Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

Integral would be a decent brand.

sugarman wrote: »
    In short, no, it doesn't have a gyroscope and not compatible with google cardboard.

But, it does somewhat work with 3rd party apps and the accelerometer, also OK for some cinema apps.

I was actually coming back to ask about this. So if i got a cheap one, would it work away but not have the movement? Spotted one in Dunnes today for €20. If i thought it would work with movies/tv id be happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Phonepeeps is this Memory suitable to get for this phone? --->

http://www.adverts.ie/other-photography/64gb-integral-microsdxc-cl10-ultima-pro-40mb-s-mobile-phone-memory-card/3957956

Hhmmmm! There was 3 available 7 minutes ago and it has upped to 4 in that time! Dunno is that a good sign!

Never heard of the brand.

Get a Class 10 one anyway (theyre faster).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Never any sign of the quickcharging that we were supposed to have on this phone was there?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mjp

Have software update pending here but reluctant to update as some people have had problems since update. My phone hasn't been working the best for last while and running quite slow so between two minds as to whether update or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

mjp wrote: »
    Have software update pending here but reluctant to update as some people have had problems since update. My phone hasn't been working the best for last while and running quite slow so between two minds as to whether update or not

Updated here and had no problems.Well none that were the phones fault anyway. When settings xposed back up I didn't edit the build.prop file so I had lag.

No noticeable difference really after the update but it is meant to fix the Bluetooth problem people were having. If you are having problems though I would recommend a factory reset and then do the update. What apps are running slow or was it everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Red do you have Integral Brand one? Sorry my brain isn't working and I'm too tired to quote.

Red do you have Integral Brand one? Sorry my brain isn't working and I'm too tired to quote.

Ive had 2 of their usb sticks for a few years without any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

If you ever get a chance download snapdragon camera 2.1 APK, it works on this phone even unrooted and I think it gives better results than the stock camera app

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mcennis

I know these questions has probably been answered several times in this thread but i don't have time to look for it as im about to head to work and will probably buy this phone on my break.

Im upgrading from a sony xperia e3 so i know the specs massively outweigh what i already have.
    My questions are is it worth the price, how good is the battery life and would I get away with some gaming on it? I will be unlocking the phone and putting my 48 sim card into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

mcennis wrote: »
    I know these questions has probably been answered several times in this thread but i don't have time to look for it as im about to head to work and will probably buy this phone on my break.

Im upgrading from a sony xperia e3 so i know the specs massively outweigh what i already have.
    My questions are is it worth the price, how good is the battery life and would I get away with some gaming on it? I will be unlocking the phone and putting my 48 sim card into it.

Been using mine since August or so....Great battery life, great screen. Has lasted very well so far. I've a few scrapes in the plastic where the the paint has come away I probably should have gotten a decent silicone cover... Screen is perfect and I have no screen protector.
    Price point is still very worth the specs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I'm looking to buy another one of these phones after getting one for my daughter for Christmas. Is the vodafone site the best to purchase from:?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-Android-Smartphone/dp/B013F8UJRM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462382042&sr=8-1&keywords=smart+ultra+6

Amazon is a better deal I believe. Just do your sums. (Pay in sterling, as Amazon give a crap exchange rate when purchasing in euro)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-Android-Smartphone/dp/B013F8UJRM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462382042&sr=8-1&keywords=smart+ultra+6

Amazon is a better deal I believe. Just do your sums. (Pay in sterling, as Amazon give a crap exchange rate when purchasing in euro)

and is it locked to vodafone?

and is it locked to vodafone?

Vodafone UK. So when getting an unlock code from a eBay seller just mention it's locked to Vodafone UK rather than ireland.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Vodafone UK. So when getting an unlock code from a eBay seller just mention it's locked to Vodafone UK rather than ireland.

You'll just end up giving them the imei which should be enough for them to unlock it!

All going well with my SU6, I had only intended on keeping it a year, but at this rate I might try and make that 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

kingstevii wrote: »
    My home button has started acting up, doesn't work from time to time, anyone have the same problem?
    I had the Same prob with some letters it would not let me send messages. Anyone else have same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gomango

Having problems synching contacts on su6 to parrot ck3100 .

Anyone having same issues?

• Advertisement

Gomango wrote: »
    Having problems synching contacts on su6 to parrot ck3100 .

Anyone having same issues?

Did you download the latest it's update. This was meant to fix the issues people were having with Bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bbito3

Anyone know if there is any version of cyanogenmod for this phone?

Bbito3 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there is any version of cyanogenmod for this phone?

One on XDA but I don't think it ever made it to a daily driver.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=63179341&postcount=596

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I do like my VFSU6 at the moment but this phone is tempting me its the LG G4 Stylus mobile €178 unlocked incl UK delivery - its killer is it ony has 1GB RAM and I would be worried about running apps with 1GB RAM, I think the SU6 has 2 or 3gb RAM doesnt it? - got the same Snapdragon CPU as the SU6 - its on sale at Argos but a lot more expensive at €272.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Check out the ulephome power, on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Okay so now I need to put stuff I have on current Memory Card in new bigger one. How do I go about doing that ?!

Okay so now I need to put stuff I have on current Memory Card in new bigger one. How do I go about doing that ?!

Have you a laptop or pc? Plug both sd cards in and copy/paste. If you cant plug the cards in leave the old one in the phone, and hook the phone up via usb lead, then put everything onto a usb key. When its done remove the old sd card from the phone, pop in the new card and copy/paste again.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭otterj

I did a n update recently, every time i lose connection to the network (which is quiet often when you live down the country) i get a notification sound. Anyway to turn this off

I do like my VFSU6 at the moment but this phone is tempting me its the LG G4 Stylus mobile €178 unlocked incl UK delivery - its killer is it ony has 1GB RAM and I would be worried about running apps with 1GB RAM, I think the SU6 has 2 or 3gb RAM doesnt it? - got the same Snapdragon CPU as the SU6 - its on sale at Argos but a lot more expensive at €272.99

Ah I wouldn't touch that. Using a phone with 8GB internal memory is a pain in the ass. And 1GB of RAM is not really enough these days. The SU6 has 2GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01AY2Y0SQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p107_d1_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=47TTYDBCJ55R3Z2SQTFV&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=867551787&pf_rd_i=desktop

This is the phone I was referring to earlier, spec looks very good and a bumper battery. A mile ahead of the LG G4 anyway....

Advertisement