Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mcennis

So i bought the phone today, got one of vodaphones 3 size sim cards, none of the sizes would fit the phone? The mirco-sim was too big and the nano seems way too small?

mcennis wrote: »
    So i bought the phone today, got one of vodaphones 3 size sim cards, none of the sizes would fit the phone? The mirco-sim was too big and the nano seems way too small?

Are you trying to put it in the SD card slot? :pac:

No..
    It doesn't fit the bracket. It was too big to fit as a mirco-sim and when I made it small to a nano-sim its too small.

No..
    It doesn't fit the bracket. It was too big to fit as a mirco-sim and when I made it small to a nano-sim its too small.

Well maybe if you provide a photo, someone can help. Not a known issue, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

No..

A nano sim fits in the bracket, if if doesn't flip it over and try again. Sim tray is the one to the right of the screen above the volume buttons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

killanena wrote: »

Looks like the micro SD tray. Reread the last few posts and take it from there.

My mistake and my apologies guys.. You were right it was the SD slot i was trying to insert it in xD
    Thank you for the help. I shouldn't be allowed up this late, or early I should say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Can anyone describe how interruptions works?

I've it set to priority interruptions only during the night but it doesn't seem to make any difference??

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Can anyone describe how interruptions works?

I've it set to priority interruptions only during the night but it doesn't seem to make any difference??

This explains it pretty well

• Advertisement

Can't seem to load that video Frosty??

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Can't seem to load that video Frosty??

Fixed the link.

Cheers, so am I right in saying the only thing you can stop is calls and text messages?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Cheers, so am I right in saying the only thing you can stop is calls and text messages?

Apps can be set in sound and notifications too in the App notification menu.

One of my biggest annoyances with the SU6 was that DND mode stopped alarms as well. That isn't the case with any of my other devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Basil3 wrote: »
    One of my biggest annoyances with the SU6 was that DND mode stopped alarms as well. That isn't the case with any of my other devices.

Yes, but you can use the "DND until next alarm" option to get over this.

Yes, but you can use the "DND until next alarm" option to get over this.

Thanks....didnt even see that option, and not using the SU6 any more!

I didn't see any options in the pull-down, you have to set it elsewhere?

Basil3 wrote: »
    Thanks....didnt even see that option, and not using the SU6 any more!

I didn't see any options in the pull-down, you have to set it elsewhere?

Only appears when an alarm is set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

OK folks i have the phone now. I've got a 48 sim so now where to get the unlock code?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,545 ✭✭✭✭vectra

OK folks i have the phone now. I've got a 48 sim so now where to get the unlock code?

As in post one page one

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/231599542748?clk_rvr_id=1028264029601&rmvSB=true

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Might be worth testing it out first. I tried a Samsung phone bought with Vodafone SIM recently, and it accepted a 48 sim without complaint or needing to be unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Might be worth testing it out first. I tried a Samsung phone bought with Vodafone SIM recently, and it accepted a 48 sim without complaint or needing to be unlocked.

I think you can be assured that a Vodafone branded phone is going to be network locked...

dulpit wrote: »
    I think you can be assured that a Vodafone branded phone is going to be network locked...

Yeah, they are all locked to Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

ok thanks...phone is working perfect....thanks to all

ok thanks...phone is working perfect....thanks to all

Multiple accounts? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

homer911 wrote: »

Hardly fair comparing them to the su6. The two phones released are much cheaper. They should be comparing them to the smart prime 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Hardly fair comparing them to the su6. The two phones released are much cheaper. They should be comparing them to the smart prime 6.

He's not comparing them to the SU6, he's comparing the Prime 7 to the Prime 6. He just says that they set a benchmark with the SU6.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

Anyone else getting a strange error after a recent software update? I'm currently on build number VDF-99NB01-IE_MR02b and when I turn on the phone I cannot input my passcode. The screen has an unlock screen that isn't usually there and when I try to enter my passcode the keypad won't work.
    The only way that I've found to work around this is to open up the dialler from the unlock screen by swiping bottom left corner across, the dialler app then opens and subsequently crashes bringing up a message to say that it isn't working and then I seem to be able to provide input into the phone and everything works fine after that.
    This only after a recent update. Odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

I got a Smart Ultra 6 last week, liking it a lot so far, a big upgrade from my old Lumia 800 :D

Anyway quick question, the battery life was great for the first week, but over the last day or two since a shutdown, which is probably only a coincidence, I've noticed it being a bit more power hungry.
    I checked the battery monitor this morning & it had dropped about >25% in 8 hours, the email app had used 13% of that.

I clicked the "Force Stop" button to see if that would help but it seems to have stopped the email app from working properly, emails are waiting in the outbox to be sent, & the wheel keeps spinning when I request an update/refresh.
    A restart & shutdown hasn't helped & neither has clearing the cache (the warning about apps not functioning correctly doesn't appear unless you go into the app :o )

Any help appreciated.

Screenshot_2016-05-13-09-05-45.png

Screenshot_2016-05-13-09-02-45.png

Screenshot_2016-05-13-09-25-40.png

Advertisement