Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

oleras wrote: »
    After tethering it fails to go back to the .live apn instead using the .hs apn, this eats your credit, it is ipossible to delete the .hs apn.

They are aware of it and are working on it...:rolleyes:

Go to settings - more - mobile networks -access point names. In there you should be able to delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Go to settings - more - mobile networks -access point names. In there you should be able to delete it.

Have you tried this ?

It cant be deleted from my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

oleras wrote: »
    Have you tried this ?

It cant be deleted from my phone.

You should be able to delete it but i cant either. I was onto vodafone a while back as my credit drained in a few days. The phone switched over to that apn and was reading that i was tethering. They told me to delete it but I couldnt. It hasnt switched back onto it since tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Vodamoan

Had this problem, spoke to Vodafone several times and got my credit back no hassle each time. Its not possible to delete this APN for some reason. I'm on Lycamobile now and never have this problem.... Half the performance for half the price!!

Can anyone help re useless slow Google search bar on my SU6 home screen? Its as slow as a snail virtually unusable.....

• Advertisement

Never had a problem with Google search but my phone seems to have slowed down since I applied the latest security patch.

Edit: Slowness was actually my own fault, installed xposed and had forgot you need to edit build.prop to avoid lag. All good again since I made the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

i've had nothing but trouble with bluetooth since the update previous thought this would fix it ,think its made it worse .it lost connectivy with car at least 15 times in the space of 10min journey ,getting really annoyed now .
    any one esle any problems or ideas how to fix ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Hi,
    I've had my Smart Ultra 6 since about August last year and been lucky enough never to have any problems....until today.
    The phone has no response of the touch screen at all, can't unlock the screen or use the phone, answer calls or do anything,
    the side buttons work but I can't turn the phone off because the screen is locked.
    So basically I can't use the phone in any way, anyone got any ideas as to what I can do as I need the phone working.
    It's fully charged so it will be a while until it turns off from a flat battery,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Hi,
    I've had my Smart Ultra 6 since about August last year and been lucky enough never to have any problems....until today.
    The phone has no response of the touch screen at all, can't unlock the screen or use the phone, answer calls or do anything,
    the side buttons work but I can't turn the phone off because the screen is locked.
    So basically I can't use the phone in any way, anyone got any ideas as to what I can do as I need the phone working.
    It's fully charged so it will be a while until it turns off from a flat battery,

you can turn phone off with very long press of power button, it will eventually turn off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Hi,

This happened me once, last year - at the most inconvenient time possible, as I headed to the airport for a flight, where I needed to contact the AirBNB host on landing. I tried to get the guys in the Carphone Warehouse in the airport to reset it, but there was nothing they could do. I just had to wait until the battery died the next day. When I was getting slightly frustrated with a credit card payphone in CDG airport, a nice lady handed me her non-smartphone to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

you can turn phone off with very long press of power button, it will eventually turn off

Thanks Andy, this worked and it's all good again,

I'm considering myself lucky to have had no problems with my phone reading this thread some seem to be suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 michael1930

How do you change your opening screen, when you unlock the phone, to something other than the phone app, thanks.

How do you change your opening screen, when you unlock the phone, to something other than the phone app, thanks.

You mean on the lock screen the two shortcuts? One to phone the other to camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭wilser

3 have the huawei ascend g7 for €180 atm, would this be a better phone than the smart ultra for around the same price?

Does anyone know if a virtual reality headset will work with the SU6?

.red. wrote: »
    Does anyone know if a virtual reality headset will work with the SU6?

Doesn't have a gyroscope so no AFAIK.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Doesn't have a gyroscope so no AFAIK.

Didnt think so. A quick google didnt answer much.
    Looks like ive finally found something that i dont like about this phone lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

wilser wrote: »
    3 have the huawei ascend g7 for €180 atm, would this be a better phone than the smart ultra for around the same price?

I have the g7, happy with it but afaik the smart ultra wins on all aspects of spec. Maybe battery life on g7 is better?

Less powerful CPU in the g7 and only 720p screen but is expected to get marshmallow unlike the su6. All other specs look pretty much on par.

http://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6646&idPhone2=7313

SU6 is a great phone, I had an iPhone 6 for a year but was afraid of smashing it or getting robbed so sold it for 500quid, spend 169 on this SU6 and haven't looked back.... So 330euro in my pocket and a better phone......highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 frannyw

good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

My home button has started acting up, doesn't work from time to time, anyone have the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Chromecast / Allcast update problem.

I have just updated my phone and I now have a problem.

I was using Chromecast/Allcast, through Server 8.
    This server nas now "disappeared" leaving Server 1, the phone option.
    Anyone have this problem, or know how to resolve this. ????
    or know where server 8 went to ...??

Thanks

Jay...

I was using Chromecast/Allcast, through Server 8.
    This server nas now "disappeared" leaving Server 1, the phone option.
    or know where server 8 went to ...??

Thanks

Jay...

Sorry,

Got the numbers reversed.
    Have server 8, need server 1.

Thanks

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

wilser wrote: »

Screen is only 720p - a bit low for a 5.5 inch.

I was using Chromecast/Allcast, through Server 1.
    This server nas now "disappeared" leaving Server 8, the phone option.
    or know where server 1 went to ...??

Thanks

Jay...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Phonepeeps is this Memory suitable to get for this phone? --->

http://www.adverts.ie/other-photography/64gb-integral-microsdxc-cl10-ultima-pro-40mb-s-mobile-phone-memory-card/3957956

Hhmmmm! There was 3 available 7 minutes ago and it has upped to 4 in that time! Dunno is that a good sign!

Phonepeeps is this Memory suitable to get for this phone? --->

http://www.adverts.ie/other-photography/64gb-integral-microsdxc-cl10-ultima-pro-40mb-s-mobile-phone-memory-card/3957956

Hhmmmm! There was 3 available 7 minutes ago and it has upped to 4 in that time! Dunno is that a good sign!

Personally, I'd stick to well known reputable brands such as SanDisk or Samsung

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Do you have any link Basil? T.i.a.

• Advertisement

Do you have any link Basil? T.i.a.

Just search Amazon or Argos for SanDisk ultra or Samsung Evo Pro micro SD.

Advertisement