Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭honda boi

Lovely. Just ordered. was 7 pound delivery to Ireland but free to Parcel Motel.

It's free delivery to Ireland from Amazon once it's over £25?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

honda boi wrote: »

Only if sold or fulfilled by Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

You are right I forgot to click the free delivery option on the way to checkout. I have cancelled and reordered for £101.48. Cheers

You are right I forgot to click the free delivery option on the way to checkout. I have cancelled and reordered for £101.48. Cheers

No bother ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Tempted to buy this off Amazon .
    Is the camera any good especially in low light ,from reviews it doesnt seem great ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Bought. Dam you BAs, between a telly, laptop and now a phone it's been an expensive March ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I have always been impressed with the Battery stamina on my VFSU6 - but today something was hogging my power and by close of day the phone gave me the tone that it had 15% battery power left and I havent heard that tone for ages. Anyway I have put it down to Mobile Data switched on (3G H+ etc) because I have been having trouble with my broadband wireless router my phone has been reverting to mobile data all day and its really eaten into the battery power. Normally my phone is intelligent that when I go out of house it will turn on 3G / H+ and when I come back home it will pick up my broadband router wi-fi and turn off mobile data. So if you get poor battery life and you want to save battery power try turning off Mobile Data in settings and see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Zardoz wrote: »
    Tempted to buy this off Amazon .
    Is the camera any good especially in low light ,from reviews it doesnt seem great ?

Camera is quite good on this phone. Here are some of my pics.

25261405702_149a176db4_b.jpg
    Full size: https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1600/25261405702_37935dc5ae_o.jpg

22851235196_381d6245f5_b.jpg
    Full size: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5728/22851235196_2705dc9529_o.jpg

22240892423_6f06ed69e9_b.jpg
    Full size: https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5720/22240892423_02021dd9bd_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I have always been impressed with the Battery stamina on my VFSU6 - but today something was hogging my power and by close of day the phone gave me the tone that it had 15% battery power left and I havent heard that tone for ages. Anyway I have put it down to Mobile Data switched on (3G H+ etc) because I have been having trouble with my broadband wireless router my phone has been reverting to mobile data all day and its really eaten into the battery power. Normally my phone is intelligent that when I go out of house it will turn on 3G / H+ and when I come back home it will pick up my broadband router wi-fi and turn off mobile data. So if you get poor battery life and you want to save battery power try turning off Mobile Data in settings and see if that helps.
    If its still using mobile data at home you either have WiFi switched off or it will have the wifi icon in the notification bar with a ! beside it meaning it can see the router but the router is not giving it any internet access. Either way turning off mobile data isn't really a battery saver because what happens when you leave the house again? You'll need to switch it back on.

What did it say was using your battery in the battery menu?

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

How do I put the phone on silent? Is it "no interruptions" or does this mean nothing will come into the phone at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

How do I put the phone on silent? Is it "no interruptions" or does this mean nothing will come into the phone at all?

After you reduce the volume to it's minimum you get vibrate. Volume down after the vibrate setting give you the option of no interruptions at all or priority only.

With no interruptions you can set to indefinite, for one hour or "until next alarm".

Setting to priority you can change the setting to specify what constitutes priority, including calls and/or texts from specific contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

Vodafone sell it for €159 if you switch. Get free sim off meteor and the get phone Amazon charge £99 free delivery or about €135

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

clickhere wrote: »
    I'm still having the problem with the phone not ringing when getting in and out of the car. It is definitely a Bluetooth problem because if I restart the phone it will ring no problem for the rest of the day.

Have the same problem too, its so annoying. Works fine after a reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bbito3

Anyone know anything about if this phone will be getting android 6.0? Ot if there's any custom ROMs for this phone that run android 6.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Bbito3 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about if this phone will be getting android 6.0? Ot if there's any custom ROMs for this phone that run android 6.0?

No custom MM roms yet. There is one LL one over on xda but i don't think they have ironed out all the problems yet.

FrostyJim wrote:
    If its still using mobile data at home you either have WiFi switched off or it will have the wifi icon in the notification bar with a ! beside it meaning it can see the router but the router is not giving it any internet access. Either way turning off mobile data isn't really a battery saver because what happens when you leave the house again? You'll need to switch it back on.

FrostyJim wrote:
    What did it say was using your battery in the battery menu?

Yeah strange that. It said the screen was using the most battery power. But I am still convinced myself it was the mobile data enabled using the power. Now I am only using WiFi and Bluetooth is off, I'm back to getting excellent battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Installed the latest system update during the week and now videos won't play on the phone, have sound but no picture . Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dubgurl

pissed wrote: »
    Have the same problem too, its so annoying. Works fine after a reboot.

Just got email update as I was following this thread for opinions on this phone:

You are following the thread "Mobiles: Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 €175 unlocked" by NegativeOne, there have been 2 post(s) to this thread, the last poster was pissed.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,546 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Rushden wrote: »
    Installed the latest system update during the week and now videos won't play on the phone, have sound but no picture . Any ideas?

I am finding this recently as well.
    if I make a video full screen it would either work or more often I get a black screen.
    Kind of annoying.

What update have u guys been getting? I have just checked online updates on my phone in settings and it says my phone is up to date. I didn't even realise there is a new update out. The last update I put on my vfsu6 was Turkish 5.1.1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Anyone else have this phone on Three network? The phone seems to constantly choose the 02 network. Have logged the problem with three but my wife has a one plusx on three as well and doesn't suffer the same problem so it must be a phone issue.

Phone arrived this morning.
    Extremely happy with Amazon ,ordered on Thursday evening :D
    Have to wait for the nano sim from 48 now :(
    Feels great for a £99 phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Phone arrived this morning.
    Extremely happy with Amazon ,ordered on Thursday evening :D
    Have to wait for the nano sim from 48 now :(
    Feels great for a £99 phone :D

I cut my SIM with a scissors.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Rushden wrote: »

From YouTube?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

After about 6 months of use, the original USB cable seems to have died. Left it to charge for ~8 hours and it was only at 52%. Was afraid that it was the battery or something but tried another cable and it charged up MUCH quicker.

I cut my SIM with a scissors.

so did I at 1am in the morning when I first got my phone, its not for the faint hearted and you have to be very precise - cut too small, and its curtains! :eek:

GvidoR wrote: »
    After about 6 months of use, the original USB cable seems to have died. Left it to charge for ~8 hours and it was only at 52%. Was afraid that it was the battery or something but tried another cable and it charged up MUCH quicker.

I had the very same thing one night, it did the same, it was only that one time though and a one off. Very strange. I though I had forgot to plug in the charger or something, but it wasnt that. Next night and there on it charged fine to 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Does anyone have problems mounting the phoen as a flash drive.

It is enabled under Storage and selected (MTP) but driver fails to install.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Does anyone have problems mounting the phoen as a flash drive.

It is enabled under Storage and selected (MTP) but driver fails to install.

I found it'll work with one usb port on the laptop but not another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Anyone else have this phone on Three network? The phone seems to constantly choose the 02 network. Have logged the problem with three but my wife has a one plusx on three as well and doesn't suffer the same problem so it must be a phone issue.

Having the same issue. It comes up that I'm roaming on the o2 network. I can manually reset to Three but about an hour later it automatically switches back to o2

Advertisement