Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

_Puma_ wrote: »
    I had the same problem around the edges of the screen. You could kind of see the sensor on the digitiser, looked like dust under the screen. Got progressively worse until I couldn't press some keys on the keypad. I had bought mine straight from Vodafone got them to send it back for me. Got it back a week later with a new screen. The repair note said faulty screen.

Did you have the phone long at that stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

shame the new smart Ultra 7 has MTK chip in it now - never been a fan in the past especially on the GPS satellite find part - still looks good though

shame the new smart Ultra 7 has MTK chip in it now - never been a fan in the past especially on the GPS satellite find part - still looks good though

The Pro 7 looks good though? Even though it'll be more expensive
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057602860

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Did you have the phone long at that stage?

Ya I'm guessing around 9 months too. Was under a year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Has anyone experienced any issues with the phone? I've had it since xmas and started with problems two weeks ago. The centre (home) button is jamming on randomly, so it keeps exiting out of applications im using.

Also random keyboard letters cannot be pushed. Phone suffered no major damage. Has anyone heard of similar problems or is it just a couple of knocks too many? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

_Puma_ wrote: »
    I had the same problem around the edges of the screen. You could kind of see the sensor on the digitiser, looked like dust under the screen. Got progressively worse until I couldn't press some keys on the keypad. I had bought mine straight from Vodafone got them to send it back for me. Got it back a week later with a new screen. The repair note said faulty screen.

I bought mine in a vodafone shop but unlocked it cause I'm with meteor, cant find the receipt either so I can see trouble ahead.
    Or is that just pessimistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

MRTULES wrote: »
    I bought mine in a vodafone shop but unlocked it cause I'm with meteor, cant find the receipt either so I can see trouble ahead.

They track the warranty be imei number so you shouldn't have a problem. Just take the meteor sim out before going in.

The phone wasn't released 12 months ago either so it couldn't possibly be out of warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭dahat

My wife got her screen replaced, faulty with no receipt and it was unlocked. No issues whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 bigmick1

How do I download adobe flash player?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    There's a guy over on modaco.com just after uploading an unofficial cm12.1 build. Has a few bugs but it looks promising that we might get a fully functional build at some stage.

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/377276-unofficialbetacm121-for-vodafone-smart-ultra/#comment-2274563

on a samsung Galaxy Note I had once I put CM10 on it and that was much better/faster than the stock (4.1 android i think it were) but the bluetooth didnt work for me on CM10 even with the updates.

I think 5.1.1 works pretty good on this SU6 to be honest, i dont really know what benefits to be had putting cm12 on it - i haven even bothered to root my phone again after the 5.1.1 upgrade to be honest im getting on ok with it unrooted, its fast enough and the battery power on standby is great on the stock rom

• Advertisement

bigmick1 wrote: »

From Adobe :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

So after 9 months my Phone has started to cause me trouble. Is it still under warranty? Parts if the screen are not detecting touch. While typing its a pain.
    Can I bring it back?

Having the same issue, have to continually turn it the 90 degrees to be able to press certain numbers etc. Ran the touchpaint test ( dial *#19# ) which shows the areas that can't be selected.

Brought it to the local vodafone shop and they told to back everything up and they will send it off for repair.

Will probably send it for the repair and then look for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Alfie1 wrote: »
    I asked in a Vodafone store earlier in the week if any of the Bluetooth headsets they had in stock would work with the SU6, thay said they didn't know which is fair enough. I'll try another store tomorrow to see if they can be of any help.

Can anyone with a SU6 confirm if a Plantronics M70 http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Plantronics-M70-Bluetooth-Headset-Hands-Free-for-Apple-and-other-Smartphones-/361338981198?hash=item54217b4b4e:g:rpsAAOSwcvdXOz8V will let me voice dial ?

I'm guessing yes from this but I'd like it confirmed if possible:
    Originally Posted by above link

Products Description:
    •Controls calls & music - universal use with Bluetooth enabled phones/devices. Light & comfortable

•Works with popular phones (and tablets) - Apple iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Son Xperia, Nokia Lumia HTC, LG, Vodaphone etc etc.

•Activates Siri, Google Now and Cortana voice-controlled features smartphone assistants

Plantronics M70 Bluetooth headset arrived today, it'll allow me to answer calls & listen to music but it doesn't activate Google Now despite both Vodafone & Plantronics telling me it would work with the SU6, it also doesn't read text messages.

Can anyone with a Bluetooth headset confirm that these features work on the SU6 ?

bigmick1 wrote:

I dont think flash has worked on android since jellybean version has it?

THE ALM wrote:
    Ran the touchpaint test ( dial *#19# ) which shows the areas that can't be selected.

