Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

lolli wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble with my phone. I cant make any calls, its saying no service and when i try ring someone it says my phone is in airplane mode but its not?

Thanks

Did you unlock the phone to use on a different network?
    Are you using the VF apps? Try download a different Phone app?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Alfie1 wrote: »
    I've that enabled now on the phone but my it still won't work with my Bluetooth headset, I guess it's too old. I'll drop into a Vodafone store during the week & see what they have.

I asked in a Vodafone store earlier in the week if any of the Bluetooth headsets they had in stock would work with the SU6, thay said they didn't know which is fair enough. I'll try another store tomorrow to see if they can be of any help.

Can anyone with a SU6 confirm if a Plantronics M70 http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Plantronics-M70-Bluetooth-Headset-Hands-Free-for-Apple-and-other-Smartphones-/361338981198?hash=item54217b4b4e:g:rpsAAOSwcvdXOz8V will let me voice dial ?

I'm guessing yes from this but I'd like it confirmed if possible:
    above link wrote:
    Products Description:
    •Controls calls & music - universal use with Bluetooth enabled phones/devices. Light & comfortable

Works with popular phones (and tablets) - Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Son Xperia, Nokia Lumia HTC, LG, Vodaphone etc etc.

Activates Siri, Google Now and Cortana voice-controlled features smartphone assistants

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭phester28

Price back up to £115

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Been having awful trouble with mine since day 1. Drops coverage completely on a regular basis. Normally hit the airplane mode button, get coverage back, then gone 20 seconds later. If I do have coverage, there is no internet coverage at all. When I'm in my apartment is the only time I get internet and that's as I have it connected to my Wi-Fi.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you remedy it.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Been having awful trouble with mine since day 1. Drops coverage completely on a regular basis. Normally hit the airplane mode button, get coverage back, then gone 20 seconds later. If I do have coverage, there is no internet coverage at all. When I'm in my apartment is the only time I get internet and that's as I have it connected to my Wi-Fi.

Thank you

Id bring it back to the shop if I was you.

Ive my one 10 months without an issues (other than 2 restarts after app's had frozen). Bought my mother one and she hasn't found anything wrong with it in the last month or so which is an achievement in itself!

• Advertisement

Thank you

You're using it on the Vodafone network? If not, you set your APN's up correctly?

Basil3 wrote: »
    You're using it on the Vodafone network? If not, you set your APN's up correctly?

Hi Basil, yes on Vodafone network

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Hi Basil, yes on Vodafone network

Have you an indication that you should have data available? like the 4g in this pic:

vodafone-smart-ultra-6-review6.jpg

neacy69 wrote: »
    Have you an indication that you should have data available? like the 4g in this pic:

vodafone-smart-ultra-6-review6.jpg

Hi Neacy, just looking at my phone now and no indication at all. I've never seen 4G come up on it at all, that would be a dream. At the moment the phone says in top left corner 'No Service - Vodafone IE' and in the right corner the signal indicator is empty. Even when I do get service the signal indicator has an exclamation point on it, indicating no internet I imagine?

Hi Neacy, just looking at my phone now and no indication at all. I've never seen 4G come up on it at all, that would be a dream. At the moment the phone says in top left corner 'No Service - Vodafone IE' and in the right corner the signal indicator is empty. Even when I do get service the signal indicator has an exclamation point on it, indicating no internet I imagine?

have you contact your network provider? Probably the best thing to do or call into a shop....

• Advertisement

have you contact your network provider? Probably the best thing to do or call into a shop....

Hi Neacy. Called in to a shop over the weekend and they replaced the SIM. Coverage is better, but still not getting internet on it fully. Looks like it will have to be sent off for repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hi Neacy. Called in to a shop over the weekend and they replaced the SIM. Coverage is better, but still not getting internet on it fully. Looks like it will have to be sent off for repair.

What do you mean by "fully". Chances are it's just that data roaming is switched off or you don't have mobile networks set to automatic.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    What do you mean by "fully". Chances are it's just that data roaming is switched off or you don't have mobile networks set to automatic.

Hi Jim, by fully, I mean that 75 - 90% of the time I have no internet connection at all.

I brought it into the shop last Thursday. The guy there went through all the settings and the only change he hade was to change the access point from hs.Vodafone.ie to live.vodafone.com It worked for about an hour, then it went back to dropping signal again and no internet connection. I went into the shop again on Saturday and they changed the SIM. Worked for about an hour and then started dropping signal again.

