Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Nollog

ASDA up North have all the vodafone X 6 series "rolled back". The ultra is £99

Just in case anyone's planing a trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭MENACE2010

valor wrote: »
    getting a huge battery drain last few days from cell standby. anybody else getting this, what Can I do?

okay , couple of things you need to check

- make sure GPS is off at all times unless you use it for running or navigation
    - make sure that WIFI is off while sleeping ( the phone not the owner) ( under settings , click on wifi, click on the three dots in the top left) and uncheck that
    - try to use 3G instead of 4G ... i know it helps ..

Viber is another nasty one ,

go to settings > general > WiFi sleep policy , make sure to select use device settings .. otherwise regardless of your WiFi setting Viber will leave your WiFi on.

Some apps are very poor in power management ,

Facebook is another battery munch-er.. try to uninstall Facebook app and use google chrome web-browser.. works the same no real change but people report 23% of battery savings. .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

MENACE2010 wrote: »
    okay , couple of things you need to check

- make sure GPS is off at all times unless you use it for running or navigation
    - make sure that WIFI is off while sleeping ( the phone not the owner) ( under settings , click on wifi, click on the three dots in the top left) and uncheck that
    - try to use 3G instead of 4G ... i know it helps ..

Viber is another nasty one ,

go to settings > general > WiFi sleep policy , make sure to select use device settings .. otherwise regardless of your WiFi setting Viber will leave your WiFi on.

Some apps are very poor in power management ,

Facebook is another battery munch-er.. try to uninstall Facebook app and use google chrome web-browser.. works the same no real change but people report 23% of battery savings. .

Have you tried the Greenify app?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

pissed wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with call notification sounds? My handset will work fine but will randomly not ring, its like its on silent mode but silent mode not selected. Only solution is a reboot and all works fine until it happens again. This seems to be happening now on a daily basis.

I am having the same problem,and 3 of my friends have the same phone and the same happens to them. We think it might have something to do about connecting to bluetooth in the car.We cant be the only group its happening too.Some of you clever people must have found a fix for this.All the phones are fully updated.Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Mine does the same on car Bluetooth randomly, its very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

clickhere wrote: »
    I am having the same problem,and 3 of my friends have the same phone and the same happens to them. We think it might have something to do about connecting to bluetooth in the car.We cant be the only group its happening too.Some of you clever people must have found a fix for this.All the phones are fully updated.Thank you.

I'd try a factory reset when niggled like that creep in.
    If they doesn't fix it then it could be a bug in the system. It might even be a bug in your version of android.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

biebiebie wrote: »
    I'd try a factory reset when niggled like that creep in.
    If they doesn't fix it then it could be a bug in the system. It might even be a bug in your version of android.

Thanks for the reply, all the phones were bought at different times. 2 months to eight months old. We have just updated the version of Android when the updates came out. Has anyone had the problem and sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Anyone know if amazon.co.uk is the cheapest (GB£115) place to buy the SU6 now?

Anyone know if amazon.co.uk is the cheapest (GB£115) place to buy the SU6 now?

ASDA are selling them for £99
    http://groceries.asda.com/product/vodafone-payg-mobiles/smart-ultra-6-vodafone/910002056613
    You'd have to go to a store though.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    http://groceries.asda.com/product/vodafone-payg-mobiles/smart-ultra-6-vodafone/910002056613

Actually the description in that link shows the "Vodafone Smart Prime 6" - strange!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

/\/ollog wrote: »

Wow, seriously good price. In UK next month, will pick one up if I spot one.

Actually the description in that link shows the "Vodafone Smart Prime 6" - strange!

I was in Strabane 2 days ago, that link is just from googling the phone.
    The phone in the link looked similar, smaller though, so I linked it.

All the vodafone smart phones are rolled back.
    The babbby one that was 20 or 15 on amazon a week ago is either 19 or 15 pounds, and there was 1 or 2 other models in between the ultra.
    I paid attention because I've been humming and hawing at getting it myself. :p

Ah OK. Now to find a relative/friend who's heading up that direction...

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

I'm possibly soon getting a new phone due to issues with my current WP phone which I've mentioned elsewhere. The Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 is one of the phones on the shortlist (I'm also considering a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime & a Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen)

I'm currently a Meteor customer & I don't want to change to Vodafone, I've read that it's possible to get the phone unlocked cheaply but Vodafone have said that doing that will void the 2 year warranty. Anyway to the question, is the Smart Ultra 6 sim locked to the Vodafone network or will my meteor sim work in it without getting the phone unlocked ?

Alfie1 wrote: »
    I'm possibly soon getting a new phone due to issues with my current WP phone which I've mentioned elsewhere. The Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 is one of the phones on the shortlist (I'm also considering a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime & a Motorola Moto G 3rd Gen)

I'm currently a Meteor customer & I don't want to change to Vodafone, I've read that it's possible to get the phone unlocked cheaply but Vodafone have said that doing that will void the 2 year warranty. Anyway to the question, is the Smart Ultra 6 sim locked to the Vodafone network or will my meteor sim work in it without getting the phone unlocked ?

its locked to vodafone.. your meteor sim will not work unless you get the unlock number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

its locked to vodafone.. your meteor sim will not work unless you get the unlock number.

