Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

zerks wrote:
    Not sure if this is the right thread but both me and the missus have the VF Smart Ultra. The weird thing lately is that anything I Google on the laptop is showing up on her phone. Any ideas how this is happening all of a sudden and how to change it?

Just tried it on the Mrs SU6. 28mb down 10 up.

I have 40/10 but streaming 4k amazon video during test so probably about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just tried it on the Mrs SU6. 28mb down 10 up.

I have 40/10 but streaming 4k amazon video during test so probably about right.

Cheers,
    Just checked it again, 18 up and 10 down on the SU6, 38 up and 10 down on the android TV box. The kids lenovo tablet and my wife's s4mini are all roughly the same as the TV box.
    Strange one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

I have this phone coming up to close a year now. It's starting to crash a lot, particularly Google, with the regular notification displaying 'Launcher3 has stopped working'. It also constantly tells me that there is a network error when I go to look for software updates.

I am thinking of bringing the handset into the Vodafone shop and seeing what they have to say, but I doubt anything can be done at this stage. A bit disappointed that I did not get longer out of it without any issues, as I don't change phones very often and expect at least two years at a minimum out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

I have this phone coming up to close a year now. It's starting to crash a lot, particularly Google, with the regular notification displaying 'Launcher3 has stopped working'. It also constantly tells me that there is a network error when I go to look for software updates.

I am thinking of bringing the handset into the Vodafone shop and seeing what they have to say, but I doubt anything can be done at this stage. A bit disappointed that I did not get longer out of it without any issues, as I don't change phones very often and expect at least two years at a minimum out of them.

Try installing a different launcher like Google Now or Nova Launcher

long_b wrote: »
    Try installing a different launcher like Google Now or Nova Launcher

Really, you can do that??

Going to give that a shot. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Did you try install the pixel launcher? I'm nearly certain Launcher3 is Pixel launchers code name.

Pixel launcher will run fine once installed as a system app but you need root to do that.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Did you try install the pixel launcher? I'm nearly certain Launcher3 is Pixel launchers code name.

Pixel launcher will run fine once installed as a system app but you need root to do that.

I didn't, no. It does not appear to be in my app list either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Back up your data and do a factory reset, phone will be like new then unless you have a hardware error.
    I have the SU6 over a year and a half now and its been the most reliable device I have owned. I reset the device about 6 months ago as it was lagging a little and its been like new since.

I actually have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 sitting in the box that I haven't used as I'm in no rush to replace my SU6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

just installed a vodafone update there, roughly 30mb. Dont know what it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Im on Three and checked mine for updates and didnt get anything. I presume it an update for their bloatware.... Did anyone else get an update?

• Advertisement

I'm on Meteor and the software update is there for me. Too scared to do the update though as all is going well at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,542 ✭✭✭✭vectra

On tesco
    Software up to date is the message I get.

Im on Three and checked mine for updates and didnt get anything. I presume it an update for their bloatware.... Did anyone else get an update?

I bought mine from Vodafone Uk and unlocked it, currently with three. Installed update earlier today and everything ok so far.

vdf 995NB01 UK09B is the version now listed on my phone.Googled it and some people on a uk thread said a Vodafone rep told them its Marshmallow but it clearly isnt.

I'm on Meteor and the software update is there for me. Too scared to do the update though as all is going well at the minute.
    vectra wrote: »
    On tesco
    Software up to date is the message I get.
    I bought mine from Vodafone Uk and unlocked it, currently with three. Installed update earlier today and everything ok so far.

vdf 995NB01 UK09B is the version now listed on my phone.Googled it and some people on a uk thread said a Vodafone rep told them its Marshmallow but it clearly isnt.

Thanks.

I just asked in the VF forum. Probably hear back on Monday.

If it's just a Vodafone app update they can stick it :)

If it's just a Vodafone app update they can stick it :)

I removed all the bloatware ages ago and still installed update. No sign of any of it returning so far.

Saw on the VF UK forums that its just a fix for issues for an issue with the dialler/3rd party diallers
    We’ve recently been made aware of a software issue affecting customers who have replaced the original dialler on the Vodafone Smart ultra 6 smartphone with a third party calling app. In some instances it may not be possible to make calls using a third party app.

If you have a Vodafone Smart ultra 6 smartphone, a software update will be offered to your device shortly. We advise you to install this software when offered.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Anyone else having their battery drained by Google Play Services?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Has anyone else had trouble switching to Virgin Mobile with this phone? The phone is unlocked, and has worked fine on 48Months for years. I've ported my number and put in the Virgin SIM. It seemed to wipe most, but not all apps off my desktop, though the apps are still installed and still working.

One quite bizarre thing - when I try to phone a landline number that is in my contacts, the phone does a soft reboot, with Vodafone twirly logo. I can phone other landline numbers, not in my contacts, without any problem.

Also, the in-app browser in Facebook doesn't seem to be working - strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I removed all the bloatware ages ago and still installed update. No sign of any of it returning so far.

By bloatware - do you mean all the preinstalled vodafone pish? Mine is an unlocked phone but it still has all that stuff on it that I would love to remove!

• Advertisement

Vodafone are currently testing a new update for the SU6...will release it in the 'coming weeks'

La_Gordy wrote: »
    By bloatware - do you mean all the preinstalled vodafone pish? Mine is an unlocked phone but it still has all that stuff on it that I would love to remove!

yea thats it, you dont need root to uninstall Vodafone stuff, just remove in app settings.

FYI: The Smart Ultra 6 is getting an update to Marshmallow 'in the coming weeks' and is currently being tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

FYI: The Smart Ultra 6 is getting an update to Marshmallow 'in the coming weeks' and is currently being tested.

My update came through yesterday.
    It's not Marshmallow though, just a new version of Lollipop. 5.1.1

Saw on the VF UK forums that its just a fix for issues for an issue with the dialler/3rd party diallers
    Zebbedee wrote: »
    My update came through yesterday.
    It's not Marshmallow though, just a new version of Lollipop. 5.1.1

Agh

giphy.gif

Anyone able to tell me what screen on times they're getting?
    (Settings>Battery>Click on 'Screen' & time on should be there)

Im getting a pretty crap amount of usage from a full charge and want to see if its common for SU6 owners...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Anyone able to tell me what screen on times they're getting?
    (Settings>Battery>Click on 'Screen' & time on should be there)

Im getting a pretty crap amount of usage from a full charge and want to see if its common for SU6 owners...
    I've a screen on time of 3hrs 4min from full charge, 36% left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone able to tell me what screen on times they're getting? (Settings>Battery>Click on 'Screen' & time on should be there)

2h 30m with 32% battery left

Anyone else losing mobile coverage partially or entirely intermittently on theirs. Not sure if its the phone or Tescomobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

sweetie wrote: »

Anyone else losing mobile coverage partially or entirely intermittently on theirs. Not sure if its the phone or Tescomobile.

Yep happens to me on Vodafone. On some occasions, last night for example, I checked the time during the night & had no service. Rebooted & signal came back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

sweetie wrote: »
    2h 30m with 32% battery left

Happens to me on both when I was with Vodafone and now with Three. Rebooting does solve it, sometimes turning on airplane mode for a while and turning it back off will do it.

Will post screen usage later on in the day when I run down the battery.

Advertisement