Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Its a great phone, good camera, excellant battery stamina but I'm thinking of selling mine and going back to my faithful galaxy note now I got a battery for it, just so I get get some finances back, some big bills coming into the house at the moment I got to pay! Where would be a good place to try sell it without losing too much if I were to sell it? CEX would give a pittance, adverts.is is full of people wanting to give you rediculous offers on stuff or just time waste and not serious about buying and eBay charge commission, I suppose that leaves done deal I suppose. Anyone know of another good selling site or have an idea what price I should put it up for?

I'd have to wonder if it makes any sense at all selling. These phones are cheap to buy brand new (150€ on amazon + unlock). So you might get 100 for it, which I'm not sure will go very far in terms of bills etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

How do you delete the vodafone message plus app?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Pangea wrote: »
    How do you delete the vodafone message plus app?

Can't uninstall it without root access if I remember correctly, you can disable it though and set another app as your default messaging app.

Few Qs

How do you get rid of the vodafone bloatware?
    Is there any way to have app list in order by most used?

Im also having trouble at the moment setting up my eircom email with email app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Its a great phone, good camera, excellant battery stamina but I'm thinking of selling mine and going back to my faithful galaxy note now I got a battery for it, just so I get get some finances back, some big bills coming into the house at the moment I got to pay! Where would be a good place to try sell it without losing too much if I were to sell it? CEX would give a pittance, adverts.is is full of people wanting to give you rediculous offers on stuff or just time waste and not serious about buying and eBay charge commission, I suppose that leaves done deal I suppose. Anyone know of another good selling site or have an idea what price I should put it up for?

Looking to pick this phone up soon. Let me know how much u selling for ;)

• Advertisement

Few Qs

How do you get rid of the vodafone bloatware?
    Is there any way to have app list in order by most used?

Im also having trouble at the moment setting up my eircom email with email app.

You can disable the vodafone apps. Go into settings/Apps and find the apps you dont want any more, and just click on them and hit disable.

I use Nova launcher which has features to keep your most used apps at the top of the app drawer list. However, you should just put them on your desktop tbh...

You can disable the vodafone apps. Go into settings/Apps and find the apps you dont want any more, and just click on them and hit disable.

I use Nova launcher which has features to keep your most used apps at the top of the app drawer list. However, you should just put them on your desktop tbh...

Great thanks for that.

Is there a way of getting apps to install to SD by default?

Which sms app does everyone use here? the Blue Messenger or the green message app? Bit odd that theres two.
    Three if you include the vodafone one.

Which sms app does everyone use here? the Blue Messenger or the green message app? Bit odd that theres two.

I use messenger. I don't like the green, hangouts app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Any way of getting an unlock code without a PayPal acc?

• Advertisement

eman66 wrote: »
    Any way of getting an unlock code without a PayPal acc?

Give a mate with a PayPal account €3! Or try your local Chinese phone shop but you'll pay more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

I got this phone today in the post. It's little use to me until I get a nano sim, which will be a couple of days arriving from 48go. It's a crap situation as my old phone is broken and now I am un-contactable.

By the way, does anyone know the best way of opening the sim tray on these without doing any damage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

I got this phone today in the post. It's little use to me until I get a nano sim, which will be a couple of days arriving from 48go. It's a crap situation as my old phone is broken and now I am un-contactable.

By the way, does anyone know the best way of opening the sim tray on these without doing any damage?

Theres a pin tool in the box to open it. Nano is easy enough to cut with a decent scissors, scalpel or stanley knife. Plenty of templates online. its roughly 9mm x 12mm if you cut it too large you can sand off the last few tenths of a milimeter. http://www.gosoftworks.com/GoSoftWorks/NanoSIM_files/nanosima4.pdf

I also purchased the unlock code that was given in the initial post on this thread. Does this only arrive during normal working hours into your message box?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I use handcent, (well its called Next SMS now on play) with the SGS3 skin - great app, and can have repeating notifications amongst other features - much better than supplied stock app

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

i cut up my sim card with a pair of scissors to nano, but now im thinking of selling my smart ultra 6 - I got a battery for my old samsung galaxy note .... so then had to get an adaptor from nano to mini sim so I could use the cut up sim to use in my galaxy note phone - I wish all phones would keep the same blasted SIM size especially these bigger phones why do they need a bleeding nano sim if they are a big size phone anyway? - its not as though the phone isnt big enough to take a standard size SIM !

