Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

is it a Class 10 chip?

i was thinking of getting this
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDXC/SanDisk/Sandisk-128GB-Ultra-Micro-SD-%28SDXC%29-Card-80MB_s-UHS-I-Class-10-with-Adapter
    but not sure if the 128gb is supported

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

get £10 off this today on Amazon with BIGTHANKS @ checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Has anyone experienced call quality issues?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Murilotdb

I purchased this phone from Amazon.uk and I would like to return it since it does not work in the US. Has anyone returned this phone to Amazon? I unlocked mine...

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Murilotdb

I purchased this phone from Amazon.uk and I would like to return it since it does not work in the US. Has anyone returned this phone to Amazon? I unlocked mine...

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Murilotdb wrote: »

Thank you

Doubt they will accept that as a reason unless it specifically states on the website that it does work in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Murilotdb wrote: »

Thank you

It supports 2g bands
    GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

The US use
    GSM 850, GSM 1900

So what exactly do you mean it doesnt work? If you mean 3g or lte then this is possible because they use differing standards but this is not a fault with phone just you didn't bother researching.

Anyway you could probably lie to amazon and say its faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

The cornor of my phone has a crack on it. How it happened I don't know. Right on the back casing at the edge. I'm thinking of using a flexible glue to bond the plastic back together. Never had a phone split on me before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Dcully wrote: »
    Whats the battery and performance like on this phone folks?
    Can it be unlocked?

I need a new decent phone asap :(

Battery isn't great for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Battery isn't great for me :(

I could usually get a day amd a half out of it with reasonable usage. What does it say is using up all the battery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Battery is excellent on this phone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Battery isn't great for me

Before the latest update I had to charge this every night, since the update I can get two days out of it with 6hrs screen on time which is brilliant.. If you haven't already update or if you have, do a factory reset and see if that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ivegotafeeling

Has anyone else had problems using the standard mail app with their MS Exchange 2003 account. I have set up a few phones and they all have the error "Unfortunately, Exchange Services has stopped." I have ended up using gmail app as an alternative but I'd like to use the stock app if possible.

woodyg wrote: »
    what's the largest SD card people have used with the phone? I see places that say 64gb is the max but i also seen 128gb was the max?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but I ordered one of these phones and am just wondering if they will accept my existing micro SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The phone takes a nano SIM. You could cut your micro SIM (guides and templates online), or get it replaced by your network.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Need help also please,
    When I make call and press dial the screen goes off and I have to press on/off button to illuminate screen. It goes off immediately before I even put up to my ear. How do I adjust or control it please ? Can't find in user manual, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Sasso wrote: »
    Need help also please,
    When I make call and press dial the screen goes off and I have to press on/off button to illuminate screen. It goes off immediately before I even put up to my ear. How do I adjust or control it please ? Can't find in user manual, thanks

Do you have any screen protectors or other covers on the phone? Perhaps you're covering the proximity sensor up near the front facing camera?

And have you updated to the latest version of Android available (5.1)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Yes thanks, put screen protector on yesterday, . So what do I do now please ?

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

I remember I could send dropbox pics through whatsapp on my s3. I can't see it on this or being able to send instagram pics through whatsapp either. Is it possible?

Also how do I get it to save passwords?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Can anyone confirm that the 4G is working with this handset with Meteor.

Got mine this morning and unlocked it and have my meteor sim in but only get HSDPA, but with my iphone 6 plus I am getting 4G without issue ?

Got mine this morning and unlocked it and have my meteor sim in but only get HSDPA, but with my iphone 6 plus I am getting 4G without issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭robo

Yep got this for my Mam for Christmas & she is getting 4G on Meteor. Maybe check your plan is 4G?

robo wrote: »
    Yep got this for my Mam for Christmas & she is getting 4G on Meteor. Maybe check your plan is 4G?

Good to know thanks will do:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

A slight review of the phone.
    Ive had this now for about 2 weeks. I was slightly apprehensive about buying it as i was replacing a broken S4 and could have gotten another one 2nd hand for the price of the Ultra 6. I was thinking there must be a catch due to the price but i went with it on reading this thread and im glad i did.
    Im a heavy user and watch a lot of videos on the phone. The screen is very good and i havent noticed any lag in performance even when large power sagging apps are in use. One app im not allowed talk about here used to cause lag on my older s3, and a little on the s4 but its perfect on this.
    The camera is a bit of a let down when used indoors. Its not bad but not as good my prevus 2 galaxies.
    The battery is absolutely fantastic. I have yet to need to boost it during the day. Some days im up for work at 4 am, i might use it for 90/120 minutes of video and a bit of web browsing during the day and at worst its at 10/12% that night. I would have been long due a good charge on the s4 with similar use.
    There were slight things that annoyed me at the start but that was just due to it being different to the galaxy phones, a htc or a sony might have been the same.
    The back of the phone is cheap slippy plastic and would slide off whatever it was on easily. A cover which id have been buying anyway sorted that out.
    All in all im delighted with it. Id happily recommended it to anyone who needs a new phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Is anyone else having issues with call notification sounds? My handset will work fine but will randomly not ring, its like its on silent mode but silent mode not selected. Only solution is a reboot and all works fine until it happens again. This seems to be happening now on a daily basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ivegotafeeling

pissed wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with call notification sounds? My handset will work fine but will randomly not ring, its like its on silent mode but silent mode not selected. Only solution is a reboot and all works fine until it happens again. This seems to be happening now on a daily basis.

I have the same problem with mine. Only happens on weekdays and between 9-10. Only a restart gets the notification sounds back.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

I have the same problem with mine. Only happens on weekdays and between 9-10. Only a restart gets the notification sounds back.

It has happened to me once this week.. Only have the phone up and running since the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pago48

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Sold out online and all the stores in Dublin haven't checked the stores outside Dublin.
    115 sterling on amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Its a great phone, good camera, excellant battery stamina but I'm thinking of selling mine and going back to my faithful galaxy note now I got a battery for it, just so I get get some finances back, some big bills coming into the house at the moment I got to pay! Where would be a good place to try sell it without losing too much if I were to sell it? CEX would give a pittance, adverts.is is full of people wanting to give you rediculous offers on stuff or just time waste and not serious about buying and eBay charge commission, I suppose that leaves done deal I suppose. Anyone know of another good selling site or have an idea what price I should put it up for?

Advertisement