Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

brendan86 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

My screen broke on my smart ultra 6 and I'm finding it hard to find online where to buy a replacement could anyone help me please?

Thank you
    Brendan

AFAIK it's not economical to repair. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

As cheap to just buy another one unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

I want to just buy the screen on its own, I have a friend who is experienced fixing phones and if I just buy the screen he will fit it for me.

A screen isn't going to cost 180euro??? I thought about 20-40euro should buy it it's just hard for me to find one because vodaphone don't make the phones..

I want to just buy the screen on its own, I have a friend who is experienced fixing phones and if I just buy the screen he will fit it for me.

A screen isn't going to cost 180euro??? I thought about 20-40euro should buy it it's just hard for me to find one because vodaphone don't make the phones..

Actually, they're on Aliexpress for around $50. Long delivery times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

BLACK OR WHITE original Touch Screen Digitizer For Alcatel Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 VF995 VF995N Touch free shipping
    http://s.aliexpress.com/NJvQniuQ
    This one? Or is it missing something because its so cheap?

• Advertisement

honda boi wrote: »
    BLACK OR WHITE original Touch Screen Digitizer For Alcatel Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 VF995 VF995N Touch free shipping

That's just the touch digitiser, not the actual screen/LCD. Is your screen cracked, or just that bit?

That's just the touch digitiser, not the actual screen/LCD. Is your screen cracked, or just that bit?

Ah that explains it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

It is usually much difficult to change just that part too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

honda boi wrote: »

its made by ZTE , not Alcatel -

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Actually, they're on Aliexpress for around $50. Long delivery times though.

Could you give me a link as I still can't find exact one please?

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

anyone able to get their phone off constant "data roaming" when not on vodafone ?

Is it a ROM issue ?

Could you give me a link as I still can't find exact one please?

Thank you

Disclaimer: I'm not saying these are the correct screens, good quality, or reputable sellers. It's just my search results.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/OEM-For-Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6-VF-995N-VF995N-VF995-Full-LCD-DIsplay-Touch-Screen-Digitizer/32624155736.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6-995N-VF995-lcd-display-touch-screen-assembly-free-tools/32623884897.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Rockin wrote: »
    anyone able to get their phone off constant "data roaming" when not on vodafone ?

Is it a ROM issue ?

What do you mean?

I'm on Three and it'll work fine with data roaming off but I have it on because when 3 IRL coverage drops, it switches to O2-IRL. Otherwise it would just have no coverage at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Rockin wrote: »

Is it a ROM issue ?

Update your android version.
    That sorts it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

As cheap to just buy another one unfortunately

fortunately!!! the price is class!

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Screenshot button is so damn annoying. Impossible to take a quick screenshot with the cover on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Screenshot button is so damn annoying. Impossible to take a quick screenshot with the cover on.

The screen shot button is grand, it's your cover which is annoying

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    The screen shot button is grand, it's your cover which is annoying

Screenshot button is annoying. 2 buttons very close to each other.

I have to change my hand position to do it, getting hands and fingers in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

OK, really close to buying this but have a couple of questions.
    I use bluetooth headphones and in the car daily - does it work well for listening to music over Bluetooth ? Is Bluetooth issue where phone goes into silent fixed ?

I use my phone for taking photos of documents ("scanning") for Evernote etc ..
    Is the camera good enough for that ?

Thanks in advance !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Screenshot button is annoying. 2 buttons very close to each other.

I have to change my hand position to do it, getting hands and fingers in the way.

The 2 buttons can be pressed with the one finger, use your thumb.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

long_b wrote:
    OK, really close to buying this but have a couple of questions. I use bluetooth headphones and in the car daily - does it work well for listening to music over Bluetooth ? Is Bluetooth issue where phone goes into silent fixed ?

I have two different sets of Bluetooth headphones I use to listen to music with and it works fine with both.
    I don't know of the issue you mentioned but I've never had that problem.

The camera on the phone is good in good lighting, took a trip to the zoo recently and got some great shots with the camera so I would imagine it would do a good job of scanning documents

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

I'm still having the problem with the phone not ringing when getting in and out of the car. It is definitely a Bluetooth problem because if I restart the phone it will ring no problem for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

clickhere wrote: »
    I'm still having the problem with the phone not ringing when getting in and out of the car. It is definitely a Bluetooth problem because if I restart the phone it will ring no problem for the rest of the day.

I have a couple of bluetooth devices (car, stereo and headphones) and don't experience the same. I wonder if it's worth just resetting the phone back to factory settings to see if that sorts it? Considering doing the same on mine due to battery drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

I have a couple of bluetooth devices (car, stereo and headphones) and don't experience the same. I wonder if it's worth just resetting the phone back to factory settings to see if that sorts it? Considering doing the same on mine due to battery drain.
    I have been thinking of doing that ok, but have been putting it off. I have 4 mates that are having the same problem. It's the only problem I have with the phone. Great value for money phone otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

clickhere wrote: »
    I have been thinking of doing that ok, but have been putting it off. I have 4 mates that are having the same problem. It's the only problem I have with the phone. Great value for money phone otherwise.
    It's happened to me a couple of times too, but it's not consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

This phone is great. Since I removed messenger plus and got adaway working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Amazon still the cheapest place for this ?

Amazon still the cheapest place for this ?

£99 on Vodafone UK.

...but they make you buy a top up (£10) and probably won't deliver to PM/PW. :(

99£ on Amazon now!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Lovely. Just ordered. was 7 pound delivery to Ireland but free to Parcel Motel.

Advertisement