Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The way things are going with low/mid range phones is crazy. The spec available is just unbelievable. The main difference I can see between the likes of the SU6 and other phones in it's price range is the camera. They're generally perfectly fine, but the high end gets very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Switched back to my SU6 and installed latest update. Phone working fine now with the Bluetooth connection. No more issues of phone going silent when I exit my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭shalom

Hi if I buy the Vodafone from Amazon , do I then buy an unlock code off of eBay? . Also can I get an sd card for extra storage. My daughter wants to buy a phone from one plus one phone crowd with 64 g storage . Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

shalom wrote: »
    Hi if I buy the Vodafone from Amazon , do I then buy an unlock code off of eBay? . Also can I get an sd card for extra storage. My daughter wants to buy a phone from one plus one phone crowd with 64 g storage . Thanks lads

Yes and yes. Buy on amazon, and when you get it, buy the unlock code on ebay and send your imei number in the comments to them.

I have a 64GB SD card in this phone also. Nothing wrong with OnePlus One, they're highly regarded phones still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

I had an ulephone, dreadful build quality and needed two replacements before I eventually gave up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭shalom

Few more things . I have this phone in my Amazon basket . Do I pay in sterling? I have an post Address pal so I presume I get it sent there? Thanks very much for yer help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

shalom wrote: »
    Few more things . I have this phone in my Amazon basket . Do I pay in sterling? I have an post Address pal so I presume I get it sent there? Thanks very much for yer help

Buy in sterling. Get it sent to your Irish address. They deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

bidiots wrote:
    This is the phone I was referring to earlier, spec looks very good and a bumper battery. A mile ahead of the LG G4 anyway....

Cool thanks for that , only deal breaker for me would be is that it has mtk chip. Have had a couple of mtk China phones before And been a pain , especially on the GPS part trying to find GPS signal, some of the MTK phones suffer this way. There is a manual fix but it doesn't always work, also my last couple of mtk phones have had rubbish camera quality on them.

Ah I wouldn't touch that. Using a phone with 8GB internal memory is a pain in the ass. And 1GB of RAM is not really enough these days. The SU6 has 2GB.

8g not an issue if has sd card slot as you can pick up sd cards easily enough, no its the 1gb ram that sounds like it lets it down, although some reviews I have read that it still performs ok with multitasking, not brilliant on games but then again I'm not into playing games on my phone anyway. I like the idea of the stylus, you don't get hardly any phones these days with a stylus apart from the Samsung galaxy note 4 and look how much that costs

Okay so now I need to put stuff I have on current Memory Card in new bigger one. How do I go about doing that ?!

If you want to go cloud way, upload your files from present sd card to Google drive or Dropbox and then swap out the sd cards and download back onto the new sd card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Had the note 3, never used the stylus.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

d31b0y wrote: »

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Is that a different phone though? Or is it the case that they'd be releasing the Prime 1st, followed by the new Ultra?

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Is that a different phone though? Or is it the case that they'd be releasing the Prime 1st, followed by the new Ultra?

The smart prime 7 is already available on the vodafone ireland site

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-prime-7-pay-as-you-go-black

It's not the same phone, it has poor specs. You'd expect an ultra 7 to follow, though.

d31b0y wrote: »

i had the Note 1 once and I know stylus is a bit gimmicky, but i used it a few times now and again, especially for doodling and drawing silly pictures lol, not what it was intended for admittedly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gomango

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Did you download the latest it's update. This was meant to fix the issues people were having with Bluetooth.

Cheers frosty. Didn't realise there was an update the last few weeks. Got no notification.

So the contacts now sync but I cannot use ok google to dial contacts using voice. This was a handy little function that worked with nexus4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Basil3 wrote: »
    The smart prime 7 is already available on the vodafone ireland site

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-prime-7-pay-as-you-go-black

It's not the same phone, it has poor specs. You'd expect an ultra 7 to follow, though.

Specs are not bad for the price. Looks alright as well. Has Android 6.0 too.

Here's a bit more info on it
    https://www.vodafone.com/content/devices/smart-prime-7-en.html

GvidoR wrote: »
    Specs are not bad for the price. Looks alright as well. Has Android 6.0 too.

Here's a bit more info on it
    https://www.vodafone.com/content/devices/smart-prime-7-en.html

only got 1gb ram / 8gb storage, 8mp camera and only 5" screen - wouldnt really be an upgrade after having SU6

I like the camera placement on the back though, better placement than the SU6 I think, like the fact its got a removeable back, and removeable battery (if thats the case) - still looks like its a ZTE phone then, and the 5" phone might be appealing to market where over 5" phone is too big for some people, sometimes I feel the SU6 is a bit too big and hard to operate with 1 hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hi folks, having a problem installing a 3rd party apk on this phone. The "Install" button appears but can't be clicked. Any advice?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,545 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Cianos wrote: »
    Hi folks, having a problem installing a 3rd party apk on this phone. The "Install" button appears but can't be clicked. Any advice?

Thanks

Go to Settings on your phone and switch to the “general” tab, if needed.
    Tap on the “Security” option.
    Tick the checkbox next to the “Unknown Sources” option.
    Confirm the warning message by tapping on “OK”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

vectra wrote: »
    Go to Settings on your phone and switch to the “general” tab, if needed.
    Tap on the “Security” option.
    Tick the checkbox next to the “Unknown Sources” option.
    Confirm the warning message by tapping on “OK”.

Thanks, however this isn't actually working. The app install screen opens and the option to "Install" is displayed but tapping it does nothing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

I'm the one having the problem..I've already done the above, doesnt help, and tried turning that option on/off and restarting phone..Install BTN still cant be clicekd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

valor wrote: »
    I'm the one having the problem..I've already done the above, doesnt help, and tried turning that option on/off and restarting phone..Install BTN still cant be clicekd

Go to the google security app and turn off the check for apps in the security tab. Also have you tried another apk to rule it our just being a problem with this one?

Not sure what you mean above, what is the google security app? / where do you mean?

I just tested another apk and same thing.

I figured it out - I have a screen dimming app that caused some overlay stopping me from being able to press install. Thanks for help

valor wrote: »
    I figured it out - I have a screen dimming app that caused some overlay stopping me from being able to press install. Thanks for help

Ah yes, I knew I'd seen that somewhere before.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

valor wrote:

Out of curiosity what's the name of the screen dimming app? Just so I know to avoid it.

DanC90 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what's the name of the screen dimming app? Just so I know to avoid it.

All screen dimming apps would have this effect. It's a security feature. Personally, I use an app called twilight, and can't install apps while it's running.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Is there a way to close all running apps, other than swiping one at a time?

• Advertisement

Ranjo wrote: »
    Is there a way to close all running apps, other than swiping one at a time?

Not without root. Although the experts say you shouldn't close all as android does a better job at closing apps when it needs to.

Advertisement