Butterball wrote: »
    When buying unlock code from e bay and seller asks current network -I assume I put in Vodafone UK as I purchased in NI..??

Yes

Could someone please tell me how to get rid of the "data roaming enabled" message? Driving me batty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Could someone please tell me how to get rid of the "data roaming enabled" message? Driving me batty!!

That dissapeared on mine once I updated the software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Does anyone have any information about an OTA Marshmallow update?

vectra wrote: »
    That dissapeared on mine once I updated the software.

Just noticed that now that you mentioned it - you're right!

Does anyone have any information about an OTA Marshmallow update?

There is none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

There is none.

Where's the source? Is there none currently or indefinitely?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Where's the source? Is there none currently or indefinitely?

None currently mentioned anywhere. There was somebody either here or on the Modaco forums who mentioned that they had seen/heard mention of a Marshmallow update (they worked in Vodafone), but couldn't confirm one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

what's the largest SD card people have used with the phone? I see places that say 64gb is the max but i also seen 128gb was the max?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I have a 64GB card, and there's no issues here.

Advertisement