Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

mjp wrote: »
    Having same issue with Snapchat screen going black after photo is taken. Tried removing app and reinstalling it but no joy. Do we have to wait for bug to be fixed or is there a solution to this
    They said they're aware of it when I reported the bug, but not too optimistic as Snapchat has always worked a bit crap on the Smart Ultra supposedly. It was fine up the version before the "video emojis" were added, but not sure what Version number that was to try and "rollback" to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i've the same snapchat issue....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Temporary fix for snapchat - uninstall current version.

install 9.27.6
    https://snapchat.en.uptodown.com/android/old
    I got it there. It was the last working version before the blackscreen issue.

Not ideal and probably won't last forever, but it's a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

Snapchat issue here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Shlippery wrote: »
    Temporary fix for snapchat - uninstall current version.

install 9.27.6
    https://snapchat.en.uptodown.com/android/old
    I got it there. It was the last working version before the blackscreen issue.

Not ideal and probably won't last forever, but it's a start.

Thanks for that, temporary fix but it's all good for now as Mrs. Dahat is happy once again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mrs Dahat phone is having issues with touchscreen near the edges of the phone, 1 numeral and letter D etc isn't working. Seems to a line around the inside edge of the phone as well.

Has anyone else had this issue?
    Is it a candidate for warranty repair?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gomango

dahat wrote: »
    Mrs Dahat phone is having issues with touchscreen near the edges of the phone, 1 numeral and letter D etc isn't working. Seems to a line around the inside edge of the phone as well.

Download screen touch test app. Will show if and where there is damage to the touch screen.

Attached is my screen test for my old nexus 4 showing a full cm width damage to my screen, made up my mind to buy the su6 after this.

Warranty wouldn't cover physical damage.

Try factory reset to rule out the issue is not from software.

If you have an hour and on tight budget you could buy digitizer below and fit yourself.

I did it for my nexus years ago when I bought it at first surprisingly simple. But do your research.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item-desc/32621709146.html

If It was me Id just buy a new one and a good screen protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Gomango wrote: »
    If you have an hour and on tight budget you could buy digitizer below and fit yourself.

I did it for my nexus years ago when I bought it at first surprisingly simple. But do your research.

http://m.aliexpress.com/item-desc/32621709146.html

If It was me Id just buy a new one and a good screen protector.

That link doesn't look like the right screen for the SMU6, it mentions a 800*480 display...

That link doesn't look like the right screen for the SMU6, it mentions a 800*480 display...

Your right Its the zte blade s6 i was trying to link( I believe its the same phone). So if he can find it hes laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭rliston

I've that problem with s and w and also the back button. Vodafone store said it is covered for that under the warranty but I managed to get a 1inch crack on the screen before getting it to the store so warranty would no longer cover it and instead would be €150 to repair

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

rliston wrote:
    would be €150 to repair

Silly price for repair isn't it. Might as well go out and buy a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Has anyone managed to connect their Garmin device yet? A few posts above about it but nothing pointing to success.

Furthermore, I have a Philips speaker and it doesn't connect to that either. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bigmick1

Having problems with the headphone jack, only one headphone working. Tried cleaning it, different headphones, restarting the phone.

Anyone any solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

bigmick1 wrote: »
    Having problems with the headphone jack, only one headphone working. Tried cleaning it, different headphones, restarting the phone.

Anyone any solutions?

Ball of tinfoil?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

bigmick1 wrote:

Also having the same issue, on and off for the past few months. No solution yet unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭touts

bigmick1 wrote: »

Anyone any solutions?

Had that problem. Dirt in the socket. Where it is located the hole is a little larger than normal and I suspect dirt gets in easier than sockets on other devices. Brought it to a techie friend who blew some compressed air into it from a can and that solved it.

im getting itchy feet with this phone now, I still like it but! ....... next phone I want to get I would want it thinner and a camera with image stabilizer built in and the camera lens in the middle of the phone at the back.

I've always like the look and feel of Galaxy Note's (if i could afford one I'd like to get on, either note 3 or 4!) - but i would love to get a galaxy note with the battery standby that this VFSU6 has, which I think is remarkable. i charge the battery every night on my SU6 , but it dont need ut really as most nights I retire it still has 60% battery power left!!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

...I've always like the look and feel of Galaxy Note's (if i could afford one I'd like to get on, either note 3 or 4!) - but i would love to get a galaxy note with the battery standby that this VFSU6 has, which I think is remarkable. i charge the battery every night on my SU6 , but it dont need ut really as most nights I retire it still has 60% battery power left!!

Careful what you wish for! I came from a Note 3 to the SU6 & IMO the SU6 is superior (for what I need anyway)...

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Is there a camera shortcut via a button on this phone from the locked state or do you need to unlock the phone & open the camera app ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,545 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Is there a camera shortcut via a button on this phone from the locked state or do you need to unlock the phone & open the camera app ?

Press buttone on side of phone
    Slide icon from bottom right to bottom left.

Careful what you wish for! I came from a Note 3 to the SU6 & IMO the SU6 is superior (for what I need anyway)...

True. I had a note 1 and liked that (once I rooted it and put cm on it) but the battery life was atrocious even when I bought a new battery for it, wouldn't even last the day with battery power

Even still now these days don't include a proper physical button on the sides of their phones. I used to have a couple of high end Nokia phones years ago and they had a dedicated camera buttons, much more better when taking photos than touching the screen to take the photo, felt natural and help stop camera shake.

Even still now these days don't include a proper physical button on the sides of their phones. I used to have a couple of high end Nokia phones years ago and they had a dedicated camera buttons, much more better when taking photos than touching the screen to take the photo, felt natural and help stop camera shake.

You get more camera shake pressing a button than touching the screen, especially in a phone with no OIS. Most phones allow you to use the volume buttons as a shutter. Can't remember if my SU6 does, but I know my M9 and S6e+ both do.

where do you find the SU6 wins over the Note 3 if you dont mind me asking? - until i read your post I was seriously considering going bill pay and getting a note 3 or getting a unlocked Note 3 off ebay, - im not so sure now, I dont want to be regretting it.

where do you find the SU6 wins over the Note 3 if you dont mind me asking? - until i read your post I was seriously considering going bill pay and getting a note 3 or getting a unlocked Note 3 off ebay, - im not so sure now, I dont want to be regretting it.

Who would still give a Note 3 on a contract? It's a 2.5 year old phone.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Who would still give a Note 3 on a contract? It's a 2.5 year old phone.

sorry, my mistake it was note 4 I was looking at on Vodafone bill pay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Bought my 2nd Smart Ultra 6 today as a pressie for someone.

Managed to get the phone along with nice leather case delivered for €150 using amazon uk. 25% saving compared to vodafone direct

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Well, apart from the longer battery life, it's probably a value-for-money thing.

There's nothing I'd need a Note 3/4 to do that my SU6 can't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Is there any sort of voice-activated Alarm App I can get?!? I have very weird problems with my memory. Ya can get them in Merrika for various Illnesses. Would still need an Alarm tone on it to wake me up but I also want to set a voice on it to remind me that I need to get up now to go such a place etc. Is there anything I could get to work like that?!? Could I like attach a Media Clip file voice recording to an alarm or something?!?

Advertisement