Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Bbito3 wrote: »
    SD card randomly undetected today when playing some music. Formatted and everything but still not being detected. Any help?

Try a new working SD card?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bbito3

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Try a new working SD card?

First thing I tried still no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I've got this blooming square (movable with finger) , spammy thing. I dunno with what app it came with what I have downloaded from Play store - I look at my 'running apps' in settings as this box comes up and I still cant find out what app it is causing this. I dont want to uninstall all apps I have downloaded or do a factory reset but i reckon at this stage I might have to .
    screenshot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads how do I stop emails arriving in the middle of the night through interruptions?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've got this blooming square (movable with finger) , spammy thing. I dunno with what app it came with what I have downloaded from Play store - I look at my 'running apps' in settings as this box comes up and I still cant find out what app it is causing this. I dont want to uninstall all apps I have downloaded or do a factory reset but i reckon at this stage I might have to .
    screenshot.jpg

Try running an anti virus app to see if it picks up any dodgy apps.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

screenshot.jpg

I think that comes up when they are further notifications but the app icons cannot be shown on the task bar as there is no space let.....at least thats what makes sense to me when I see it pop up

i get it when roaming and i have a lot of notifications...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

Bbito3 wrote: »
    SD card randomly undetected today when playing some music. Formatted and everything but still not being detected. Any help?

What size SD card? My 32gb card that works fine elsewhere won't work in this phone. I have a 2gb card that works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

FrostyJim wrote: »
    I'm on iD who piggyback on the 3 network. No problems with data at all. I actually have better speeds now than I did with 3.

I was with them and texts from 3 just did not get delivered to me at all. Random ones from meteor too. I think the network is just young and not very robust. The data seemed fine when I was with them though. Twas some job trying to port back to meteor. They never heard of iD haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

seefin wrote:
    Maybe someone has already posted about this but the touch screen around the edges is fooked. No longer responds. Only have phone 5 months and admittedly no screen protector but never had with my galaxys either with o such problems. Worth bringing back to Vodafone as still under warranty (although I got unlock code from them , shouldnt have had any effect on this particular issue)

Update. Now the phone is totally fecked. Can hardly type anything,keeps going back to home screen in Google etc -it's as if parts of the touch screen are permanently presses .only got 4 months so definitely wasn't a bargain! Anyone else find they didn't get long from it? Was hoping to wait till got work phone before bringing back to Vodafone shop but don't think can wait now..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I had the same issue with mine so I dropped it back in to the VF shop who then sent it off to be repaired. 5 days later I got a call from the shop who had a new phone for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 RebekahD

Your so lucky it can be repaired so easily and so fast.
    Myself and others are still waiting for a bug to be fixed so we can know when we are getting calls,as it is I've simply got a paper weight not a real phone.
    I work as a home carer so had to buy another phone as I couldn't take the risk of missing more calls.
    Now we are being told next week or week after !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Jnealon wrote:
    I had the same issue with mine so I dropped it back in to the VF shop who then sent it off to be repaired. 5 days later I got a call from the shop who had a new phone for me

Will Vodafone give loan of phone while waiting for replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Ya the edges of my screen are gone very bad. I dropped it a few months ago and cracked the screen so put it down to this. Looking like it's more common though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

2 phones still going strong here, no issues to report

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

seefin wrote: »
    Yes I was offered one

steve_r wrote: »
    What size SD card? My 32gb card that works fine elsewhere won't work in this phone. I have a 2gb card that works fine.

I have a 128Gb card working in mine at this minute. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

I have a 128Gb card working in mine at this minute. No issues.

What brand, if you don't mind me asking?

If a 128gb card works then I'm going to try get my hands on one! Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

seefin wrote: »
    depends on the store

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭airmech

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Is 128 the biggest ya can get? Want to start putting music on my phone.

• Advertisement

256 would be brill but are they very expensive? I'd probably likely suffice with the hundred one though as I don't think I'd be one to ever ever have a huge huge big Multimedia collection.

I guess anything non-genuine always does come with a possibility of glitching and never working again at any stage in the future even if it does work at the start.

I wonder would that CE Online Store have any.....? They might have good prices and they should be a genuine set-up shouldn't they...?

256 would be brill but are they very expensive? I'd probably likely suffice with the hundred one though as I don't think I'd be one to ever ever have a huge huge big Multimedia collection.

I guess anything non-genuine always does come with a possibility of glitching and never working again at any stage in the future even if it does work at the start.

Do you have a good data allowance? May not be any need for a card if you can store it all in the cloud. (Google play music)

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

has anyone figured out how to stop it constantly thinking I'm roaming when using a MVNO (48) ?

Rockin wrote: »
    has anyone figured out how to stop it constantly thinking I'm roaming when using a MVNO (48) ?

Updating to 5.1.1 should solve that.

1 or 2gigs I think. How is cloud measured? How much data would be used for an hour's play of music? I don't really have a tolerance for Cloud or Google Play or Groove or Dropbox or any of those things. I can just about stand the App Store. Somebody emailed me something from Google Docs there one time, NOOOOOOOOO clue what Google Docs is. Still no clue what they sent to this day. Could they not just write it into the bloody email like. :rolleyes:

I wonder if there's any way I could find out if there's any nice genuine Boardsies selling one on Adverts that would work in my Phone....

1 or 2gigs I think. How is cloud measured? How much data would be used for an hour's play of music? I don't really have a tolerance for Cloud or Google Play or Groove or Dropbox or any of those things. I can just about stand the App Store. Somebody emailed me something from Google Docs there one time, NOOOOOOOOO clue what Google Docs is. Still no clue what they sent to this day. Could they not just write it into the bloody email like. :rolleyes:

I wonder if there's any way I could find out if there's any nice genuine Boardsies selling one on Adverts that would work in my Phone....

Believe it or not, a lot of the apps on the 'App Store' are very useful, but you have to be open to trying them. From what I gather, you'd be better off with something like a Doro phone.

I'm not sure why you're obsessed with buying such a large SD card. Do you even have a music collection right now? A 32gb card will hold about 8000 songs, which is more than enough for most people.

You dont even need to go to the play store, the "play music" app is already on your phone and this is what you would use to play your music. The most complicated, but still VERY easy thing you will need to do is upload your collection via your PC/laptop.

How to do that is here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1075570?hl=en

As for data usage, if you don't have a decent data package I would advise against this. 1 or 2gb would be gone well before month end. At the top highest bitrate setting in Google play music you would use roughly 115 MB per hour.

The doc that someone sent to you was very possibly made in Microsoft office but as you don't have that on your phone you phone decided rather than saying "cannot open" it would open it in its own free office package Google docs.

steve_r wrote: »
    What brand, if you don't mind me asking?

If a 128gb card works then I'm going to try get my hands on one! Happy days

It's this exact card below.

http://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Android-microSDXC-Speicherkarte-SD-Adapter/dp/B013UDL5HU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1460293918&sr=8-2&keywords=128Gb+sd+card

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Keithmc40

Can anybody please help me, I got this phone unlocked to the 48 network but I get get the Internet working on it, any help please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Keithmc40 wrote: »
    Can anybody please help me, I got this phone unlocked to the 48 network but I get get the Internet working on it, any help please

You probably need to configure the settings so you can Data Roam

Advertisement