Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Anyone any experience of adding/replacing NFC reader on any mobile device, see them cheap on ebay for other devices such as lg? Pretty sure one on this is kaput, did a full wipe/reset with twrp and flashed cyanogenmod but NFC still.not being recognised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Ahm having an issue with the alarm. It sometimes goes off soundlessly meaning I don't wake up and end up late for work! I have the volume set on off, with interruptions for alarms but it only sometimes works. I've tried leaving the volume on high, but still nothing happening, only the vibrate alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JohnJ94

Cracked the screen on my phone. I'd like to fix it but from what I've seen online it's quite difficult. Would I be better off bringing it into a shop or say feck it and buy a replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Bring it in and let us know how you get on. Don't agree to paying for a repair anyway!

Sorry for late reply have it sent off as of today so I should have some feedback by next week will update when I get a call from the shop.

Anyone have a link to an update cynagonmod rom? Im usinf one last updated in June but can be quite laggy at times and also forces phone tp freeze occasionally. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Anyone have a link to an update cynagonmod rom? Im usinf one last updated in June but can be quite laggy at times and also forces phone tp freeze occasionally. Thanks

Just installed this today after rading your post.

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/377276-port-rom-unofficialrc2cm121-for-vodafone-smart-ultra/

Seems fast. Can't see any lags. Bought the pixel theme for CM12 today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

Dropped mine down the toilet. Dried it for a few days. It turns on and looks fine but the touchscreen is completely goosed, no cracks just unreaponsive can't unlock the phone at all or answer calls.

Could this be fixed? How much is a replacement touchscreen?

If cant be fixed, how could I get all my pics off the phone memory?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I'd say the phone is goosed head wreck.

The photos are probably backed up in your Google account, have you checked there?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Head Wreck

Tyson Fury wrote:
    I'd say the phone is goosed head wreck.

Tyson Fury wrote:
    The photos are probably backed up in your Google account, have you checked there?

But it turns on and even rings, just no screen? It would kill me to replace it as I'd probably buy the exact same phone again.

No, none of my stuff is on Google, I didn't ever sync them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Have you tried connecting it to a computer to get the photos that way.

• Advertisement

Just installed this today after rading your post.

http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/377276-port-rom-unofficialrc2cm121-for-vodafone-smart-ultra/

Seems fast. Can't see any lags. Bought the pixel theme for CM12 today.

Yeah im running CM12.1, its grand most of time bar previously mentioned issues. Might try link you posted although quite possibly same as my own, cheers. Here is link to one I used.
    http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/377679-which-rom-do-you-use/

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

Anyone any idea how to forward a txt message to multiple recipients? When I hold down button on a txt the menu comes up as normal, so I select forward, but in the contacts menu their is no option to tick separate contacts. When I select a contact I can't select any more. I don't see anything in settings to change it. All help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Bring it in and let us know how you get on. Don't agree to paying for a repair anyway!

Quick update got a call yesterday the phone was back from repair and ready for me.
    In the job description it says Faulty mechanical component replaced no fee , fault repaired same phone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

I don't use WiFi much anymore, at home i struggle to get 2mb, even on a good day. I've 20gb of 4g so use that.
    I've noticed tho that anytime I use the WiFi at home the cast screen icon appears and I can't turn it off. Its not doing anything or causing any problems, its just annoying me lol. If I click the X to clear it nothing happens.
    Any ideas on how to clear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Did anyone manage to order this from Vodafone UK shop? I am trying to order the SU7 but it wont go through as my parcel motel address doesn't match the billing address on my revolut card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Did anyone manage to order this from Vodafone UK shop? I am trying to order the SU7 but it wont go through as my parcel motel address doesn't match the billing address on my revolut card.

I rang up Vodafone UK to see if I could get around the issue. They said what I was trying to do was fraud!:pac: Anyway I think i'll give up doesn't look like I can order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I rang up Vodafone UK to see if I could get around the issue. They said what I was trying to do was fraud!:pac: Anyway I think i'll give up doesn't look like I can order it.

You're better off with a Moto G imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Dropped mine last week, and the screen is cracked. Overall, the performance is slow at times so am gonna get a new phone. Havent a clue what type though.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Can anyone help
    I had to reset my phone and since then I've been unable to tether.

My kindle and laptop both see the phone and say signal is excellent, but the yellow ! Is in the WiFi signal icon and it says no Internet connect available

It worked perfect up until I reset phone

I'm on the id network

Can anyone help

My kindle and laptop both see the phone and say signal is excellent, but the yellow ! Is in the WiFi signal icon and it says no Internet connect available

I'm on the id network

It's OK I fixed it. By deleting the 2nd apn that was stored. Sorry

• Advertisement

Can anyone help

I'm on the id network

Out of curiosity, what network are you on? Are you allowed tether?

I'm on ID
    Prepay 20gb
    Necer had an issue so I assume so. I've always done it, meteor and three networks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I've tethered on the SU6 on Voda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

hey i smashed the screen on this and didnt have the phone backed up. Im abroad so not even sure if i get this fixed need a new phone anyways.

the pc doesnt recognize it and i read online i needed to have certain settings on. i have contacts, pics and videos on it, is my only option getting the screen fixed? i downloaded a usb driver but it didnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

madma wrote: »
    hey i smashed the screen on this and didnt have the phone backed up. Im abroad so not even sure if i get this fixed need a new phone anyways.

the pc doesnt recognize it and i read online i needed to have certain settings on. i have contacts, pics and videos on it, is my only option getting the screen fixed? i downloaded a usb driver but it didnt work
    Have you tried logging in to your Google account from a PC? Had you Google photos backup turned on?

long_b wrote: »
    Have you tried logging in to your Google account from a PC? Had you Google photos backup turned on?

im not sure what settings were on probably nothing, it was a rookie mistake not backing it up, i thought any phone would read off a usb to open the devices files had no idea that it wouldnt work. pics etc are just from the phone havent used google to backup pics, thanks for the reply anyway.

madma wrote: »

Download Android File Transfer to your PC, install it and try connecting your phone then

Download Android File Transfer to your PC, install it and try connecting your phone then

hey just got the program and tried but just says about driver issue again. thanks for posting it was worth a shot. only thing i can do at this stage is too see if somewhere can fix the screen so i can access everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Apologies if this was already covered, but haven't been able to locate it in the thread as yet.

Basically, it seems adding an SD card with this phone is pointless. You can't install apps to it or other downloads such as movies. Is there a workaround for this, or am I stuck with it as it 16gb or having to buy a bigger memory phone.

I'm not too familiar with rooting etc, has anyone managed solve this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

givyjoe wrote: »
    Apologies if this was already covered, but haven't been able to locate it in the thread as yet.

Basically, it seems adding an SD card with this phone is pointless. You can't install apps to it or other downloads such as movies. Is there a workaround for this, or am I stuck with it as it 16gb or having to buy a bigger memory phone.

I'm not too familiar with rooting etc, has anyone managed solve this problem?

I have installed apps on my SD Card and have films on it too. Didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary. What's happening when you try to install to SD card?

Advertisement