Managed to cut my SIM to shape perfectly and phone is up and running, so thanks everyone. Just one or two more questions; firstly, how do you edit APN settings to enable your data?

Also, the phone informed me that I am 'roaming' and I am wondering is there something I need to do to change this?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I use handcent, (well its called Next SMS now on play) with the SGS3 skin - great app, and can have repeating notifications amongst other features - much better than supplied stock app

I used to be a big handcent fan but it just became increasingly slow and bloated with each update :( These days I'm using Textra

While it doesn't have all the same features it's much faster and worth the few quid (IMO) to get rid of the ads if you stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

I had this problem a few months ago but it disappeared of its own volition, unfortunately it's back now.
    It happens when bluetooth is active (and not necessarily when it's connected to any paired device) and is especially annoying when connected via bluetooth. Firstly I get the following message;

Unfortunately, the process
    com.android.bluetooth has stopped

If I ignore the message, bluetooth connectivity will continue for a short while but eventually disconnects & then reconnects.
    If I "OK" the message, bluetooth disconnects immediately and then reconnects.

This could happen every 10-15 seconds.

Anyone heard of this?

I've restored the phone but it keeps happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

I had this problem a few months ago but it disappeared of its own volition, unfortunately it's back now.
    It happens when bluetooth is active (and not necessarily when it's connected to any paired device) and is especially annoying when connected via bluetooth. Firstly I get the following message;

Unfortunately, the process
    com.android.bluetooth has stopped

If I ignore the message, bluetooth connectivity will continue for a short while but eventually disconnects & then reconnects.
    If I "OK" the message, bluetooth disconnects immediately and then reconnects.

This could happen every 10-15 seconds.

Anyone heard of this?

I've restored the phone but it keeps happening.

Edit: BTW, I'm using the phone as purchased, i.e. no ROM mods etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Chomp SMS all the way!

Got this phone for my father but We have noticed that some people arent geting his text messages, and it says delivered on the message too. Contacted vodafone and they resetted his sms profile, but it happened again today.
    Im beginning to think its something to do with the phone?

Got this phone for my father but he noticed that some people arent getting his text messages, and it says delivered on the message too. Contacted vodafone and they resetted his sms profile, but it happened again today.

Got this phone for my father but he noticed that some people arent getting his text messages, and it says delivered on the message too. Contacted vodafone and they resetted his sms profile, but it happened again today.

Get him to try using a different SMS app, see if it's related to that

Basil3 wrote: »

Thanks I have a feeling this might be the cause He enabled the Vodafone plus app a week or two, but I have since disabled it incase that was the cause and I disabled the green SMS app, using the messenger the past few days but same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Im gonna be relieving myself of this phone soon. I've taken an interest in my oneplus 2 now so I'll have my ultra on adverts soon. I'll put a heads up here first before I advertise it incase anyone is interested. I'd probably take €100 for it and its unlocked.

Basil3 wrote: »

Now that I think of it when we he started using vodafone messenger plus app some text messages were going into that app, and not into the other sms apps. Im sure the problem lies here somewhere.

Now that I think of it when we he started using vodafone messenger plus app some text messages were going into that app, and not into the other sms apps. Im sure the problem lies here somewhere.

Well that would be because they will only go into whatever your default app is.

Have him try google messenger as the default sms app in case its anything hangouts related. Are the people that are not getting messages from him on a different network?Is it intermittent? Are they getting some messages from him?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Well that would be because they will only go into whatever your default app is.

Have him try google messenger as the default sms app in case its anything hangouts related. Are the people that are not getting messages from him on a different network?Is it intermittent? Are they getting some messages from him?

Yes its the messenger he has been using the past few days, didnt realise it was a google app. He sent a text this morning to a fellow vodafone number was not recieved by the reciever, it seems to be intermittent, as a few texts later on were recieved ok. So yes they are getting some messages from him.

Google hangouts? Just had a look and signed out of that, didnt realise it was running.

• Advertisement

Yes its the messenger he has been using the past few days, didnt realise it was a google app. He sent a text this morning to a fellow vodafone number was not recieved by the reciever, it seems to be intermittent, as a few texts later on were recieved ok. So yes they are getting some messages from him.

Google hangouts? Just had a look and signed out of that, didnt realise it was running.

Is data roaming on?

Advertisement