Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Is data roaming on?

No, its off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Pangea wrote: »
    No, its off

That's possibly your problem. It should be on , when some messages were sent he may not have had signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

What's the best SD card to get for this phone?

zweton wrote: »
    What's the best SD card to get for this phone?

Any micro SD card will though. The higher the class the better the speeds but even a class 4 will work just fine. Anything up to 128gb is confirmed working also. Have a search on Amazon.co.uk. Argos also have good deals from time to time.

What class do they go up to?

• Advertisement

zweton wrote: »
    What class do they go up to?

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Question on the sound notifications.

If I select none, that means nothing will ring, no alarms or anything?

If I select priority the alarm will ring but everything else will not ring correct?

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

If I select priority the alarm will ring but everything else will not ring correct?

Alarms should work for both, although you can disable for none if you choose.

For priority, you allow certain exceptions, such as phone calls/texts from the mistress.

That's possibly your problem. It should be on , when some messages were sent he may not have had signal.
    Sorry but why would he need roaming for sending a message in this country? Yes the coverage in the house is bad.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

did you have any problems rooting the VFSU6, and afterwards?

Hitchens wrote: »
    did you have any problems rooting the VFSU6, and afterwards?

Was very straight forward, I used the wondershare mobilego windows program. One click and it was done. Seems some/all the newer su6's are locked down more and are not so easy to root though so its not guaranteed to work for you. No harm in trying it though, the worst thing that can happen is it'll say it has failed.

sugarman wrote: »
    Because if you lose coverage on your own network, it needs to roam onto another.

It's its turned off, you'll just have no coverage at all and you won't be able to send/receive calls/texts.

Thanks for explaining, makes sense, but I always assumed that if you were out of coverage any message that was sent to you would eventually come through upon gaining signal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

FrostyJim wrote:
    Was very straight forward, I used the wondershare mobilego windows program. One click and it was done. Seems some/all the newer su6's are locked down more and are not so easy to root though so its not guaranteed to work for you. No harm in trying it though, the worst thing that can happen is it'll say it has failed.

I noticed an OEM Unlocking option in the developer options after the 5.1 update, would this making rooting easier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Possibly a newer iteration of the ultra 6 in testing. May be of interest to some.

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/376833-su6-successor/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Possibly a newer iteration of the ultra 6 in testing. May be of interest to some.

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/376833-su6-successor/

A Snapdragon 652?

giphy.gif

corwill wrote: »
    A Snapdragon 652?

giphy.gif

If it turns out to have a 652 then it will blow the ultra 6 out the door. Pitty there hasn't been any real interest in custom ROMs for the ultra 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chippy9753

pissed wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with call notification sounds? My handset will work fine but will randomly not ring, its like its on silent mode but silent mode not selected. Only solution is a reboot and all works fine until it happens again. This seems to be happening now on a daily basis.

yes im having the same issues??anyone solve this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

chippy9753 wrote: »

me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Going onto silent mode while people are ringing for me to for the last month, missed loads of calls, odd since I never updated any software, any theories?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Going onto silent mode while people are ringing for me to for the last month, missed loads of calls, odd since I never updated any software, any theories?

Update the software

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

...but now im thinking of selling my smart ultra 6...

Out of interest (if I'm allowed to ask), have you decided?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Out of interest (if I'm allowed to ask), have you decided?

No, i keep too'ing and fro'ing - cant make up me mind , really like it, best phone I have ever had and I keep thinking if i sell it i bet a week later I will regret selling it cause thats what im like - but in the real world i should sell it and go back to me old phone because i got some bills to pay off it being winter an all. - sorry if that dont answer the question :(

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

No, i keep too'ing and fro'ing - cant make up me mind , really like it, best phone I have ever had and I keep thinking if i sell it i bet a week later I will regret selling it cause thats what im like - but in the real world i should sell it and go back to me old phone because i got some bills to pay off it being winter an all. - sorry if that dont answer the question :(

:D That'll do ;)
    I'll probably just go the "brand new" route - the wife is starting to take a shine to my SU6 so might just get her a new one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Just wondering if anyone know if there is an option in settings to disable an issue I have with vibrate. All of a sudden I have vibrate when I get an incoming phone call when I receive an Email and when I slide the volume across to none. Never had thus happen before and everything with vibrate in settings is turned to off.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ivegotafeeling

chippy9753 wrote: »

It seems to happen after the phone has been connected to Bluetooth in the car.

Can you pinpoint it to a certain time?

Got an online quote from fonfix of €160 to replace the back cover on my ultra 6 which has a hairline crack on the cornor. The phone cost me €169 new.. The quote system says no matter how big or small the repair is its gonna cost €160. Not exactly worth it. Anyone direct me to somewhere online where I could buy a new back cover? Any zte links or even a cover from a ZTE blade I think might snap on the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

has anyone manged to find a fix for the constant "roaming" on non Vodafone SIMs ?

Advertisement