Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

jaffaD wrote: »
    Is this phone available anywhere else online? Has been out of stock on Vodafone website for a few days now

You might be better off trying the shops out of town.
    Got mine in stillorgan on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

Will there be a white version available, also I thought that after opening box is it not possible to return it for refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Liquidus wrote: »
    Will there be a white version available, also I thought that after opening box is it not possible to return it for refund?

They have silver ones in the UK store, so I imagine they'll arrive here soon.

vodafone-smart-ultra-6-011.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

corwill wrote: »

Just got my dispatch email for this. A little sooner than expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I'd say it won't be long before similar spec phones around this price appear from 02 and Meteor etc, capitalism etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I'd say it won't be long before similar spec phones around this price appear from 02 and Meteor etc, capitalism etc.

I don't think Meteor will have their own branded handsets any time soon.

Picked up the Smart Ultra yesterday, purchased unlock code from the OP's link at about 4pm today and I'm still waiting.
    I did email the seller at around 6 and he replied within a few minutes saying it was sent to the server so he's just waiting for the code to be returned. Can't fault his customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

corsav6 wrote: »
    I don't think Meteor will have their own branded handsets any time soon.

Picked up the Smart Ultra yesterday, purchased unlock code from the OP's link at about 4pm today and I'm still waiting.
    I did email the seller at around 6 and he replied within a few minutes saying it was sent to the server so he's just waiting for the code to be returned. Can't fault his customer service.

Purchased a code from same link 2 days ago at around 9pm.
    Got reply with code a 1:30am.
    Great service.

CiniO wrote: »
    Purchased a code from same link 2 days ago at around 9pm.
    Got reply with code a 1:30am.
    Great service.

That makes me feel a bit better, he says on eBay that he works until 11pm so I thought there'd be no hope after that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

corsav6 wrote:
    Picked up the Smart Ultra yesterday, purchased unlock code from the OP's link at about 4pm today and I'm still waiting. I did email the seller at around 6 and he replied within a few minutes saying it was sent to the server so he's just waiting for the code to be returned. Can't fault his customer service.

Where did you get the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Just got my dispatch email for this. A little sooner than expected!

Mine is still saying 31/7 for dispatch! Bah!

What color did you go for? I went for Smoke Black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Liquidus wrote: »
    Why do you want to return? If you can't I will consider buying it

Where did you get the phone?

Got it in castlebar, none in stock at 11 but they said call back in an hour after their delivery and they should have some. Went back at 3 and picked it up :)

I got my unlock code about 30 mins ago so happy out for now, just need a case and screen protector and I'm set.

corwill wrote: »
    Mine is still saying 31/7 for dispatch! Bah!

What color did you go for? I went for Smoke Black.

I went for smoke black too. The expected delivery time is still August 4th-8th but I'm hoping that's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cisco92

I bought 2 of these and I'm going to return one to Vodafone.

My girlfriend loves hers - she watches loads of video content so the size is great.

My one hasn't arrived yet - order still being processed and cannot be cancelled.

I'm in Dublin City Centre if anyone wants it - i can leave the entire package completely unopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭54and56

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Having a issue with picking up wifi with phone ..... If i disconnect for whatever reason and try to reconnect i cant, i can see the Signal but it doesn't connect, if i turn on and off flight mode it will then connect, no issue with dropping signal or anything just that initial connection some of the time, anyone experience anything similar? not major issue but bit annoying to have to do. Other than that no issues with handset and v. happy with it.

I had wifi issue somewhat similar to this on old phone i wonder could it be a sim card issue?? hardly seen as you can use wifi without sim

Try turning off Bluetooth. Bluetooth sometimes conflicts with the Wifi signal on phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭farmerval

Got this phone last week and love it so far, but a few small things are bugging me, when finishing a call, if the other person hangs up and then I just press the power button to lock the phone it rings back the person I was speaking to. Can I set the power button to end calls.
    Then because I was unable to get groups in contacts I've downloaded Dialer app which is fine and Next SMS as well because I couldn't text groups in the stock messaging app. Was I missing something in the stock app's? Surely they should have allowed groups in contacts and for sms.
    Also when I'm at it using Dialer means to open the phone to ring someone I have to press, power button, swipe screen, press dialer, then contacts icon if not in recent list, then contact then call, it's a lot of buttons for a call.

Sorry for long message, I love the phone, quick, clear screen, good battery I only really want t for calls, sms, emails and a little browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

farmerval wrote: »
    Also when I'm at it using Dialer means to open the phone to ring someone I have to press, power button, swipe screen, press dialer, then contacts icon if not in recent list, then contact then call, it's a lot of buttons for a call.
    What process did you use on your previous phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Got this phone last week and love it so far, but a few small things are bugging me, when finishing a call, if the other person hangs up and then I just press the power button to lock the phone it rings back the person I was speaking to. Can I set the power button to end calls.

In Accessibility there is an option to use the power button to end calls.

bidiots wrote: »
    What process did you use on your previous phone?
    On Samsug S2, swipe to open, press contacts, swipe contact to make call.

bajer101 wrote: »
    In Accessibility there is an option to use the power button to end calls.

thanks bajer, just ticked the box now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

On Samsug S2, swipe to open, press contacts, swipe contact to make call.
    Did you have to power on your S2? what if a contact was not on recent call list on your s2?
    So it's pretty much the same process I think.
    Plus, there is 'double tap' to wake on this phone, you can set up caller shortcuts, try a different dialer app maybe?

bidiots wrote: »
    Did you have to power on your S2? what if a contact was not on recent call list on your s2?
    So it's pretty much the same process I think.
    Plus, there is 'double tap' to wake on this phone, you can set up caller shortcuts, try a different dialer app maybe?

I've discovered with swipe to open on home screen if I swipe from phone icon in bottom left corner I can go straight into Dialler app with recent calls and contacts listed. Swiping across these makes the call, so handy out!!

Apologies if my queries are silly, I'm far from a tech geek, unlocking thus was a huge leap into the unknown for me, and definitely worth it! Each day with the phone is better and I can see great possibilities with it, so BIG thanks to the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

The double tap to wake the screen is a but dodgy I've found... It only works around 50% of the time, but I have a tempered glass screen on mine so possibly that is the reason why??

Also, one thing I really don't like is that it's so easy to put someone on hold or mute, swipe the notifications drawer down or change settings etc etc with your ear/cheek etc while on a call!
    However, I found this to be a problem with other fones also in the past so maybe its just me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Case Suggestions

Here is another Universal case (make use of gel adhesive pad, no camera or speaker openings)
    http://ie.mobilefun.com/49073/vodafone/smart-ultra-6/covers.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone find the settings changing on the phone? I have my phone on silent for work but occasionally it switches to normal, also keeps turning on interruptions!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Anyone find the settings changing on the phone? I have my phone on silent for work but occasionally it switches to normal, also keeps turning on interruptions!!

Perhaps you're knocking the volume rocker or something like that?

I have found my phone rebooting in my pocket twice now. Not sure if I'm catching the power button or not. Either way its going to be a problem if it continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Perhaps you're knocking the volume rocker or something like that?

Possibly but interruptions isn't in the notification bar so that's definitely switching itself on!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Can I get this unlocked before I swap onto a nano sim or does it need to have a non vodafone nano sim in it to unlock it?

Also when the seller asks for current network does he mean my own network or Vodafone, the network the phone is locked to?

Cheers!

• Advertisement

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Can I get this unlocked before I swap onto a nano sim or does it need to have a non vodafone nano sim in it to unlock it?

You can get the code before getting the sim but you need to put a non Vodafone sim in it to prompt for the unlock code.

Advertisement