Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

There is a successor in the works, somthing was spotted online reported from modaco of a Vodafone branded device with a snapdragon 650. That was a few weeks back.

ya i seen those pages, been no word since!! now that I've gotten so used to the screen size I'm even thinking of jumping ship and going up to a 5.7 screen if the successor stays at 5.5 , possibly the nexus 6p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Anyone know of the best price of this now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Discodog wrote: »
    Anyone know of the best price of this now ?

Amazon.co.uk have the for €153 but only in white at the moment. Probably will have black back in soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Amazon.co.uk have the for €153 but only in white at the moment. Probably will have black back in soon though.

I reckon this phone might look pretty nice in White. I had a galaxy Note mobile phone previously in white and I preferred that to to black ones

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I reckon this phone might look pretty nice in White. I had a galaxy Note mobile phone previously in white and I preferred that to to black ones
    that's not PC now ;)

• Advertisement

Hitchens wrote: »
    that's not PC now ;)

oops ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Hi

Just bought one today and am having an issue with the sim card slot. It doesn't seem to be recognising either my Vodafone or other network nano sims. What I would like to know is if anybody else has had this issue and what they did to resolve?

Hi

Just bought one today and am having an issue with the sim card slot. It doesn't seem to be recognising either my Vodafone or other network nano sims. What I would like to know is if anybody else has had this issue and what they did to resolve?

If its not recognising the Vodafone Sim bring it back and get it replaced for a new one.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    If its not recognising the Vodafone Sim bring it back and get it replaced for a new one.

Yeah I thought it might have been a common issue, which could be relatively easily solved, so frustrating apart from not recognising my sim it seems to be working pretty well

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Got a notification of a software update for this phone.
    Did anyone else get this and did you update or ignore?

• Advertisement

Got a notification of a software update for this phone.
    Did anyone else get this and did you update or ignore?

Its to fix the Bluetooth glitch some people are having.

if not recognising SIM - check, double check, triple check you have the SIM in right way round - its such a regular thing, people putting in SIM wrong way round

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Thanks for that - oh I might as well let it install then, even though personally I hardly ever use Bluetooth

This update seems to have messed up the connectivity between my watch and the phone, everything was fine until the update but no I just get constant disconnects and reconnects.

Watch still connects fine to the tablet so I'm pretty sure the fault lies with the new update to the SU 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

I've broken the outer screen on this. Still working away fine, just the outside smashed. How much am I looking at?

adrian522 wrote:
    This update seems to have messed up the connectivity between my watch and the phone, everything was fine until the update but no I just get constant disconnects and reconnects.

When will these companies/developers ever cop on that when they supply software updates for stuff that some people can have problems with updates. They should put in some kind of rollback feature into the updates so if or when people have problems after updating they can simply go back to the previous firmware/software.

I have a Bluetooth watch too (only one of these cheap 25quid Chinese ones) I wonder if I will have a problem now I have performed the update, I must try it later on today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Not sure, phone still connects ok to the car bluetooth system so maybe some sort of compatibility problem with the Garmin watch.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Not sure, phone still connects ok to the car bluetooth system so maybe some sort of compatibility problem with the Garmin watch.

Have noticed the same with my Garmin Vivoactive.

if not recognising SIM - check, double check, triple check you have the SIM in right way round - its such a regular thing, people putting in SIM wrong way round

I know, I worked with a mobile provider for a couple years, pesky sims ;)

Anyway fast forward sim card slot was faulty on the other one so they replaced it free of charge. Working grand now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

How do I stop my apps from keeping the phone awake? I went to settings then apps and under permissions it says that they keep the phone awake. Can I stop this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    How do I stop my apps from keeping the phone awake? I went to settings then apps and under permissions it says that they keep the phone awake. Can I stop this?

Just because they can keep the phone awake, doesn't mean they will keep the phone awake.
    If you are getting a bad return on battery life, do some actual checking to see what's using your battery; use the built in battery info or get a third party one (Better Battery Stats is a very indepth one though you might need to do some googling to understand the results).

While there are apps that can selectively remove permissions from other apps, I wouldn't recommend it without knowing exactly what you are doing. And I'm pretty sure you would need to have rooted the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

yeah - I would say that Unlocked then no problem affecting Warranty - the only thing that affects/could void warranty is if you Root the phone.
    Jnealon wrote: »
    Same happened my phone along with a signal issue, it's off getting repaired.
    I had mine unlocked too but that wasn't an issue when I dropped it back to vf, the lad in the shop said that it will come back locked.

You are probably alright with this phone since the manufacturer is Vodafone but if you bought (for example) a subsidised Samsung phone from a mobile provider and unlocked it, don't expect to have your warranty in place still. They pay a cost to the manufacturer under the expectation that you, the paying customer, will be with them for a predetermined length of time at least.

e.g. Vodafone; https://nac.vodafone.ie/

The only way to ensure your warranty is in place after an unlock is to get the phone unlocked through official channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

This phone used to be great but now its as slow as grandma stuck in blackstrap molasses

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

mathie wrote: »
    This phone used to be great but now its as slow as grandma stuck in blackstrap molasses

Suggest an edit "*YOUR phone used to be great..."

I've mine 8 months and it's still running as well as it was the first day I had it.

Maybe you've a faulty one or maybe you're overloading it. I don't know enough to offer any advice, but you can't generalise. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Pepp1989 wrote: »

Try Greenify?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Is anyone else having an issue with intermittent mobile data, could be a network problem but I never had it with other phones. Data will drop out for sonetimes 1-2 mins or even more. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Is anyone else having an issue with intermittent mobile data, could be a network problem but I never had it with other phones. Data will drop out for sonetimes 1-2 mins or even more. Thanks

What network?

Three is a complete mess for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

mathie wrote: »

Your problem lies with your usage, and your apps installed. I bet there's a lot of heavy hitters killing it. This phone is as fast as the day I bought it. Although I do have a battery drain problem.

As for using greenify, I did for a while and found it makes things worse, apps are killed and just start themselves again (amazon kindle I'm looking at you!). Which leads to battery drain.

What network?

I'm on iD who piggyback on the 3 network. No problems with data at all. I actually have better speeds now than I did with 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

What network?

Meteor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Bbito3

SD card randomly undetected today when playing some music. Formatted and everything but still not being detected. Any help?

Advertisement