Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

After turning off the phone to charge it quicker but not it won't turn on. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Mr Arrior wrote: »
    After turning off the phone to charge it quicker but not it won't turn on. Any advice?

One long press over 12seconds on the power button and then release and press power button again to turn it on, might work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Anybody rooted and installed an different ROM on this? Any recommendations/ issues? Thinking of giving it a go to try and kick start my NFC option, still not functioning in existing stock ROM.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is Google now working for anyone?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

One long press over 12seconds on the power button and then release and press power button again to turn it on, might work

Got it sorted. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Anybody rooted and installed an different ROM on this? Any recommendations/ issues? Thinking of giving it a go to try and kick start my NFC option, still not functioning in existing stock ROM.

what?

NFC always worked for me on Stock ROM, and after a factory reset it works for my wife on the same phone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

folks, can i block numbers on the 6? geting a dodgy number calling daily and want to block.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

what?

NFC always worked for me on Stock ROM, and after a factory reset it works for my wife on the same phone too.

My NFC was functioning but went on the blink a few weeks ago, won't allow me to select it, option greyed out. Tried a factory reset in android settings and still no solution. I wonder would a hard reset in bootloader menu make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

zweton wrote: »
    folks, can i block numbers on the 6? geting a dodgy number calling daily and want to block.

i should imagine you should be able to do it with stock android dialer but if not I use true phone dialer and contacts by hamster beat on play store, i like that better than stock dialer , and you can add numbers to a blacklist on that app

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Is Google now working for anyone?

Usually, yes: right now, no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

zweton wrote: »

Calls Blacklist - Call Blocker App is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭raddo

Hey all, I have the SU6 since last November and have been very happy with it up until recently.
    I am getting "ghost" presses, the phone will go back to the last page or will drag down the notification bar. Also while I am typing it doesn't recognise the letter "y" on the keyboard sometimes.
    Is anyone else getting these issues??

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ciara1052

raddo wrote: »
    Hey all, I have the SU6 since last November and have been very happy with it up until recently.
    I am getting "ghost" presses, the phone will go back to the last page or will drag down the notification bar. Also while I am typing it doesn't recognise the letter "y" on the keyboard sometimes.
    Is anyone else getting these issues??

I'm having similar issues! I've only had the phone since this February too. Another big concern of mine is that the phone has been really overheating!

If I go back into Vodafone with it will they be able to fix it/replace it seeing as the phone is out of stock online/they're not selling the SU6 anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

ciara1052 wrote: »
    I'm having similar issues! I've only had the phone since this February too. Another big concern of mine is that the phone has been really overheating!

If I go back into Vodafone with it will they be able to fix it/replace it seeing as the phone is out of stock online/they're not selling the SU6 anymore?

Theyll try send it away first, and they probably have stock in some stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

long_b wrote: »
    Usually, yes: right now, no

Think it may be gone since the release off Allo.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

When I make a call I get the options to use the phone app or Skype. Is there any way to add other options to the "complete option using" list,ie Viber or other voip apps. Thanks

jgbyr wrote: »
    When I make a call I get the options to use the phone app or Skype. Is there any way to add other options to the "complete option using" list,ie Viber or other voip apps. Thanks

When you go into the dialer, tap on contacts, then you get the options to call/message on Whatsapp, etc.

Or you could use the Contacts app instead of the Phone/Dialer

When you go into the dialer, tap on contacts, then you get the options to call/message on Whatsapp, etc.

Or you could use the Contacts app instead of the Phone/Dialer

Not getting to choose options though. And I've cleared the defaults.

jgbyr wrote: »
    Not getting to choose options though. And I've cleared the defaults.

Where specifically?

In the Contacts app you should have the options, or else your contacts don't have the apps (Viver, Whatsapp) installed.

Where specifically?

In the Contacts app you should have the options, or else your contacts don't have the apps (Viver, Whatsapp) installed.

Thanks. Found that within contacts app if I tap on the image it displays the WhatsApp & Viber call options. Then if I tap on the actual number it offers Skype or the dialler option. Not ideal but I can at least see all the options. I also use another voip app for making landline calls but this doesn't show up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

Is anyone having trouble with Twitter? Seems to be desperately slow - even just opening a sub-tweet or going into notifications can take 5 minutes or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

How/where did you download the Android Pay app? I can never find it in the Play Store.It was my understanding that it's not available in Ireland yet.
    I also tweeted AndroidPay who confirmed that to me.

Ahm in the UK, and it is available wi RBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

La_Gordy wrote: »

I see!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,223 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

La_Gordy wrote: »

Or Nationwide Building Society

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Can someone post a link to a recommended chrome cast for the phone that works well?
    Reasonably priced please!

On a different matter.... Any idea how much data a 2 hour stream would cost?

Thanks!

dedaw wrote: »
    Can someone post a link to a recommended chrome cast for the phone that works well?
    Reasonably priced please!
    All chromecasts will work with this phone. They are a pretty standard price.

dedaw wrote: »
    On a different matter.... Any idea how much data a 2 hour stream would cost?

Thanks!

Depends on your data plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

What's the chance of me getting another replacement phone?

Only have this one 4months and the screen is on the way out again.
    Lovely phone just terrible build quality on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

crasy dash wrote: »

Your warranty runs from the date you bought your original phone I think. Ad in that any repair should have a 3 month warranty again from the date of repair, even if its outside the original warranty date. Dunno how it works with a replacement tho.

not good.

• Advertisement

Bring it in and let us know how you get on. Don't agree to paying for a repair anyway!

Advertisement