Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Did anyoen figure out from the OP, how to remove the vodafone boot logo. When i try to remove the boot zip it complains that not allowed / denied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Did anyoen figure out from the OP, how to remove the vodafone boot logo. When i try to remove the boot zip it complains that not allowed / denied

Will only work when rooted. Kingroot can mess with your phone though as i found out so your best off leave it where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Will only work when rooted. Kingroot can mess with your phone though as i found out so your best off leave it where it is.

Good stuff, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

I don't seem to be able to select a different lock screen wallpaper from my main wallpaper, in previous androids I've been able to have a separate wallpaper for lock and home screen, anyone sort this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

what damage is caused by kingroot?

• Advertisement

Liquidus wrote: »
    what damage is caused by kingroot?

My phone was crashing here and there after I rooted. Reflashed stock and no problems since so I dunno exactly what it does but it messed something up. I mentioned early in the thread that they send your imei to a Chinese server which is questionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

Casshern88 wrote: »
    I don't seem to be able to select a different lock screen wallpaper from my main wallpaper, in previous androids I've been able to have a separate wallpaper for lock and home screen, anyone sort this?

What have been your previous Android phones? This is not a feature of stock Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

lol, I'd say the number of people who

a. have this phone
    b. use Linux
    c. use mint

is you

"you" isn't a number :D

ongarite wrote: »
    What have been your previous Android phones? This is not a feature of stock Android.

Ah right i have used asus tablets , and Samsung s2 & s4 toutchwiz and CM11 didnt realise this wasnt a stock feature, pity I've gotten used too having two different wallpapers.

Hi All
    I was looking at getting a Nexus 6 or similar to upgrade by S4 until I saw this thread...

Looks like a good deal... is it a case with this cheaper phone that when its loaded with apps it might get sluggish unlike top models ?

I got this phone over a week ago i was coming from a Samsung s4, this is defiantly an upgrade from my s4 and i was running CM11 ROM on that.

I have had no issues with apps, have 40+ apps on this no prob, runs all ok , haven't experienced any problems even with gaming apps ive tried. i was actually considering splashing out on a second hand note 4 before i seen this thread, glad i saved my money now for the price this phone does everything i need and does it well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Casshern88 wrote: »
    Ah right i have used asus tablets , and Samsung s2 & s4 toutchwiz and CM11 didnt realise this wasnt a stock feature, pity I've gotten used too having two different wallpapers.
    Does Zedge not do this for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Did anybody receive their ten pack of covers yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

rizzee wrote: »

No I haven't yet and I ordered after you. Don't want to start using it until they arrive tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

I didnt order them. I'm waiting on 2 people on here to receive theirs so I can grab some off them :) should be this week anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Unfortunately I've noticed that the carrier name has created burn in on top of my status bar. In fact the complete status bar has created burn in.Hmmmm this is a shame.

Swipe down on your home screens to show your toggles and see if your status bar is faintly visible. Only had this phone two weeks. I'm disappointed.

Unfortunately I've noticed that the carrier name has created burn in on top of my status bar. In fact the complete status bar has created burn in.Hmmmm this is a shame.

Swipe down on your home screens to show your toggles and see if your status bar is faintly visible. Only had this phone two weeks. I'm disappointed.
    No such problems here. I'd bring it back and try get a replacement.

No such problems here. I'd bring it back and try get a replacement.

'Meteor' is burned in.... They may refused to replace the phone since I unlocked it. To be honest its not catastrophic as the status bar is there 95% of the time so it may not bother me much at all. I am disappointed but look I can live with it. I didn't pay a shed load of money for this. If it were a €600 handset I'd have a different opinion. There is a color inversion in accessability settings and I'm running it now to see if it could possibly reverse the burn in.

'Meteor' is burned in.... They may refused to replace the phone since I unlocked it. To be honest its not catastrophic as the status bar is there 95% of the time so it may not bother me much at all. I am disappointed but look I can live with it. I didn't pay a shed load of money for this. If it were a €600 handset I'd have a different opinion. There is a color inversion in access ability settings and I'm running it now to see if it could possible reverse the burn in.
    Unlocking doesn't void the warranty but rooting probably would. If you have though you can just flash the facrltory image on it again before dropping it in.

Unlocking doesn't void the warranty but rooting probably would. If you have though you can just flash the facrltory image on it again before dropping it in.

I didn't root it anyways. I'd have to get the replacement unlocked again. Pain in the balls like if I go down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

lol, I'd say the number of people who

a. have this phone
    b. use Linux
    c. use mint

is you

Hehe. Funny enough, I'm one and my son is looking at this phone so I came in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

The guys in the vodafone shop told me that unlocking voids warranty too.

Zebbedee wrote: »
    The guys in the vodafone shop told me that unlocking voids warranty too.
    Not by code. If you had done it via software then maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭farmerval

Sorry for coming in here again and asking silly questions, but during a call my ear seems to change settings, turns on speaker, screen brightness etc, is there a proximity sensor I can set to prevent this?

farmerval wrote: »
    Sorry for coming in here again and asking silly questions, but during a call my ear seems to change settings, turns on speaker, screen brightness etc, is there a proximity sensor I can set to prevent this?

There's one to the right of the front camera. Its should knock the screen off when its up to your ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

please do I like the look of that alot

Another twist to my screen burn in issue. I used the screen inversion setting in accessibility settings for the past few hours and now my burn in seems to be 75-80% gone....wasn't expecting that at all. Ill run it in inversion mode for my usage for all of tuesday and see if it goes 100%. I guess maybe I caught this issue before it did too much permanent damage. I'm going to use a full screen browser to hide the status bar to prevent it coming back again. My on screen time is mostly browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

crasy dash wrote: »
    please do I like the look of that alot

Will do....Its free delivery tru parcel-motel..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

rizzee wrote:

Nope & I think I was the first to order!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

There's one to the right of the front camera. Its should knock the screen off when its up to your ear.

I have the same problem & it's doing my head in! Should this sensor be visible & do I have to do anything to 'activate' it during a call?
    Thanks

Advertisement