Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Stupid question I'm sure but am I safe enough to update away on this phone considering I got it unblocked through eBay?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cisco92

In 'Contacts' in Android there is an export / import feature.

To copy contacts from one Android to another a very easy way if you have a SD memory card that you will also move is to 'export' your contacts to your SD card.

Then put the sd card it into your new phone and 'import' contacts from the SD card.

However there's loads of ways to copy contacts - the benefit of using your gmail account is that you also have a copy of contact in case you lose your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Stupid question I'm sure but am I safe enough to update away on this phone considering I got it unblocked through eBay?

Yeah, you're fine. Once a phone gets networked unlocked it stays unlocked regardless of updates or even reflashing the original ROM.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

bajer101 wrote: »
    OTA update available for this now. Goto Settings => About Phone => Software updates => Check for updates

What version does it update too? Interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What did I just fix by updating ?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Says they're getting a delivery tomorrow - they *may* be back in but couldn't say for sure.

Maybe they say that to everyone. Looks a lovely phone though - had one on display. Told her I was looking for it as a present. Asked me what network the receiver was on - I said I didn't know....

I imagine she knew I was really going to unlock it though...

What's the process if you just want the phone - I presume you just go along with the getting of a new Sim / number for the PAYG bit and then don't use it?

They don't take any personal details do they? Is unlocking a phone like this legal?

Probably worrying about nothing but hey...

Would it be an idea to get the same phone directly from ZTE or other online retailer (i.e. unlocked)? This is why I was wondering does anyone know what the ZTE model no is.

I'll Google it and see if I can find it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    Would it be an idea to get the same phone directly from ZTE or other online retailer (i.e. unlocked)? This is why I was wondering does anyone know what the ZTE model no is.

There is no precisely identical ZTE phone. It appears to be the inner hardware of ZTE Blade S6 Lux, with a different exterior casing and different operating system.

http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/fe7936ad0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Why bother? A unlock code is €4 .

Lest it help anyone as clueless as me btw - I went into Three and they gave me a new Sim that I can activate when I want online - so my current one is fine for now, and the sim itself comes on a card that will allow you to break it out as a full sized, micro or nano sim.

So all good on that front.

• Advertisement

@Frosty Jim Because I'm not sure if I can just pay cash for it without giving them any personal info....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Just updated, still 5.02... Never mind at least its an update of sorts. Surprised Vodafone pushed one already. There was a bug with the capacitive light buttons where the one on right didn't light up when you touched it but that seems to have been fixed now.

Just tested the camera there, still over exposing rubbish. I was hoping for a fix on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is skygo working?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Is skygo working?

Tried it there, still getting the does not support miracast message :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Is skygo working?

Nope - still the same Miracast issue after the new update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

@Frosty Jim Because I'm not sure if I can just pay cash for it without giving them any personal info....

Well you'll have to tell them where you live

DUN DUN DUN!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi, I purchased for my Daughter. Gave her name, (told them she was on VF already - but had no details).
    Got a PAYG sim off them and a "BLANK" sim to port her old details to.
    (To help prevent Crime & illegal use of mobile phones they do require details - name, address. - this does not apply or affect unlocking)

The phone is now unlocked - but she still using the VF sim, also has a Meteor & 3 sim and they all work well)
    Contacts were just sent from one phone to another via file transfer.

Well you'll have to tell them where you live

DUN DUN DUN!

They don't take your details. Just get a new number. Then get it unlocked and switch your current sim. You may need to get a nano sim from your provider.

Good job this isnt a who done it:)

It's just a patchfix update pushed out by ZTE. It updates it from 1.0.0B03 to 1.0.0B13.

"Vodafone have a new software update available for your device with many improvements and enhancements. This update includes improved MS Exchange behaviour, additional text input prediction dictionaries, improved stability and performance, and much more."

Hmm. Maybe Love / Hate left too much of an impression :D

• Advertisement

Hmm. Maybe Love / Hate left too much of an impression :D

I think you could be correct there - and a recent "well publicised Court Case" shows why some details are required (whether the details are correct is another question)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

They don't take your details. Just get a new number. Then get it unlocked and switch your current sim. You may need to get a nano sim from your provider.

Good job this isnt a who done it:)

I'm talking about the people he wants to buy the Chinese phone from.

fuk sake, my phone seems to have died after the update!! looked at it and it was off, had 50% battery left.
    It wont turn on, when i plug in the charger the blue light doesn't come on!!

monster1 wrote: »
    fuk sake, my phone seems to have died after the update!! looked at it and it was off, had 50% battery left.
    It wont turn on, when i plug in the charger the blue light doesn't come on!!

Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, see if you can get into recovery mode by pressing and holding the power button and the volume button together. If you can get into recovery mode you will at least be able to reflash the original rom back onto it.

Oh thank you very much. Thought I bricked it. holding down the power button worked :)

I am getting 4g where I live now since the update, and I have never seen the 4g icon before, always H+. nice one

Fair Enough - it all makes sense now!

Funnily I was going to buy the ZTE from Argos or from Adverts (online shop in Lucan), but then I found this tread and went for the Ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Anyone know if this is in stock in any stores in Dublin? Looking to pick one up today but there's no way of telling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Anywhere we can find a list of fixes from this update?

• Advertisement

Where is he buying it from.

Advertisement