Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

7% Battery Remaining, Screen on Time of 2h38m

Screen is highest battery eater accounting for 22% of total use. Was fairly heavy on Snapchat and Messenger use today though so would normally expect to get longer screen on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Anyone having trouble with there microphone during calls ? people on other end of call saying sound coming from me is very low

• Registered Users Posts: 2 chippy9753

ive unlocked 3 of these phones (ultra 6) with no probs.The headphone jack on one was giving me bother so I brought it back to shop and they sent it for repair.They replaced the logic board so phone came back with new IMEI..i went to guy on ebay I usually use but he could not unlock.i also tried two other seller but no joy.They all say IMEI has been rejected.Has anyone any ideas why it cant be unlocked??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

anywhere still selling this? either a brick an mortar shop or online if needs be
    i've dropped mine for the 1ooth time and the screen finally cracked a little.
    18months it's lasted. no blame on build quality, all the blame on my idiocy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

• Advertisement

thought the spec wasnt as a good as the 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

d31b0y wrote: »
    woodyg wrote: »
    thought the spec wasnt as a good as the 6?

Moto G is probably better...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Spec is almost identical as far as I can tell. Higher cpu clock speed in the 7. And newer version of Android.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/vodafone_smart_ultra_7-8163.php
    http://www.gsmarena.com/vodafone_smart_ultra_6-7313.php

Although, in my mind, there are better budget smart phones if you are willing to branch out a bit. Just check some of the recommendations in this thread; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057438440&page=404

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Needed my old SU6 for a few days but when I powered on it won't go past the Android screen.
    I have factory reset and wipe data etc and still no joy.

Any ideas on why this has happened?

Also can a charging port be taken from one SU6 and put in another? My son's SU6 port is giving trouble and im wondering can a phone repair shop do this cheaply?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mjp

Have the update pending for last 3 weeks but haven't done it in case any issues showing. Has it improved performance for others or should I stay with current version till all bugs sorted and fixes are carried out?

• Advertisement

mjp wrote: »
    Have the update pending for last 3 weeks but haven't done it in case any issues showing. Has it improved performance for others or should I stay with current version till all bugs sorted and fixes are carried out?

its just a fix for issues for an issue with the dialler/3rd party diallers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just after receiving a notification for an update to Marshmallow on my ultra anybody install it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

crasy dash wrote: »
    Just after receiving a notification for an update to Marshmallow on my ultra anybody install it yet?

running the download at the minute so will see how it goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,542 ✭✭✭✭vectra

THE ALM wrote: »

I just checked mine and it says software up to date :confused:

Update applied and now running 6.01, seems to have went ok although will see how it goes thoughout the day. Wiped cache after install and rebooted.

All apps updated and phone back to how it was before update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

@ vectra Im on vodafone with the phone so they are probably just beginning to roll out the update i know another person with the phone that has not got the update notification yet .

Ill wait a day or two before i update incase there is any bugs that arise after a few days of being installed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,542 ✭✭✭✭vectra

@ vectra Im on vodafone with the phone so they are probably just beginning to roll out the update i know another person with the phone that has not got the update notification yet .

Ill wait a day or two before i update incase there is any bugs that arise after a few days of being installed

That's probably it alright.
    I am not on voda.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Must say this is a pleasant surprise. Wouldn't have expected an OS upgrade on such a cheap handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Still rocking 5.1.1

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

THE ALM wrote: »

What network are you on?

Im on Three and its not available...wondering if Ill have to put in a Vodafone sim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

Would I get the update if I have no sim in the phone just on wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

As long as you have an internet connection you will get the update. Having no sim in or being on a different network wouldn't come into it. The update gets pushed to the device rather than the sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Since updating;does anyone else have a white spot beside the Vodafone IE at the top of screen? It kind of looks like a notification.

Edit: It's okay. I figured it out. One if my own apps

the ultra 7 doesnt seem to have nfc chip ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

woodyg wrote: »
    the ultra 7 doesnt seem to have nfc chip ?

it does have nfc

Nowso wrote: »
    it does have nfc
    nice. couldn't find it listed in the spec but saw it in the prime

Anyone who updated notice any new features?

Anyone who updated notice any new features?

No great change from 5.1. My battery life had dropped somewhat although upgrading seems to have sorted that out, wiping the cache etc after install may have helped this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Installed Marshmallow update there this morning, all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭touts

Update popped up on my phone this morning. Is the general concensus from the people who got the update already that it is OK to install it.

Advertisement