Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

mr170 wrote: »
    Any sign of android marshmallow for the smart ultra 6

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Has anyone succesfully got their eircom webmail setup with the email app on this phone?
    I cant get it working at all. I have tried the settings I found on eir website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Perhaps Marshmallow will come on an updated model.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Pangea wrote: »
    Has anyone succesfully got their eircom webmail setup with the email app on this phone?
    I cant get it working at all. I have tried the settings I found on eir website.

The time has come to move to Gmail. Good god I wish people would stop bothering with eircom mail!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

The time has come to move to Gmail. Good god I wish people would stop bothering with eircom mail!

Haha - I still have my gofree.indigo email address up and running, I think it was originally iol.free. How long ago was that - I must have set it up in the 90's lol :D

• Advertisement

bigmick1 wrote: »
    Phone keeps changing song while exercising, any idea how to stop this? Tried locking the phone to no avail

you havent got one of those music apps installed that you shake phone to go to next track have ye? - try also a free app called Pocket screen lock by golden pie devs on the play store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I'd say 100% no chance, your granny will win the Olympics before an official version comes out for this. Its a cheap phone and that's the way it is. But it is a nice device all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

bigmick1 wrote: »
    Phone keeps changing song while exercising, any idea how to stop this? Tried locking the phone to no avail

Are you using Google music?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Haha - I still have my gofree.indigo email address up and running, I think it was originally iol.free. How long ago was that - I must have set it up in the 90's lol :D

iolfree.ie...pfft newbie!

I have my old iol.ie address :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bigmick1

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Are you using Google music?

No using spotify. Started to change song while walking around too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Lol yeah, well it's my father's actually. Couldn't bare to use it myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

Why can't I tether with this phone? I put it on and the other device shows a connection but it just will not work, Ive tried different devices and checked all the settings I could but no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

ceecee14 wrote: »
    Why can't I tether with this phone? I put it on and the other device shows a connection but it just will not work, Ive tried different devices and checked all the settings I could but no joy

I regularly tether no problem. Sorry no help but at least I can guarantee it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

ceecee14 wrote:

Yes, this is no help to you but I regularly tether with this phone too...
    As soon as I enter the password on the other device, the connection works perfectly...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

ceecee14 wrote:

Try renaming the Network name and change the password to something else and reboot the phone, it worked for me on the older firmware when mine wouldn't connect once.
    If that doesn't work you might have to factory reset the phone and see if it's just a software glitch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

ezra_pound wrote:
    I regularly tether no problem. Sorry no help but at least I can guarantee it should work.

Yes, this is no help to you but I regularly tether with this phone too... As soon as I enter the password on the other device, the connection works perfectly...

DanC90 wrote:
    Try renaming the Network name and change the password to something else and reboot the phone, it worked for me on the older firmware when mine wouldn't connect once. If that doesn't work you might have to factory reset the phone and see if it's just a software glitch.

Cheers lads. Is that working for ye on the Vodafone network, maybe that's the problem.

I've changed the password, factory reset ect, I've done everything I could find on the web but it still won't work. So annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

ceecee14 wrote:
    Cheers lads. Is that working for ye on the Vodafone network, maybe that's the problem.

Yes, Vodafone for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

ceecee14 wrote:

I'm using Meteor and its working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Had the same problem before and thought it was something I had broke when installing xposed/rooting. I reflashed the original ROM and it still wasn't working so I managed to fix it back then by installing pdanet from the playstore and just switching on tether via the app once. It then worked even after I uninstalled the app. Fast forward to 5.1.1, I updated and tether had broken again but the above would not fix it.

