Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Went and checked for an update, got this message.
    Good News! Vodafone have a new software update available for your device with many improvements and enhancements. This update includes improved MS Exchange behaviour, additional text input prediction dictionaries, improved stability and performance, and much more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Where is he buying it from.

Somewhere that will need his postal address to send it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Went and checked for an update, got this message.

What's the much more though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Is this phone easy to use? Thinking of getting one for the parents

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Pheonix10 wrote: »

It's as easy to use as any Android Lollipop smartphone, but that doesn't tell you much in objective terms. Have your folks used any other smartphones day to day previously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Pheonix10 wrote: »

You could just stick a launcher on it which is designed for parents. There's a few here:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-best-simple-android-launchers-parents-grandparents/

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

According to the stores in Dublin the phone may be back in stock tomorrow morning but none of them had any concrete idea. One of them checked the internal system for me and said it was supposed to be tomorrow but its not showing a date anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Mezcita wrote: »
    You could just stick a launcher on it which is designed for parents. There's a few here:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/3-best-simple-android-launchers-parents-grandparents/

Jaysus, handy to know they're available. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

New Vodafone software Update Just arrived Loading now 41.48mb

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Are they going to be slow bringing 5.1 and beyond to this phone?
    I've gotten kinda used to 5.1 and, while I really want this phone, don't like the idea of a back step in OS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Are they going to be slow bringing 5.1 and beyond to this phone?
    I've gotten kinda used to 5.1 and, while I really want this phone, don't like the idea of a back step in OS

No way of knowing but custom ROMs are only around the corner now that we have twrp.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Nowso wrote: »
    New Vodafone software Update Just arrived Loading now 41.48mb

Here too. Any idea what it contains?
    Hope they fix the Miracast issue when trying to use Sky Go.
    Edit : No dice on the Miracast issue :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Prime 6 was just restocked half an hour ago online.. still no sign of the Ultra 6. Absolutely shocking service from Vodafone. NI & UK have full stock levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Techmaster wrote: »
    Prime 6 was just restocked half an hour ago online.. still no sign of the Ultra 6. Absolutely shocking service from Vodafone. NI & UK have full stock levels.

Disgraceful. Bought the phone 3 and a half weeks ago on their website just as it went back on stock. Then after not receiving it in the post for a few days, I contacted them to be informed just as my order went through they went out of stock. So after promising me the last two Fridays the phone would be back available, looks like I wont have it again. Why are they having such a problem with stock for this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

kevin306 wrote: »
    Disgraceful. Bought the phone 3 and a half weeks ago on their website just as it went back on stock. Then after not receiving it in the post for a few days, I contacted them to be informed just as my order went through they went out of stock. So after promising me the last two Fridays the phone would be back available, looks like I wont have it again. Why are they having such a problem with stock for this phone.

I'm sure it's the usual attitude of multinationals, with UK prioritised for stock and Paddy can go pleasure himself with a potato.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Here too. Any idea what it contains?
    Hope they fix the Miracast issue when trying to use Sky Go.
    Edit : No dice on the Miracast issue :(
    Beat me to it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Can it be bought from Vodafone UK online

And still be unlocked

And still be same diff??

I too got caught in the ordering online but no stock :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Did anyone get this anywhere today?

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Was in again today. Still none, they say next delivery is Tuesday, so maybe then..... Unsure though..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

What's the requirement to enabling the phone to be unlocked on eBay?
    Is it possible to tell by looking at an unopened box?

Reason I'm asking is that I'm abroad and there's a chance I might be able to get one.

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    You just need the IMEI number which is on the box.

Cheers.

Isn't there something about the IMEI number that needs to conform to a certain reference at the start of the number?

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember reading that the number should start with X X X X (whatever? ) to enable unlocking.

Such a long thread to read right through from the start, and search not great on a mobile device!

Any help most welcome/appreciated!

biebiebie wrote: »
    Cheers.

Isn't there something about the IMEI number that needs to conform to a certain reference at the start of the number?

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember reading that the number should start with X X X X (whatever? ) to enable unlocking.

Such a long thread to read right through from the start, and search not great on a mobile device!

Any help most welcome/appreciated!
    What country are you thinking of buying it in? The only thing you need to make sure is, is there a seller on eBay that will unlock it from the network you buy it on.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    What country are you thinking of buying it in? The only thing you need to make sure is, is there a seller on eBay that will unlock it from the network you buy it on.

Vodafone Spain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Vodafone Spain?

You're fine. Just use the ebay link in the first post and it will unlock. The unlocker includes Voda Spain. There have been no reports of any unlocking failures.

Vodafone Spain?

Just looking at their site now they don't seem to do the smart ultra 6, only the prime which is dearer than Ireland.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Just looking at their site now they don't seem to do the smart ultra 6, only the prime which is dearer than Ireland.

http://www.vodafone.es/tienda/particulares/es/catalogo/ficha/particular/movil/vodafone/smart_ultra_6/%3FsubtipoContrato%3D1%26idPrecio

NOTE if the direct link didn't work then try googling this....
    Vodafone.es smart Ultra 6

Seems like this is it?
    The problem though is that there are so many monthly payment options, it's hard to find if there's a true one payment payg option.

Some of the latter options say

€158'99 Al contado (Cash payment?)

Which I'm thinking is a once off cash payment, with no committal to a monthly payment?
    It's had to figure on a mobile device even with Google Translate!

Any more suggestions guys? So near yet so far!

(Yep I know I can call into a local Voda shop, and know where that is. However there isn't one too close and the time involved in getting to the nearest one is considerable.... well I just need to know if a true payg option is available first before wasting time. After that its pure luck as to whether they have one in stock)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone know why theres a exclamation mark (!) on my signal bars in the top right corner?

Im on Three and getting o2 (Top left) when Im travelling (in ROI) and it says Im roaming? I know o2 were bought by Three but never saw this happen before on my old phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone know why theres a exclamation mark (!) on my signal bars in the top right corner?

Im on Three and getting o2 (Top left) when Im travelling (in R.o.I) and it says Im roaming? I know o2 were bought by Three but never saw this happen before on my old phone.

Im on Three and getting o2 (Top left) when Im travelling (in ROI) and it says Im roaming? I know o2 were bought by Three but never saw this happen before on my old phone.

Try manually searching for your network again and pick 3 (not 3.). Basically your on one of o2s mast at the moment as its stronger than the nearest 3 mast signal.

Also make sure data roaming is switched on as the update the other day seems to switch it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 questnoi

Will this phone (bought from Vodafone Ireland) be able to be used in the US with a US sim card once it is unlocked with the code being sold on ebay as linked by the OP? I'm trying to find information online about what requirements a phone in Ireland needs to work in the US on a US network but I'm finding it tough. Any ideas?

Advertisement