Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Rockin wrote: »
    has anyone manged to find a fix for the constant "roaming" on non Vodafone SIMs ?

Upgrade to 5.1.1. Message goes away.

Got an online quote from fonfix of €160 to replace the back cover on my ultra 6 which has a hairline crack on the cornor. The phone cost me €169 new.. The quote system says no matter how big or small the repair is its gonna cost €160. Not exactly worth it. Anyone direct me to somewhere online where I could buy a new back cover? Any zte links or even a cover from a ZTE blade I think might snap on the back.

Problem is the back cover would not be easy to take off. That said it is possible as there is a teardown video of it here. My phone has also got these cracks in both the bottom corners and I have a cover on mine since about a week after I got mine back in August. I think you're better off just buying a cover rather than trying to replace the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

Can anyone post a detailed description of how to root this phone please?

Can anyone post a detailed description of how to root this phone please?

Try wondershare mobilego first.You download and install it on your pc, connect up your phone and press one click root. The rest is done for you. If this doesn't work then go over to modaco.com, they have plenty of guides on how to root this phone. You may have a system protected version which is more tricky to root but the modaco people have figured out a way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

Thanks...yeah I tried the wondershare mobilego but it didn't work. Will try the modaco crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

My SU6 had it's first hiccup this morning, after around 6 months. I went to bed and left my phone on as usual, I think it had 70% battery. Went to check it in the morning, and it was dead. I thought it was strange, as I've never seen that kind of power consumption. Plugged it into the charger and noticed that the charging light (blue circle) didn't illuminate. Had to leave for work, so started charging again when I got to work, and eventually I noticed the blue light was on. I proceeded to boot the device and it was sitting there with a full battery. I had only charged for 40 minutes or so, so it wasn't that it was dead.

Hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Murilotdb

I had to return my phone because I'll be moving to the US. I have a brand new / never used case+tempered glass for sale in case someone is interested... Contact me via pm

Lads I bought the phone unlocked off a boardsie for my brother. He's just after showing it to me and there's a Vodafone alert complaining about the fact there's a non Vodafone sim in it!!! He can still use the mobile broadband but it's not allowing him to make a call.

The only thing I can think of is that I updated the system software over the last weekend! Do I have to pay for a new unlock code and will have to do so everytime I upgrade the system software?

Thanks! :)

Lads I bought the phone unlocked off a boardsie for my brother. He's just after showing it to me and there's a Vodafone alert complaining about the fact there's a non Vodafone sim in it!!! He can still use the mobile broadband but it's not allowing him to make a call.

The only thing I can think of is that I updated the system software over the last weekend! Do I have to pay for a new unlock code and will have to do so everytime I upgrade the system software?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

He needs to disable the call+ app and all will be good.

• Advertisement

Hurray!! Thank you !! :D Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

Ive noticed that some phone numbers i store wont stay in the memory! Ive put one number in 5/6 times and all looks ok. Everytime i get a call or text from them it shows the number and the contact has disappeared! Its hapened with a few numbers and their not stored twice.
    Any ideas, its wrecking my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

The microphone in mine has got really muffled - or at least it has for ordinary calls. Any ideas what to do? I tried poking around it with a pin to clean it. Hope I didn't make it worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

getting a huge battery drain last few days from cell standby. anybody else getting this, what Can I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

valor wrote: »
    getting a huge battery drain last few days from cell standby. anybody else getting this, what Can I do?
    perhaps try a factory reset?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I set an alarm a couple of days ago. - Pressed Priority (it said in the menu that alarm always rings on priority) ... and it didnt go off!! - luckily my body clock woke me up instead. But anyone else had problems setting the alarm on this phone.

Now, I did disable events and reminders (because I didnt want calender message waking me up) and i disabled calls and messages (because I didnt want calls and messages waking me up) but it said in the menu 'Alarms are always priority interruption' - so I thought the alarm would go off regardless, and I did have 'Priority Only' underneath 'Interruptions allowed - so i wonder why the alarm never went off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I just dropped my phone:mad: and my screen is cracked. Anyone have an idea of how much they cost to fix? Thanks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

lolli wrote: »
    I just dropped my phone:mad: and my screen is cracked. Anyone have an idea of how much they cost to fix? Thanks :(

As much as the phone costs unfortunately: 74JofQ8.png

Unless it's just the digitizer and not the screen: http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Black-Touch-Display-Screen-Digitizer-Free-Tool-For-Vodafone-Smart-Prime-6-New-/111844963243?hash=item1a0a7ab3ab:g:gygAAOSwnipWZtCv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Thanks for that, I even have a cover on it and it still broke!

lolli wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I even have a cover on it and it still broke!

Sorry to hear! If you're worried about smashing your screen I guess you'd need one of those wallet covers that truly covers the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I think these phones have really poor quality casings, mine has developed a second crack on the cornor of the back part. Never dropped it once and can't find a replacement back cover online for it unfortunately. ZTE themselves don't seem to sell replacement bits for this phone directly to the customer either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My phone has a crack running across the top of page. Have no idea how it happened, I pulled it out of my pocket one day and there was crack. Never dropped it or anything. The glass on front is fine too...

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭A Law

Battery life has hit a serious decline on mine. Have to charge it during the day now whereas it would be half full going to bed initially. Haven't increased my use. Anyone experiencing the same?

Battery life has hit a serious decline on mine. Have to charge it during the day now whereas it would be half full going to bed initially. Haven't increased my use. Anyone experiencing the same?

No, not at all, still get a ridiculous battery life out of mine. Have you checked your battery consumption in the settings menu? It'll probably show some crappy app (facebook!) that is sucking it dry.

Email showing at 22%, screen at 12%, OS at 10% and all the rest under 5%. Don't use email much but presume it runs in the background checking for mail which I kinda need...

Email showing at 22%, screen at 12%, OS at 10% and all the rest under 5%. Don't use email much but presume it runs in the background checking for mail which I kinda need...

Are any of the accounts failing to sync at all? If so it can keep trying and drain the hell out of your battery.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Are any of the accounts failing to sync at all? If so it can keep trying and drain the hell out of your battery.

I think youre onto something. Its a yahoo account and its been stuck on "syncing now" for at least 5 minutes whereas google account last synced 10 minutes ago. I have it set to sync every 15 minutes.

I think youre onto something. Its a yahoo account and its been stuck on "syncing now" for at least 5 minutes whereas google account last synced 10 minutes ago. I have it set to sync every 15 minutes.

Remove and add it again. If it syncs your sucking diesel, if not you better check your settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,974 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah, happened me, turned out to be a rogue app rte now. Run a check to if it's the same.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Fair play lads, better than any phoneshop!

Advertisement