Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ExcaliburRisen

I spotted the following case on Aliexpress:

aliexpress.com/item/For-LG-F70-Book-Style-Flip-Cover-High-quality-Real-Leather-Card-Wallet-Case-For-LG/1693472328.html

The URL indicates it's for a LG but the description on the webpage itself says it's for the smart ultra 6. However the photos on the page are definitely not of the smart ultra 6.

I like the look of the case but I think I'll wait to see if this style comes up on Amazon or Ebay soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I spotted the following case on Aliexpress:

aliexpress.com/item/For-LG-F70-Book-Style-Flip-Cover-High-quality-Real-Leather-Card-Wallet-Case-For-LG/1693472328.html

The URL indicates it's for a LG but the description on the webpage itself says it's for the smart ultra 6. However the photos on the page are definitely not of the smart ultra 6.

I like the look of the case but I think I'll wait to see if this style comes up on Amazon or Ebay soon.

I'd ignore the URL it says its a LG Book flip style cover

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

fdevine wrote: »
    Hadn't noticed the difference in button, speaker etc. placement but what I meant was the somewhat generic case I purchased was physically too small to accommodate the phone regardless of ports etc.

Looks like they sent you a case for the ZTE S6 or ZTE S6 LTE rather than the Blade S6+ or the Blade S6 Lux

Anybody seen a case for the ZTE Grand S3 - seems to be quite similar
    VF Ultra 6: 154x77x8.35
    ZTE Grand S3:154x77x9.8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

mikekerry wrote: »
    when I go into \settings and security it just crashes out.
    Anyone know how I can reinstall the firmware?

Try this. It was just posted on XDA Developers but I don't know if anyone has done it yet or if it's even possible.

http://www.ztedevice.com/support/smart_phone/eccd1567-5b37-4f94-b0d9-8000363ff831.html

bajer101 wrote: »
    Try this. It was just posted on XDA Developers but I don't know if anyone has done it yet or if it's even possible.

http://www.ztedevice.com/support/smart_phone/eccd1567-5b37-4f94-b0d9-8000363ff831.html

That's the UK model, here's the link for the Irish one. I have no idea if this is legit or not.

http://www.ztedevice.com/support/smart_phone/e1b72cc8-4cd8-40da-be40-62ed571dfcf1.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Do you not need to unlock the bootloader to flash a ROM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Got my second ZTE cover in the post today. Fits great apart from the volume buttons. Again, quick fix with a Stanley blade and you've a perfect cover. If anyone wants one let me know, one spare. Just using them as a temporary measure til the actual fitted covers come

Do you not need to unlock the bootloader to flash a ROM?

I would assume so. The link to the download says it includes instructions, so maybe it contains the tools to also unlock the bootloader. II'll download it and have a look, but I'd wait until someone over on XDA tries it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

rizzee wrote:
    Got my second ZTE cover in the post today. Fits great apart from the volume buttons. Again, quick fix with a Stanley blade and you've a perfect cover. If anyone wants one let me know, one spare. Just using them as a temporary measure til the actual fitted covers come

I sent you a pm -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Yeah, Nova launcher did the trick! Thanks all!

bajer101 wrote: »
    That's the UK model, here's the link for the Irish one. I have no idea if this is legit or not.

http://www.ztedevice.com/support/smart_phone/e1b72cc8-4cd8-40da-be40-62ed571dfcf1.html
    Link is legit. Just flashed the irish firmware again successfully.

Edit: Thought I may as well try the uk firmware while I'm at it too. Flashed without issue also.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daz76

Hi there, picked up this phone yesterday in Stillorgan. Fantastic phone for the money. Anybody else having issues with led notifications say for missed calls or text etc when phone is locked.:) Went into settings, have Pulse Notification Light turned on. Am I missing something:confused:

Thanks in advance

daz76 wrote: »
    Hi there, picked up this phone yesterday in Stillorgan. Fantastic phone for the money. Anybody else having issues with led notifications say for missed calls or text etc when phone is locked.:) Went into settings, have Pulse Notification Light turned on. Am I missing something:confused:

Thanks in advance

Yeah it's a problem for myself and some others . Hopefully a software update will sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daz76

rizzee wrote: »
    Yeah it's a problem for myself and some others . Hopefully a software update will sort it

Thanks Rizzee,
    I've unlocked the phone to use on the three network, will I still be able to update the phone if/when one becomes available.

daz76 wrote: »
    Thanks Rizzee,
    I've unlocked the phone to use on the three network, will I still be able to update the phone if/when one becomes available.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Being following this thread for a while found this review Smart Ultra 6 Review!: https://youtu.be/G6kSYWyEGoA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Anybody on here know when they will be back in stock online or in Limerick city ringing around all out of stock until tuesday they think:rolleyes:

crasy dash wrote: »
    Anybody on here know when they will be back in stock online or in Limerick city ringing around all out of stock until tuesday they think:rolleyes:

Tuesdays and Fridays are delivery days for most if not all VF stores. Some delivery days they don't have them, I think they have an idea the evening beforehand. Call them and get them to keep you one, be sure to follow up to make sure they don't forget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Tuesdays and Fridays are delivery days for most if not all VF stores. Some delivery days they don't have them, I think they have an idea the evening beforehand. Call them and get them to keep you one, be sure to follow up to make sure they don't forget.

Vodafone are hopeless in this regard.

I was in the Tallaght store yesterday, they didn't have the phone in stock but told me Blanchardstown have 1 in stock. I asked if I could reserve it/pay deposit but they didn't allow me so I go down to Blanchardstown 30 minutes later and they tell me they haven't had any in stock for a few days now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Pov06 wrote: »
    Vodafone are hopeless in this regard.

I was in the Tallaght store yesterday, they didn't have the phone in stock but told me Blanchardstown have 1 in stock. I asked if I could reserve it/pay deposit but they didn't allow me so I go down to Blanchardstown 30 minutes later and they tell me they haven't had any in stock for a few days now...

I've got opposite experience. Went to Vodafone store in Westport 2 weeks ago and asked for one. They said they have none in stock for a while now but they can take my number and let me know when they are in stock.
    Got a missed call from them last week as I could answer so they sent me a text. Gave them a ring later that I could only come to pick up next day and they said they'll hold one for me.
    Came next day and phone was ready with my a stickers with my name on it.
    Great service I must say.

Anyone know how do I get the battery % to the top right corner? I can't find an option to have it there?

I have to pull the notification bar down twice to see what % it is.

Anyone know how do I get the battery % to the top right corner? I can't find an option to have it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

No option built in to this version of lollipop, strangely, but this does the trick - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.kroegerama.android4batpercent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I can't seem to log in to the wi fi in work. It finds it but when I press on the wi fi icon it tries to load the log in page but it won't work. It's fine at home. I see from Google that this is a problem with lollipop, anyone else have this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

I can't seem to log in to the wi fi in work. It finds it but when I press on the wi fi icon it tries to load the log in page but it won't work. It's fine at home. I see from Google that this is a problem with lollipop, anyone else have this problem?

Nope, mine connected first try! Have you tried restarting the phone?

I just downloaded "percent enabler" in the play store works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Pov06 wrote: »
    Nope, mine connected first try! Have you tried restarting the phone?

Tried loads of things, I'm stumped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Settings, Battery, Show battery percentage

• Advertisement

Settings, Battery, Show battery percentage

I don't see it in there. Do you see it in there on this phone?

Advertisement