Which costs less than €4. Unlocking by code doesn't void anything.

Thanks for confirming what I thought.

Techmaster wrote: »
    Which costs less than €4. Unlocking by code doesn't void anything.

I asked that question in 2 Vodafone stores & a Carphone Warehouse store, all 3 told me unlocking it voids the warranty.

Hi
    Warranty is a fickle thing, its very limited . go ahead unlock it .. if done right nothing happens to the phone . .it only starts to work with your SIM. One note though I had given the same phone to in-law and once we inserted and unlocked it it was initially a bit temperamental .. the dialler ( the app you use to make calls ) was moaning that it only would work for vodafone network but after a while that disappeared.

have fun with it .. its a great phone .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Hi
    Warranty is a fickle thing, its very limited . go ahead unlock it .. if done right nothing happens to the phone . .it only starts to work with your SIM. One note though I had given the same phone to in-law and once we inserted and unlocked it it was initially a bit temperamental .. the dialler ( the app you use to make calls ) was moaning that it only would work for vodafone network but after a while that disappeared.

have fun with it .. its a great phone .

thats the vodafone "Calls+" app....its terrible....just remove it

• Advertisement

Alfie1 wrote: »
    I asked that question in 2 Vodafone stores & a Carphone Warehouse store, all 3 told me unlocking it voids the warranty.

Unlocking the bootloader would 'supposedly' void warranty in most cases, but there's no way sim unlocking would void warranty.

I know plenty of occasions where people have still had warranty repairs or replacements with unlocked bootloader/rooted devices. Not this particular device, but other androids in general.

Also, with Vodafone, you can request 2 sim unlocking codes a year through their website (something like that anyway). It's an automated process for most devices, and there's no chance doing this would affect warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

This phone un-locks so fricking easy. I'd say it'd nearly un-lock if ya had it in pocket or bag. Is there any way around that? And then it's difficult to un-lock the bloody thing when ya actually need to un-lock it to go to use it! Typical. :/

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Is there a way to see the battery % all the time? Sometimes it shows when I pull down the ribbon and sometimes it doesn't.

Also is the only possibly screenshot button the volume and on/off button. Really hard to take a screenshot when they're so close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is there a way to see the battery % all the time? Sometimes it shows when I pull down the ribbon and sometimes it doesn't.

Also is the only possibly screenshot button the volume and on/off button. Really hard to take a screenshot when they're so close together.

Battery percentage enabler from the app store will solve the battery request. Or if you root you can have it like below

The screenshot is vol down and power but it can be tricky. I prefer having screenshot in the power menu. You can only do this though if you have rooted your phone.

mA2mYFG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

Had an issue with mine draining credit all of a sudden. I had E40 a week ago, noticed it down to E27 a few days later, then E18 and then gone. Most people i call are vodafone and im on free V-V calls and texts so i knew something was up.
    Contacted Vodafone who said it was cos i was using it for mobile tethering, which I wasn't.
    Turns out it was cos of a setting that the phone somehow switched onto by itself. They got me to change it over the phone and gave me my credit back.
    Just in case its happening anyone else, go to
    Settings,
    More,
    Mobile Networks,
    Access Point Names
    It should be on live.vodafone.com

Mine was on
    hs.vodafone.ie
    and that was the problem. I definatly didnt switch it myself. They told me check it every day for a week to ensure it doesnt switch over itself again.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

I keep getting emergency calls only.my sim card is in and I have to turn off and on just to get a reception,I'm with 3

Anyone have the same problem?

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    I keep getting emergency calls only.my sim card is in and I have to turn off and on just to get a reception,I'm with 3

Anyone have the same problem?

Have you got data roaming swtiched off maybe?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Have you got data roaming swtiched off maybe?

No its turned on

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    No its turned on

Go to:

App drawer - Settings- More - Mobile networks

Make sure Preferred network mode is set to 4g/3g/2g,

then go to Network operators and let it do a scan. When it finishes the scan press choose automatically.

If you had previosly selected 3 IRL it may not be falling back onto the o2 part of the network where 3IRL coverage is patchy. While they are now the same company as far as your phone is concerned they are still separate.

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Go to:

App drawer - Settings- More - Mobile networks

Make sure Preferred network mode is set to 4g/3g/2g,

then go to Network operators and let it do a scan. When it finishes the scan press choose automatically.

If you had previosly selected 3 IRL it may not be falling back onto the o2 part of the network where 3IRL coverage is patchy. While they are now the same company as far as your phone is concerned they are still separate.

Ye I had that done already,I did notice before that it would switch between 3 and O2 before it lost connection until inturned off and on again

Advertisement