Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Is it unlocked straight from the box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

GeneralC wrote: »
    Is it unlocked straight from the box?

Of course not, Vodafone subsidize the cost of the phone, how would that work for them :D.

If you read the first post it'd provide a link to get the unlock code.

What the hell is a nano sim?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

What the hell is a 'Google'?!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subscriber_identity_module

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

mini-micro-nano-cards.jpg

• Advertisement

Has anyone cut their micro to nano sim size?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

if you have a vodafone sim they migrate your number and can give you a nano sim instead for free with your same number

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

GeneralC wrote:
    Has anyone cut their micro to nano sim size?

Yes there have been a few posts in this thread about that already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Nowso wrote: »
    if you have a vodafone sim they migrate your number and can give you a nano sim instead for free with your same number

That's exactly what they did for me yesterday in one of the Grafton St shops, the new nano sim was activated within minutes, kind of caught me on the hop.

unreg999 wrote: »
    Yes there have been a few posts in this thread about that already

I am with Meteor :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

^ ... so tell Meteor that you got a gift of a new phone that requires a nano-sim. They should move your number to a nano sim without any problem or charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

This phone is reviewed in the review section of today's Irish Independent. The reviewer has given it a a 4 star rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Has anyone tried to peel that Vodafone logo off the back of the phone case? Is it a sticker or what is it? Seems the case has a recess in it and the logo is imbedded into it or am I wrong? I'd love to get rid of it in a clean way because it looks unsightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Does anyone know how to remove the "Data roaming is enabled" notification? I'm on Tesco Mobile and it bugs me to be seeing it up there all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Pov06 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to remove the "Data roaming is enabled" notification? I'm on Tesco Mobile and it bugs me to be seeing it up there all the time.

That's a common issue with the likes of Tesco or 48months who use the O2/Three networks. MVNOs will usually trigger this kind of alert as they are effectively using a "foreign" network.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If it's an adhesive you can probably use a remover solvent to do it, available from hardware shops and the like, but I'd be careful in case it damages the casing.
    Try it on an old crappy plastic first, see who it reacts, literally and figuratively...

I'm going to go for one of these phones too.
    I had a great time with the original Moto G, and for the last 7 months have had a loaner of a Nexus 6, lovely phone but very easy to drop and, with the big stupid case on it, it's a massive slab of a yoke.
    At this price I'd be happy to chance it without a case for the year.
    Getting rid of the logo on the back is an essential though, as is getting it unlocked, Vodafones Sim only plans are an expensive joke, especially compared to Tescomobile and Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Has anyone tried to peel that Vodafone logo off the back of the phone case? Is it a sticker or what is it? Seems the case has a recess in it and the logo is imbedded into it or am I wrong? I'd love to get rid of it in a clean way because it looks unsightly.

Try with a stanley knife? :D

1290_prev.jpg

I don't think it would look any better without it tbh

Picked one up today, genuinely blown away by the size of it! I might end up selling pretty soon because I have small hand syndrome :(

The battery on this thing just won't quit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

corwill wrote: »
    The battery on this thing just won't quit.

God only knows what it'll be like on android m which is meant to vastly improve battery life. I'm getting about 30 hours out of mine at the moment.

• Advertisement

God only knows what it'll be like on android m which is meant to vastly improve battery life. I'm getting about 30 hours out of mine at the moment.

Since I took it off charge at 100% yesterday at 2pm, I've watched about 4 hours of video, listened to another hour of music, 45 min of phonecalls, all audio with Bluetooth headphones, plenty of emails and texts, a good hour or more of surfing the net, half a dozen photos, and I still have 22%. I even torrented about 380 MB over hotel WiFi, just for the craic. No battery saving apps or other cheating.

I'd marry this phone if the law would allow it.

Although I'd be pleasantly surprised if we see a M update from Vodafone for it, given the budget price. Hopefully there'll be a critical mass of owners and dev interest for some custom ROM action. If I end up with M via the likes of cyanogenmod, I'll not be grumbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Picked one up today, genuinely blown away by the size of it! I might end up selling pretty soon because I have small hand syndrome :(

Picked up one Friday but won't have a nano sim till Monday :(. Unlocked though and for the amount I've played with it it seems class. Looking forward to retiring my moto E, possibly the worst phone I've ever owned

As I posted on the thread over on the Android forum, the battery in this yoke just won't quit.

Since I took it off charge at 100% yesterday at 2pm, I've watched about 4 hours of video, listened to another hour of music, 45 min of phonecalls, all audio with Bluetooth headphones, plenty of emails and texts, a good hour or more of surfing the net, half a dozen photos, and I still have 22%. I even torrented about 380 MB over hotel WiFi, just for the craic. No battery saving apps or other cheating.

Although I'd be pleasantly surprised if we see a M update from Vodafone for it, given the budget price. Hopefully there'll be a critical mass of owners and dev interest for some custom ROM action. If I end up with M via the likes of cyanogenmod, I'll not be grumbling.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

How does the camera compare to the likes of a Samsung s4? Similar pixels it seems, but performance and pics etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

corwill wrote: »
    As I posted on the thread over on the Android forum, the battery in this yoke just won't quit.

What's M for the uneducated people on the forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    What's M for the uneducated people on the forum?

"m" is the codename for the next version of Android after lollipop.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

loyatemu wrote: »

This comparisn site says the vodafone does not have 4g LTE
    but the vodafone site says it does.
    Can anyone clarify?

Also, whats the camera like? Does it have an annoying shutter delay?

Zebbedee wrote: »
    This comparisn site says the vodafone does not have 4g LTE
    but the vodafone site says it does.
    Can anyone clarify?

Also, whats the camera like? Does it have an annoying shutter delay?

It has 4g.

Back-facing camera is reasonable, no better. Fair bit of noise in the photos. Shutter speed is decent. An update might help it, I expect it's optimisation rather than the sensor. The front facing camera is actually quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

So did anyone go ahead and get the pack of 10 cases on eBay?

If no one has then I think I'll go ahead and buy a pack and if anyone here wants one I can post them to people so long as you PayPal me a few quid.

If you'd be interested like this post just so I know i'll be able to sell on a few (not thanks whoringi swear)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

robman60 wrote: »
    So did anyone go ahead and get the pack of 10 cases on eBay?

If no one has then I think I'll go ahead and buy a pack and if anyone here wants one I can post them to people so long as you PayPal me a few quid.

If you'd be interested like this post just so I know i'll be able to sell on a few (not thanks whoringi swear)

Yep please PM me and i'll paypal you a few quid for one or two... saves me waiting a month for the other cases from China to come :) Cheers!

Advertisement