Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

My cotechs case arrived yesterday. Fits perfectly and gives the phone a little more grip which was needed. Actually surprised how good it is considering the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

My cotechs case arrived yesterday. Fits perfectly and gives the phone a little more grip which was needed. Actually surprised how good it is considering the price.

can you check your phone to see if there is any light bleed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Don't see why it would be. You don't get to buy it directly in Ireland, and you don't have a Snapdragon processor either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭rizzee

I did a factory reset in order to see if the notification light would work, still doesn't.

I've put all my settings, apps etc back to normal and I've just tried to send a text to 3 people (group message?) - selected 3 people and wrote in the message and when I click send underneath the arrow it says "mms"...this should just be a normal message though? It won't let me send because data is turned off... This has never happened before as I've sent numerous messages while selecting multiple contacts and it's worked fine. Any ideas of a setting I forgot to change?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

rizzee wrote: »
    I did a factory reset in order to see if the notification light would work, still doesn't.

I've put all my settings, apps etc back to normal and I've just tried to send a text to 3 people (group message?) - selected 3 people and wrote in the message and when I click send underneath the arrow it says "mms"...this should just be a normal message though? It won't let me send because data is turned off... This has never happened before as I've sent numerous messages while selecting multiple contacts and it's worked fine. Any ideas of a setting I forgot to change?

There's a setting under messaging (hangouts?) to group messages using mms. Disable this option and try again.

Settings -> SMS -> Advanced -> Group messaging

Can't seem to find that Alanstrainer?

Looked in both Messenger and hangouts (although messenger is my default) and no option there...

Got sorted!! Messed around with a few buttons and there was some MMS setting.

Anyway, my phone is up on Adverts if anyone wants it. I'm getting a Z2 off a family member later, they're gone to get their upgrade. Z2 would be the better phone minus the screen size if people think that's an advantage, I had one before this and was great. Better retail value if I want to sell too :p Trying to get as much as I can back from this, my mate has offered me 150 for it today so I told him i'd get back to him this evening... Anything over that takes it. Few covers on the way so they'll be included too.

Here's the ad: http://www.adverts.ie/other-mobiles/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-boxed-with-receipt/8580361

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Got sorted!! Messed around with a few buttons and there was some MMS setting.

Anyway, my phone is up on Adverts if anyone wants it. I'm getting a Z2 off a family member later, they're gone to get their upgrade. Z2 would be the better phone minus the screen size if people think that's an advantage, I had one before this and was great. Better retail value if I want to sell too :p Trying to get as much as I can back from this, my mate has offered me 150 for it today so I told him i'd get back to him this evening... Anything over that takes it. Few covers on the way so they'll be included too.

Here's the ad: http://www.adverts.ie/other-mobiles/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-boxed-with-receipt/8580361

Cheers

That's some price! :p:p:p

Extra 4 covers in total once they come, screen protectors and charging cable, receipt incase something goes wrong. Think it's reasonable.

Jesus, got an offer of 90 quid. Adverts takes the p!ss.

• Advertisement

Extra 4 covers in total once they come, screen protectors and charging cable, receipt incase something goes wrong. Think it's reasonable.

Jesus got an offer of 90 quid. Adverts takes the p!ss.

Is Jesus on Adverts? :p

Sent you a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Adverts is hysterical.

"For sale: iPhone 6+ 64gb - brand new"

"I'll trade you a collection of silver coins, an S3 and €25"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Adverts is a pain..

I don't mind someone trying to bargain me down a wee bit but some of the guys on adverts are clearly just trolls and time wasters.

Tbh I think I'll stick with donedeal when trying to sell something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Techmaster wrote: »
    can you check your phone to see if there is any light bleed?

Downloaded a checker app and only when at 100% on a black screen would you notice any. And really the amount is not even worth mentioning. Definitely not noticeable at all in normal conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I got the Vodafone branded case in store. It is steep enough at €24.99 but its a really well done. Same anthracite colour , built in stand I think.it looks really well and doubles as s stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

wingnut wrote: »
    I got the Vodafone branded case in store. It is steep enough at €24.99 but its a really well done. Same anthracite colour , built in stand I think.it looks really well and doubles as s stand.

For €24.99, it would want to hover the phone for me at eye level.

wingnut wrote: »

€25 seems incredibly overpriced, considering the phone is only costing you about 6 times that. eBay or Amazon ftw! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I bought the smart 4 turbo at Christmas as a gift, the phone was on special for €59.99 and the case was €20. Vodafone e sure do stick the boot in, when it comes to their accessories.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

For anyone having a problem with their notification light not working, here's how to fix it.

1.Download the apk below and install
    2.Toggle light on
    3.Uninstall app
    4.Fixed!

dropbox.com/s/lzq9l32xdkptqyw/com.motorola.ledwidget-0.apk?dl=0

(Unable to post links as I'm a new user but just paste the above link into the address bar)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Seen this over on modaco.com

For anyone having a problem with their notification light not working, here's how to fix it.

1.Download the apk below and install
    2.Toggle light on
    3.Uninstall app
    4.Fixed!

dropbox.com/s/lzq9l32xdkptqyw/com.motorola.ledwidget-0.apk?dl=0

(Unable to post links as I'm a new user but just paste the above link into the address bar)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Two dumb questions (forgive me).

I'm on O2 (now Three) and have just broken my HTC One X.

If I were to buy this phone would I just pop into three and ask them for a new sim and to copy over my contacts / messages etc?

and

What brand is this phone really / who makes it?

Thanks in advance :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

zaphodbeeb wrote: »

If I were to buy this phone would I just pop into three and ask them for a new sim and to copy over my contacts / messages etc?
    You have to unlock it first, it's locked to Vodafone.

Theirs a link in the first post, after that you can do whatever you want with it.

What brand is this phone really / who makes it?
    ZTE make it. 4th biggest phone maker in the world after Sammy, Apple, and Xiaomi...i think thats the order then Hauwei, Lenovo etc.

Makes no odds nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

What I meant was the sim in my HTC One X is a micro sim I think - whereas this is a nano sim?

I presume Three would just give me a new one no bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

What I meant was the sim in my HTC One X is a micro sim I think - whereas this is a nano sim?

I presume Three would just give me a new one no bother?

Yup. They will.

They can move your contacts no problem, it should all be linked to your G-mail anyway though. They'll all link back up when you set up the phone as long as you tick the box in the Backup menu in settings.

I don't think they can move your txts though. I never did that. No reason to. Think I read theirs an app that'll do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

I don't think they can move your txts though. I never did that. No reason to. Think I read theirs an app that'll do that.

SMS Backup & Restore does the job nicely. Just copy the file to the new phone & run the app to restore your sms.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

There is an update available for this now if you check, it says it's from Vodafone, but I have a three sim in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

OTA update available for this now. Goto Settings => About Phone => Software updates => Check for updates

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

monster1 wrote: »
    There is an update available for this now if you check, it says it's from Vodafone, but I have a three sim in.

Updating to what?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

System update is available now. I just got the notification now. No idea what it is as I'll wait to install it later. Its 41mb so nothing significant I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Updating to what?

It says updated to version vdf-995nb01-ie_mro1b.

Advertisement