Wow what is this secret code. When I input *#19# on my su6 nothing happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Wow what is this secret code. When I input *#19# on my su6 nothing happens

works for me...although i've no idea what im looking at :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

neacy69 wrote: »
    works for me...although i've no idea what im looking at :)

When you swipe you finger over the screen it should show you if all the blocks are highlighted. In my case there are a few that I cannot touch and I have left me phone in with vodafone to fix.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I dont think flash has worked on android since jellybean version has it?

you can install dolphin browser and it will work on that

Nowso wrote: »
    you can install dolphin browser and it will work on that

ah yes of course, i forgot about that browser - have used it a couple of times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Anyone wondering about rooting the latest firmware. I couldn't get the kingroot apk to work but the desktop version rooted it just fine.
    Not sure if it's permanent root yet as I haven't rebooted :)

• Advertisement

d31b0y wrote: »
    Anyone wondering about rooting the latest firmware. I couldn't get the kingroot apk to work but the desktop version rooted it just fine.
    Not sure if it's permanent root yet as I haven't rebooted :)

thanks for the info, might give it a try. if its not permenant might have to load the special recovery and push superuser through adb.

I had mine rooted before the update and never bothered rooting it after the update, been getting on with ok unrooted personally.

Yeah, I only rooted because I was having battery drain issues (someones work phone not mine) and better battery stats needs root for decent information return.
    Turned out the user hadn't setup an email account correctly and gmail was trying to sync all the time stopping the phone going into deep sleep.

What are the reasons to root the Ultra 6 (apart from the above?)?

How do you get better battery stats for decent information return?

Not sure I get what you mean...
    Better Battery Stats is an app. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

Other than that, if you don't have a specific reason to root your phone, then I wouldn't bother.

But some reasons would be;
    * you can remove bloat vodafone apps with root
    * automation apps like Llama and Tasker can do more
    * Some of the better ad blockers require root

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Started using Muzei for the live wallpapers however the wallpaper seems to be always blurred on the home screen unless ya double tap the screen. From reading up on the Android forums seems to be a feature on ZTE phones. You are supposed to be able to swipe up to adjust the setting but seems you can't on this phone. Anybody have any ideas?

Edit. Never mind was able to find an advanced setting on the Muzei app itself that stops the blur effect

What are the reasons to root the Ultra 6 (apart from the above?)?

How do you get better battery stats for decent information return?

Main reason I root all my phone's for the last few years is Adaway. This blocks ads in your browser's.

Second reason is to install xposed framework. This give you lots of customisation options, apps to enhance performance etc.

Most useful ones I can think of off the the top of my head are

MinMinGuard - to block ads in all apps.
    Youtube adaway - blocks ads in youtube
    Youtube background playback- Allows you to listen to the official youtube app while you use other apps your phone.
    Enhancedtoast - allows you to block toast messages in any app.

Just went bill pay this week from pre-pay and got a Huawei GX8 for €30 in with the bill pay deal. - Amazed got near enough the same specs as the SU6 , exact same CPU, same 480DPI screen , id say its got a better camera with stabilizer takes cracking pictures, but then again I got some corkers with the SU6 too if I kept it steady. - The camera lens is in a better place on the GX8 to me personally, where the camera lens was positioned on the SU6 I found myself sometimes covering the lens with my finger when taking a photo in landscape.

a nice touch on the GX8 its got 32GB internal storage, and 3GB RAM which makes it feel snappier than the SU6 (I think the SU6 has only 2GB RAM hasnt it) and i like the speaker placement better on the GX8 at the bottom edge of phone at least if I have phone on its back the speaker isnt covered. - I have just found a Beta Marshmellow rom on the internet for my GX8 and I am pondering whether to give it a try or not - I still have soft spot for my SU6 had it a few months and found it great though. I suppose if I dont get on with this GX8 for one reason or another I can always go back to using my SU6 , seeing as its unlocked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Just went bill pay this week from pre-pay and got a Huawei GX8 for €30 in with the bill pay deal. - Amazed got near enough the same specs as the SU6 , exact same CPU, same 480DPI screen , id say its got a better camera with stabilizer takes cracking pictures, but then again I got some corkers with the SU6 too if I kept it steady. - The camera lens is in a better place on the GX8 to me personally, where the camera lens was positioned on the SU6 I found myself sometimes covering the lens with my finger when taking a photo in landscape.

a nice touch on the GX8 its got 32GB internal storage, and 3GB RAM which makes it feel snappier than the SU6 (I think the SU6 has only 2GB RAM hasnt it) and i like the speaker placement better on the GX8 at the bottom edge of phone at least if I have phone on its back the speaker isnt covered. - I have just found a Beta Marshmellow rom on the internet for my GX8 and I am pondering whether to give it a try or not - I still have soft spot for my SU6 had it a few months and found it great though. I suppose if I dont get on with this GX8 for one reason or another I can always go back to using my SU6 , seeing as its unlocked :)

I'd be reluctant to buy a phone which has a similar spec to the one I had before. Its a very small upgrade over the ultra 6, the extra 1gb ram is nice but then I never had an issue with 2gbs.
    The gx8 is a really nice looking phone though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Is anyone else getting this notification today:

System Updates:
    Auto-update:click to update

I don't recall similar notification with previous system updates, so I'm wondering if it is kosher? I haven't installed any funny apps recently, and I'm not rooted - so I'm not sure what else it might be.

• Advertisement

Is anyone else getting this notification today:

System Updates:
    Auto-update:click to update

I don't recall similar notification with previous system updates, so I'm wondering if it is kosher? I haven't installed any funny apps recently, and I'm not rooted - so I'm not sure what else it might be.
    What does it say when you press download? It should show a change log. Don't worry about it installing because you would have to confirm that after. What size is the update?

Advertisement