So it looks like now I will have to send it off, which is a proper pain.

Anyone selling a cover (preferably clear silicone or crystal) for these phones?

My hard crystal cover has been cracked in numerous places over the past few months and has finally broken into pieces. I was gonna order from ebay but i cant be bothered waiting 4 weeks from Hong Kong...

My hard crystal cover has been cracked in numerous places over the past few months and has finally broken into pieces. I was gonna order from ebay but i cant be bothered waiting 4 weeks from Hong Kong...

(double post from the other ultra thread)

(double post from the other ultra thread)

Buy one from the UK then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

Hi all was thinking of upgrading to one of these. Im assuming that there will be an Ultra 7? How long until that comes out? I dont want to spend the cash on this phone when it will be outdated soon. Or is 115£ a good price (amazon)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

deadybai wrote: »
    Hi all was thinking of upgrading to one of these. Im assuming that there will be an Ultra 7? How long until that comes out? I dont want to spend the cash on this phone when it will be outdated soon. Or is 115£ a good price (amazon)?

I'd wait since the prime 7 and smart 7 are already out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

I'd wait since the prime 7 and smart 7 are already out.

And how do they compare to this?

OnePlus One and OnePlus X were discounted to 240 & 250.

The OnePlus One is well worth the extra few bob imo.

https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

£99 on amazon again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

There's a guy over on modaco.com just after uploading an unofficial cm12.1 build. Has a few bugs but it looks promising that we might get a fully functional build at some stage.

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/377276-unofficialbetacm121-for-vodafone-smart-ultra/#comment-2274563

A quick Google search brought up http://ie.mobilefun.com/49071/vodafone/smart-ultra-6/cases.htm

Never bought from them, so don't know what they're like.

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭ShiddyArze

Does anyone know how to turn off the sound when you start recording video? I can turn off the shutter sound for the camera all right, but not video camera

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

A quick Google search brought up http://ie.mobilefun.com/49071/vodafone/smart-ultra-6/cases.htm

Never bought from them, so don't know what they're like.

You can get them on ebay for €5.50 inc p/p in 2/4 days. Or from Hong Kong for just €2.00 inc p/p :eek: in 21 days. I got one 2 months ago, and the quality is fine.

Filter item location :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Vodafone turkey have released the Smart Ultra 7 already. It's on their website...... Check it out yourselves. There seems to be a smart Pro 7 with a QHD screen and a smart style 7 version of it to. The new Ultra 7 looks very premium. Looks promising... Hold your horses and don't buy the Ultra 6 just yet, any day now...

VF Smart Ultra 7

It has quick charging hooray!!

I started a new thread so when it eventually comes out people wont be posting about the Smart Ultra 6 and 7 in the one thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99861027

aragorn.png
    Dimensions
    152.2 x 78.12 x 8.68 mm
    Design
    150 g Weight
    Operating System
    Android ™ 6.0, Marshmallow
    Processor
    4x1.8 GHz + 4x1.0 GHz (8 Core) Mediatek processor
    Memory
    16 GB Internal Memory
    Performance
    2 GB RAM
    Display
    5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080)
    IPS technologies in
    Battery
    2950 mAh
    Qualcomm ™ Quick Charge ™ 2.0
    Connection
    GSM / EDGE / 3G / HSPA + / LTE-CAT4U
    Camera
    13MP rear, 5 MP front camera
    Geotagging
    Face Detection
    HDR
    Other features
    WiFi b / g / n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS, NFC, HD Audio
    Box Contents
    Vodafone Smart Ultra 7,
    Charger,
    USB Cable, Headset
    Quick Start Guide,
    Product Safety Information,
    Mobile Phone User's Guide

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

So after 9 months my Phone has started to cause me trouble. Is it still under warranty? Parts if the screen are not detecting touch. While typing its a pain.
    Can I bring it back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

MRTULES wrote: »
    So after 9 months my Phone has started to cause me trouble. Is it still under warranty? Parts if the screen are not detecting touch. While typing its a pain.
    Can I bring it back?

I had the same problem around the edges of the screen. You could kind of see the sensor on the digitiser, looked like dust under the screen. Got progressively worse until I couldn't press some keys on the keypad. I had bought mine straight from Vodafone got them to send it back for me. Got it back a week later with a new screen. The repair note said faulty screen.

Advertisement