Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Overall, this phone is amazing value at 170e in comparison to the like of the Galaxy/iPhone. The screen quality is a lot better than I expected, it's sharp and crisp. Overall speed/performance is also excellent, no lag and all runs very fluidly. The design is pretty basic, it won't win 'sexiest phone of the year' or anything, but it's certainly not ugly.

My only gripe is the size, which should have been no shock to me as I knew it had a 5.5" display. I have small hands so it's kinda annoying to use if you do a lot of texting etc, and that is the only reason why I may sell it over the next week or so - unless my hands grow of course!

If you're still on the fence about buying one of these phones, and don't have small hands like myself, I would highly recommend buying one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

How long does it take to charge your phone??

I bought a 2 metre cable on adverts and it's very slow to charge the phone... maybe 20% in 1 hour... Think i'll just go back to using the charger from the box! Battery life is unbelievable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

robman60 wrote: »
    So did anyone go ahead and get the pack of 10 cases on eBay?

If no one has then I think I'll go ahead and buy a pack and if anyone here wants one I can post them to people so long as you PayPal me a few quid.

If you'd be interested like this post just so I know i'll be able to sell on a few (not thanks whoringi swear)

I'll take a purple one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

I've ordered the 10 pack of cases from eBay. Rizee and PurplePrincess will get priority choice on colours after I pick two for myself! PM me if you're interested in getting one from me and I'll message you once they arrive with the colours still available. First come, first served obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

rizzee wrote: »
    How long does it take to charge your phone??

I bought a 2 metre cable on adverts and it's very slow to charge the phone... maybe 20% in 1 hour... Think i'll just go back to using the charger from the box! Battery life is unbelievable though.

The longer the cable, the slower the charging. And especially if it was a cheap cable, the charging time will be affected more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

corwill wrote: »
    As I posted on the thread over on the Android forum, the battery in this yoke just won't quit.

Since I took it off charge at 100% yesterday at 2pm, I've watched about 4 hours of video, listened to another hour of music, 45 min of phonecalls, all audio with Bluetooth headphones, plenty of emails and texts, a good hour or more of surfing the net, half a dozen photos, and I still have 22%. I even torrented about 380 MB over hotel WiFi, just for the craic. No battery saving apps or other cheating.

I'd marry this phone if the law would allow it.

Although I'd be pleasantly surprised if we see a M update from Vodafone for it, given the budget price. Hopefully there'll be a critical mass of owners and dev interest for some custom ROM action. If I end up with M via the likes of cyanogenmod, I'll not be grumbling.

What do you use to torrent?

The longer the cable, the slower the charging. And especially if it was a cheap cable, the charging time will be affected more.

Didn't know that, thanks.

I went back to the original charger and 1-1.5hr later it was 100%. Bloody love this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

What do you use to torrent?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.utorrent.client - for all of your entirely legitimate p2p filesharing needs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Im sure this phone will get the last iteration of lollipop. Not sure what Vodafone are like for keeping their own brand phones up to date. I would expect this to get abit of special treatment though since its their high end phone. Nice to think it would be getting M though.

Didn't the smart 4 turbo get an update from jellybean to KitKat?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Yeah I did... Waiting for them to arrive!

Have a few Ppl waiting to buy off me too lol

• Advertisement

Were there any updates to the phone since anyone here took it out of the box?

I asked in the ask Vodafone forum and the girl said that you don't need to be on VF to get system updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,905 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What status are people getting on the tracker?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Sold out online.
    Is it available in-store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

mathie wrote: »
    Sold out online.

Stock of this phone is low to non existent atm. Been waiting a bit to try and get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Sold out online.

I picked up one in the Donaghmede store on Friday. They had got 8 in that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

bajer101 wrote: »
    I picked up one in the Donaghmede store on Friday. They had got 8 in that day.

Grafton Street got 11 on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

I ordered one on line Thursday arrived this morning by the postman not a courier

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Nope nothing here

It'll probably be months before it gets any updates. Its pretty stable at the minute, google maps did force close on me a few times during navigation and the camera needs some fine tuning.

• Advertisement

Just arrived also.

Wow, Its some size of a phone, even coming from a G2 which has a 5.2 inch screen this phone is a good but longer and wider.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

How do you open the SIM card slot?
    Pin in the hole? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

What status are people getting on the tracker?

Mine still says being processed, ordered Thursday at 1 o clock. Complete joke...

Cool that the double tap to wake the screen is working on this, I couldn't be without that these days.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

There are 2 left in stillorgan.

Cool that the double tap to wake the screen is working on this, I couldn't be without that these days.

I disabled it, I found my phones wakes up now and again in my pocket with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

there's a pin in the box but its iffy. The apple pin is slightly wider and worked better for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

oh, this is good! I do be double tapping my SGS3 all the time.

sweetie wrote: »
    there's a pin in the box but its iffy. The apple pin is slightly wider and worked better for me.

Theres pin in the box behind the warranty I think.

• Advertisement

I disabled it, I found my phones wakes up now and again in my pocket with it.

Were you poking it with something when it was in your pocket? :D

Advertisement