Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

I don't see it in there. Do you see it in there on this phone?

Scroll to the bottom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Scroll to the bottom?

Still not seeing it. Maybe that app mentioned above removes the option from the menu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Still not seeing it. Maybe that app mentioned above removes the option from the menu?

I'm on my own phone at the minute.. The ultra 6 is my wife's phone, I'll check when she gets home..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

There's no option for showing battery on it. You have to download the app I mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Anybody ordered or have a link to a seller or site for a tempered glass screen protector for the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭PurvesGrundy

Who actually makes this phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Who actually makes this phone?

ZTE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

corwill wrote: »
    No option built in to this version of lollipop, strangely, but this does the trick - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.kroegerama.android4batpercent

Thanks. Its bizarre not to have it already available on the phone.

Settings, Battery, Show battery percentage
    I don't see it in there. Do you see it in there on this phone?
    Scroll to the bottom?
    I'm on my own phone at the minute.. The ultra 6 is my wife's phone, I'll check when she gets home..

Its not on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Power toggles is also very handy. Can put the battery icon top left & also has a customisable pull down menu with lots of useful icons, wifi, network, silence, flash, orientation & many more available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Thanks. Its bizarre not to have it already available on the phone.

I'd say it'll turn up in an update, if we ever get one, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Are people expecting it to appear online again on Tuesday? I have to order one for my aunt once they're back in stock.

robman60 wrote: »
    Are people expecting it to appear online again on Tuesday? I have to order one for my aunt once they're back in stock.

They come online randomly, Tues/Fri are for inshore deliveries. Try at around 12 everyday or just click the notify me when stock is online (but buy immediately as they go out of stock fast).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anyone know if this is in stock anywhere at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is in stock anywhere at the moment?

I'll know in an hour or less.

what part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm looking for one too, online preferably

I'm looking for one too, online preferably

what happens if you try to order it online?

what happens if you try to order it online?
    Can't add it to my basket, just an option 'notify when in stock'

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

crasy dash wrote: »
    Anybody ordered or have a link to a seller or site for a tempered glass screen protector for the phone?

See this one
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Magic-Glass-Protector-Pantalla-Cristal-Templado-Alcatel-Vodafone-Smart-ULTRA-6-/351461639668?hash=item51d4bf05f4

However the picture looks remarkable like an iPhone 6+ (could be they have just re-badged the product) I have seen some advice to use iPhone 6 glass (but is not an exact fit). Perhaps a solution is to use screen protector for a few weeks and get tempered glass when they become available.
    eg
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/3x-Vikuiti-DQCT130-screen-protector-from-3M-for-Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6-/361342708937?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5421b42cc9

Let us know how you get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Alancillhill

Hi All
    I was looking at getting a Nexus 6 or similar to upgrade by S4 until I saw this thread...

Looks like a good deal... is it a case with this cheaper phone that when its loaded with apps it might get sluggish unlike top models ?

Hi All
    I was looking at getting a Nexus 6 or similar to upgrade by S4 until I saw this thread...

Looks like a good deal... is it a case with this cheaper phone that when its loaded with apps it might get sluggish unlike top models ?
    Hardware wise it looks solid. But perhaps more importantly it seems to have almost stock Android so should be fine when compared with a Samsung etc. of similar hardware spec.)

I haven't managed to get one yet though so don't take my word for it

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Anyone having trouble getting Linux Mint to recognise the Ultra 6 as a storage device? It's charging but not recognised as storage...

lol, I'd say the number of people who

a. have this phone
    b. use Linux
    c. use mint

is you

lol, I'd say the number of people who

a. have this phone
    b. use Linux
    c. use mint

is you

:D True!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Anyone having trouble getting Linux Mint to recognise the Ultra 6 as a storage device? It's charging but not recognised as storage...

What you need to do is search on how to enable MTP support on Mint.

Have a read at this thread: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=156620

Apparently MTP support should be built into Mint at this stage but you may have the packages removed for one reason or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Android is based on Linux as far as I know therefore compatibility with mint or any other version of linux should be A1 lol

Thanks StereoSound. I've tricked around with a few of the options in the link you provided but no dice yet.
    Am using a WiFi file transfer app til I get it properly sorted
    Android is based on Linux as far as I know therefore compatibility with mint or any other version of linux should be A1 lol
    Yeah, you'd think ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Thanks StereoSound. I've tricked around with a few of the options in the link you provided but no dice yet.
    Am using a WiFi file transfer app til I get it properly sorted

Yeah, you'd think ;-)

Does the phone appear as a storage device on a Windows machine? Have you set the phone to MTP in Settings, Storage and then click the three dots on the top right and select MTP?

• Advertisement

bajer101 wrote: »
    Does the phone appear as a storage device on a Windows machine? Have you set the phone to MTP in Settings, Storage and then click the three dots on the top right and select MTP?

BINGO! There it is! Thanks a million bajer101!

Advertisement