Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Is there any sort of voice-activated Alarm App I can get?!? I have very weird problems with my memory. Ya can get them in Merrika for various Illnesses. Would still need an Alarm tone on it to wake me up but I also want to set a voice on it to remind me that I need to get up now to go such a place etc. Is there anything I could get to work like that?!? Could I like attach a Media Clip file voice recording to an alarm or something?!?

on my phone i downloaded talking ringtone maker lite from twoclaw apps on google play and i find it pretty good. have even used it with contacts name and then add it as contact ringtone, and i also have it say 'new text message' as a sms message tone, and 'new calendar message' rather than a jingle/tone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

The keyboard on mine has started to slow down big time. Mainly on whatsapp and facebook. If i type quickly it misses letters and is 3/4/5 keys behind.
    On sms and even now on boards its perfectly fine. Its driving me nuts.
    Any ideas on what it could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

.red. wrote: »
    The keyboard on mine has started to slow down big time. Mainly on whatsapp and facebook. If i type quickly it misses letters and is 3/4/5 keys behind.
    On sms and even now on boards its perfectly fine. Its driving me nuts.
    Any ideas on what it could be?

Try running ccleaner. If its only in certain apps it can't be hardware related.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Try running ccleaner. If its only in certain apps it can't be hardware related.

I tried that already and it made no difference. Cheers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

vectra wrote: »
    Press buttone on side of phone
    Slide icon from bottom right to bottom left.

I was guessing that'd be the answer. Even though the SU6 doesn't have a dedicated camera button I was wondering if there was a combination of button presses that might work as a shortcut to open the camera app.

Even still now these days don't include a proper physical button on the sides of their phones. I used to have a couple of high end Nokia phones years ago and they had a dedicated camera buttons, much more better when taking photos than touching the screen to take the photo, felt natural and help stop camera shake.

My current Nokia Lumia has a dedicated camera button, it's a useful feature to take a quick pic, especially if you have a password lock on your phone ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

.red. wrote:
    The keyboard on mine has started to slow down big time. Mainly on whatsapp and facebook. If i type quickly it misses letters and is 3/4/5 keys behind. On sms and even now on boards its perfectly fine. Its driving me nuts. Any ideas on what it could be?

App cache cleaner is also a good app to try, that's from Google play store too. Other than that if you have replaced the stock keyboard app try going back to stock and see if that helps

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

New android security update released and loaded

• Registered Users Posts: 15,545 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Nowso wrote: »
    New android security update released and loaded

On it now.
    Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I got this update this morning , been out awhile and some of us are only getting it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

Got a notification that a software update is available from Vodafone, few changes for bluetooth etc - anyone do this already and notice anything different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I got this update this morning , been out awhile and some of us are only getting it now.

Same as, only popped up yesterday for me and it's been out for a few weeks at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

GvidoR wrote: »
    My phone just died. Doesn't turn on.

Blue light comes on when it's plugged but that's all. Anything I can try (reset, etc?) before I contact Vodafone?
    battery would go from 40 odd% to dead on my wifes phone, had to send it back for new board.. grand since (2 months ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bigmick1

How do you change your opening screen when you unlock the phone to something other than phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Got a notification that a software update is available from Vodafone, few changes for bluetooth etc - anyone do this already and notice anything different?

ringtones work now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Any idea if the tethering issue is resolved with this update ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

How are people finding this phone now? Build Quality? Recommended?

Can you still cheaply unlock and remove the bloatware?

Or is there something else out better/worth looking at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

oleras wrote: »

I've never had any tethering issue, was recently away and used my VF connection to power internet on a couple of tablets with no problems. (prior to update)

What do you experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

oleras wrote: »

I'm with vodafone & was charged yesterday for tethering as the phone switched apn automatically. I had been on to Vodafone & it was supposed to have been fixed on my account, but wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

My data seems frigged since I did that bloody update :(

My data seems frigged since I did that bloody update :(

In what way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭eire_insane

top phone. i had the HTC M8 before I lost it. great replacement. only downside i can see on it is when using snapchat. it can lag a bit and crash when adding filters and crap but bar that its perfect. dropped it a few times and even got left outside in the rain for a few hours and didnt effect it one bit. cant praise it enough especially for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

One thing to note, It doesn't have a gyro so you cant really use it for VR-box.

In what way?

Super slow
    Never ever had a problem with it
    It won't let me access my ulster bank app at all, saying I've an unstable connection

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

In what way?

Super slow
    It won't let me access my ulster bank app at all, saying I've an unstable connection
    No problems with data or wifi here....

Will this phone work in the USA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I've been using mine relatively troublefree since last August. I'd highly recommend it. The only issue I had was when it failed to boot, I can't really remember my solution, but it was something simple like charging fully and booting then. Other than that it's been a fantastic phone, amazing battery life, great screen, great performance for my usage and cheap price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Still happy with mine, and that's coming from a Nexus 5, screen size is great once you get used to it, camera is grand, great healthy battery that gets me through the day.

Again, only drawback is Snapchat ****ting its pants with the Smart Ultra 6, which can be frustrating if you use the app a fair bit, but if not, then I can't see anything else wrong with it.

Phone also felt very light without a cover, so advisable get a cover on it lively!
    I got a Cotech gel cover on Amazon, read about it here I think and it's great, really makes the phone feel that bit more secure and improves the grip!

Have to find a balance between not spending too much on the cover, matching the price point of the phone, and if you break it, the repair costs more than the phone itself, so it's nearly better buy another new one!

Super slow

Is your network having problems? I know iD are, other 3 piggybackers might be too

Is your network having problems? I know iD are, other 3 piggybackers might be too

I am id

I didn't know there was issues.. Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 24 paul29163

ID network absolutely shocking since weekend. I have tweeted them and they are been flooded wth similar enquires. They are answering with the usual mantra of having network issues which they are resolving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

I've never had any tethering issue, was recently away and used my VF connection to power internet on a couple of tablets with no problems. (prior to update)

What do you experience?

After tethering it fails to go back to the .live apn instead using the .hs apn, this eats your credit, it is ipossible to delete the .hs apn.

They are aware of it and are working on it...:rolleyes:

Advertisement