Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

mikekerry wrote:
    hi, My front notification light does not work. This is a known bug from doing a google restore but I still can't find a fix for it ( I tried some notification light widgets but most of these seem to be for the back light notification not the front flashing light.) Anyone had this problem?

Yes the app you need is called moto g notification led or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭mikekerry

thanks I had a look for the app in the app store but I can't find it.
    looks like it is discontinued.

mikekerry wrote: »
    thanks I had a look for the app in the app store but I can't find it.
    looks like it is discontinued.

if I have done this correctly (shared it correctly) here it is :) :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_4yu0F8PBJUYXRBNlVwUVlHemM/view?usp=sharing

thanks,
    I installed the widget and restarted the phone but still no joy.
    The widget is installed as I can see it under apps but I don't see any shortcut for it on the phone desktop so I can't open it?

mikekerry wrote: »
    thanks,
    I installed the widget and restarted the phone but still no joy.
    The widget is installed as I can see it under apps but I don't see any shortcut for it on the phone desktop so I can't open it?

if you add it to homescreen as a widget and then press the widget to turn it on, i think thats all you do to be honest and then your notification LED should work then

• Advertisement

hi,
    great it's working now.thanks.
    the light is the light at the bottom of the phone, I had the previous Vodafone smart prime model and the notification light was the light at the top of the phone.
    thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BlueLass

jgbyr wrote: »
    Anyone got a recent link to a reliable unlock source on eBay? Thanks.

Hello, not sure if you got it sorted but I got my phone unlocked today in one of those phone unlocking shops, only took two minutes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

BlueLass wrote: »
    Hello, not sure if you got it sorted but I got my phone unlocked today in one of those phone unlocking shops, only took two minutes!!

Thanks. I was enquiring for a friend. He has ordered the phone & then he'll see about unlocking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

Just got the Vodafone smart ultra 6(again after 1st fell into sink). Unboxed it , unlocked it and after syncing to google - I plugged it in and it looks like its not charging. Blue circle lights up alright but no lightening symbol on battery at top of screen.

Is this a known problem....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

How much?

• Advertisement

RainyDay wrote: »
    How much?

E15, worth it to save the hassle of running around. On a side note, does anyone know how to move pics and videos from phone storage to SD card on this phone, been running through settings and can't figure it out!!

Just got the Vodafone smart ultra 6(again after 1st fell into sink). Unboxed it , unlocked it and after syncing to google - I plugged it in and it looks like its not charging. Blue circle lights up alright but no lightening symbol on battery at top of screen.

Is this a known problem....?

When you have it plugged in and its on the lockscreen does the word 'Charging' show up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

When you have it plugged in and its on the lockscreen does the word 'Charging' show up?

One problem fixed and another appears. It seems to have charged up but now it's stuck in an endless loop of me putting power on and once screen comes on it powers off again. Battery says it's at 100%. It was working fine and now is destined to go back to shop.

Will the fact it's been unlocked from Vodafone to Meteor cause a problem?

E15, worth it to save the hassle of running around. On a side note, does anyone know how to move pics and videos from phone storage to SD card on this phone, been running through settings and can't figure it out!!

Think I sorted it via file manager, long way round of copy/cut/paste from phone to SD so if anyone knows of a shortcut that would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

One problem fixed and another appears. It seems to have charged up but now it's stuck in an endless loop of me putting power on and once screen comes on it powers off again. Battery says it's at 100%. It was working fine and now is destined to go back to shop.

Will the fact it's been unlocked from Vodafone to Meteor cause a problem?

Just go in with no sim in it, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Can anyone confirm if the battery is replaceable on this phone? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

homer911 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if the battery is replaceable on this phone? Thanks

No it's not! Great battery life though, so not such a big deal. A day with very heavy use should be easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

No it's not! Great battery life though, so not such a big deal. A day with very heavy use should be easy.

Thanks

GSM Arena says it is, but I was a bit suspicious..
    http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7313&idPhone3=7230&idPhone2=7608

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

pissed wrote: »

How cheap are these to unlock please. Just want a back up phone cause I'm sending my S6 Edge Plus back to Samsung with a dead pixel and god only knows how long I'll be without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

How cheap are these to unlock please. Just want a back up phone cause I'm sending my S6 Edge Plus back to Samsung with a dead pixel and god only knows how long I'll be without it.

Its in the very first post! It's actually even went down in price since. If you click the link it is only €2.20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Its in the very first post! It's actually even went down in price since. If you click the link it is only €2.20

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Stiofain2006

Has anyone had issues with this phone whereby it seems like the home button is stuck causing google to keeping popping up while u r in a different app. Also certain keys on the keyboard are not responsive a lot of the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

What is Near Field Communication? Is it like a Barcode Scanner or something??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 215 ✭✭ceecee14

Still no tethering.. Anyone any more ideas? Really annoying me now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

Its a way of wirelessly transferring data between devices. Much quicker than bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

explanation here:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Alfie1 wrote: »
    A few more questions about this phone:

Can it be used as a USB storage device ?

Is it possible to turn off the shutter sound when taking pictures ?

Yes. It's in the camera settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Hi lads,

My screen broke on my smart ultra 6 and I'm finding it hard to find online where to buy a replacement could anyone help me please?

Thank you
    Brendan

Advertisement