As far as i remember i ended up using this guide and got it back.

https://pmf.silvrback.com/fixing-tethering-on-android-kitkat

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭carr62

Hi, I'm really keen to buy the smart ultra prime 6 and hopefully get it unlocked. I've one big problem though. I seem to have a problem with letting phones fall, so I really want to get a decent case for this. Can anyone recommonend one please? Also, from what I've seen on line, a lot of the tempered glass screen protectors seem to fall short and not cover the whole screen. I'd be really grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of a good quality case and glass screen protector. I've just made mincemeat out of my Samsung s4 by dropping it on to the kitchen floor tiles so I don't want the this phone to end up the same way! Thanks for reading!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

carr62 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm really keen to buy the smart ultra prime 6 and hopefully get it unlocked. I've one big problem though. I seem to have a problem with letting phones fall, so I really want to get a decent case for this. Can anyone recommonend one please? Also, from what I've seen on line, a lot of the tempered glass screen protectors seem to fall short and not cover the whole screen. I'd be really grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of a good quality case and glass screen protector. I've just made mincemeat out of my Samsung s4 by dropping it on to the kitchen floor tiles so I don't want the this phone to end up the same way! Thanks for reading!

Got this last week and very happy with it so far. http://www.ebay.ie/itm/351511549677?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's a slippy phone so unfortunatly it's easier to drop than other ones

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭mikekerry

hi,
    My front notification light does not work.
    This is a known bug from doing a google restore
    but I still can't find a fix for it ( I tried some notification light widgets but most of these seem to be for the back light notification not the front flashing light.)
    Anyone had this problem?

My SMU6 has picked up a terrible battery drain from Google Play services. I don't know what's doing it. But it has equal or more battery drain than the screen. Even when I'm force stopping the service it still manages to eat my battery. I might have to reinstall....hmmmm I'm just wondering how smooth a reinstall would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

My SMU6 has picked up a terrible battery drain from Google Play services. I don't know what's doing it. But it has equal or more battery drain than the screen. Even when I'm force stopping the service it still manages to eat my battery. I might have to reinstall....hmmmm I'm just wondering how smooth a reinstall would be.
    Sounds like a dodgy app activating Google services, have you any fitness app installed? Sometimes these work in the background and Suck battery life.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Would be helpful if someone actually answered the question rather than criticise who the person is with. We are not all technology/IT whizz kids and there may be a valid reason why someone don't want to change to Gmail.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Sounds like a dodgy app activating Google services, have you any fitness app installed? Sometimes these work in the background and Suck battery life.

I got a MiBand activity tracker which could be the cause, although it doesn't come up in the list of battery draining apps. I'll check and see if it was syncing with google or not! Cheers for the help
    Trish56 wrote: »
    Would be helpful if someone actually answered the question rather than criticise who the person is with. We are not all technology/IT whizz kids and there may be a valid reason why someone don't want to change to Gmail.

I was being dead serious with my advice. As a wizz kid. You or anyone you know should make the move away from Eircom and go to Gmail(Or other mail providers). It's not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

I've changed the password, factory reset ect, I've done everything I could find on the web but it still won't work. So annoying

I'm tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

mikekerry wrote: »
    hi,
    My front notification light does not work.
    This is a known bug from doing a google restore
    but I still can't find a fix for it ( I tried some notification light widgets but most of these seem to be for the back light notification not the front flashing light.)
    Anyone had this problem?

I've seen a fix posted for this. Think it's in the bargain alerts thread. Search that thread and hopefully you'll find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

I set an alarm a couple of days ago. - Pressed Priority (it said in the menu that alarm always rings on priority) ... and it didnt go off!! - luckily my body clock woke me up instead. But anyone else had problems setting the alarm on this phone.

Now, I did disable events and reminders (because I didnt want calender message waking me up) and i disabled calls and messages (because I didnt want calls and messages waking me up) but it said in the menu 'Alarms are always priority interruption' - so I thought the alarm would go off regardless, and I did have 'Priority Only' underneath 'Interruptions allowed - so i wonder why the alarm never went off?

Have a try of an app called Timely.

• Advertisement

Have a try of an app called Timely.

Thanks for that, just tried it and it even sounded in the silent mode. Only thing is that it takes the phone out of silent mode and don't go back to silent automatically after the alarm has gone off. But it does what I wanted, thanks.

Advertisement