Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

How ? I can't find it.

Hmmm good point, do you have the chromecast app installed?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

Anyone know how to rearrange/change the items in the notification bar eg switch locations between BT and Wi-Fi or add in new shortcuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Same happened to me, I have no chromecast or anything like that. installed it the day i got the phone, and got the same message about mircast

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

rizzee wrote: »
    Anyone know how to rearrange/change the items in the notification bar eg switch locations between BT and Wi-Fi or add in new shortcuts?

Power toggles

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

I never have a problem with Linux Mint recognising my android device.
    I use Cinnamon on a Acer Aspire, XFCE on a Dell pc and LMDE on a macbook pro, and never have a problem with android devices be they HTC, Motorola or Samsung.

If you're device is being recognised as a storage device - on your phone, open Settings, 3-dot menu in top right, then USB computer connection, and make sure it's on MTP.
    bajer101 wrote: »
    Does the phone appear as a storage device on a Windows machine? Have you set the phone to MTP in Settings, Storage and then click the three dots on the top right and select MTP?

Yeah, thanks for that. Bajer101 sorted me out with that one earlier. Nothing to do with Linux Mint in the end (didn't have a Windows machine to try out at the time I posted my problem), so I'm guessing it would've been the same if I had.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Nope. Ive a firestick on the tv in the room but no app on the phone.
    Would that make a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Not sure if this is a stupid question but I'll fire ahead anyways.

Does this have the USB OTG compatibility, or is that universal at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Does anyone use the Google camera app instead of the built in camera app? As far as I can see the provided camera app is the same as the ZTE one. Took about 20 photos in Stephens green this morning and most of them are rubbish to be honest. Over exposed and fuzzy/poor focus here and there. Up close photos are OK but landscape pics are really nothing to write home about. Parts of the photo are too bright compared to the rest of the photo. Tree trunks look kinda red and not natural. Isn't this a Sony lense? This phone needs abit up updating and hopfully Vodafone will do it soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Does anyone use the Google camera app instead of the built in camera app? As far as I can see the provided camera app is the same as the ZTE one. Took about 20 photos in Stephens green this morning and most of them are rubbish to be honest. Over exposed and fuzzy/poor focus here and there. Up close photos are OK but landscape pics are really nothing to write home about. Parts of the photo are too bright compared to the rest of the photo. Tree trunks look kinda red and not natural. Isn't this a Sony lense? This phone needs abit up updating and hopfully Vodafone will do it soon.
    Yeah you can down it from the play store and disable the inbuilt one. Can't comment on pic quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

Does anyone know where I'd get an unlocking code for a Vodafone Smart Prime 6? The Smart Ultra is too big so I'm looking for the smaller Smart Prime 6.

• Advertisement

cs5 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I'd get an unlocking code for a Vodafone Smart Prime 6? The Smart Ultra is too big so I'm looking for the smaller Smart Prime 6.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057467157/1/#post96424472

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Hopefully this is coming back into stock online tomorrow judging by the Vodafone forum on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Anyone receive the pack of ten covers yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

For Galway members.
    Was in the Vodafone shop on the Tuam road yesterday and they said they have these in stock....they didn't seem to have any problems with supply....maybe ring them to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

For Galway members.
    Was in the Vodafone shop on the Tuam road yesterday and they said they have these in stock....they didn't seem to have any problems with supply....maybe ring them to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Polar wizard adventure

I was just in the Vodafone shop on Henry Street, Dublin and they said they wouldn't have them for three weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I was just in the Vodafone shop on Henry Street, Dublin and they said they wouldn't have them for three weeks.

That wouldn't surprise me my local shop only gets the email the evening before about the delivery for the following day its been put off for last two weeks.

Somebody mentioned few pages back that the delivery date would be the end of august this rate be quicker to go to the UK and back again for one haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Still no sign of the covers even after ordering Monday of last week. I'll contact the seller if I don't receive them tomorrow I think.

Also, I thought the battery life was extremely good initially but today and yesterday it seems to be running down significantly quicker. For example I removed it from charging at 1:30am before bed and put on power saver for the night but now I'm down to 50% after an hour of use. Anyone else noticed this? I'm using WiFi as opposed to mobile data so that's not the reason either.

It should be noted that the Sky Go app will not work on the Smart Ultra 6... even though Vodafone are still marketing the phone with "X months FREE Sky Sports" when you sign up with a specific Vodafone package.

Given Sky's rigorous clamp-down on any mobile device that could potentially cast the screen, it's unlikely that the Sky Go app will ever legitimately work on any non "mainstream" branded (and non-rooted) device (including the Smart Ultra 6).

Obviously if anyone knows how I can get the Sky Go app to work on the Smart Ultra 6, please share! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

robman60 wrote: »
    Still no sign of the covers even after ordering Monday of last week. I'll contact the seller if I don't receive them tomorrow I think.

Also, I thought the battery life was extremely good initially but today and yesterday it seems to be running down significantly quicker. For example I removed it from charging at 1:30am before bed and put on power saver for the night but now I'm down to 50% after an hour of use. Anyone else noticed this? I'm using WiFi as opposed to mobile data so that's not the reason either.

I'm finding browsing with Chrome over wifi is chomping through the battery. I've had a couple of wake locks as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

It should be noted that the Sky Go app will not work on the Smart Ultra 6... even though Vodafone are still marketing the phone with "X months FREE Sky Sports" when you sign up with a specific Vodafone package.

Given Sky's rigorous clamp-down on any mobile device that could potentially cast the screen, it's unlikely that the Sky Go app will ever legitimately work on any non "mainstream" branded (and non-rooted) device (including the Smart Ultra 6).

Obviously if anyone knows how I can get the Sky Go app to work on the Smart Ultra 6, please share! ;-)

It looks like there's some miracast fragment floating about in Vodafone's lollipop build, even if they didn't enable the feature. Hopefully an update will sort it out. Those affected here should make some noise on the Vodafone forums, here and on their own site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭JPF82

Just an FYI, I bought one of these on the spur of the moment in Vodafone Liffey Valley last Friday. They made no mention of being low on stock or anything.

Great phone for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Anyone moved from a Nexus 4 to this with any feedback?

I've an Nexus 4( from original launch) so its a few years old now. I'd probably get away with it for a while longer, just the odd issue here and there.

Was going to go for a oneplusone, but this looks like its getting good feedback but at the price I figured there must be operating issues or something up.

Liffey Valley around the corner, could well just buy one today

corwill wrote: »
    It looks like there's some miracast fragment floating about in Vodafone's lollipop build, even if they didn't enable the feature. Hopefully an update will sort it out. Those affected here should make some noise on the Vodafone forums, here and on their own site.

Settings-display-cast screen-menu button-untick miracast.

This might help.

Settings-display-cast screen-menu button-untick miracast.

This might help.

Thanks for the tip but still the same "Sorry, Sky Go does not support Miracast"...

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭lukeeman

Would this phone be a upgrade from the S4

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daz76

robman60 wrote: »

Same happened to me went into settings and battery life and noticed that the email app was using around 50% of battery. Disabled the app and no problems since, hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

No... I ordered mine 15th July & the expected delivery date was 21st - 23rd July!! I've just messages the seller but if I don't hear back in the next day or two I'm cancelling the order!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

lukeeman wrote: »
    Would this phone be a upgrade from the S4

Yes and no.

The screen and camera are better on the S4.

Advertisement