Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Anyone have any trouble using a three sim in this? Iv been using it for about a month now on my meteor sim but now iv moved to three and I'm getting no signal in my phone but it's working perfect in the phone I got from three (HTC M8s) any ideas anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ASOT wrote: »
    Anyone have any trouble using a three sim in this? Iv been using it for about a month now on my meteor sim but now iv moved to three and I'm getting no signal in my phone but it's working perfect in the phone I got from three (HTC M8s) any ideas anyone?

Check that data roaming is not switched off. The ota update the other day switched it off.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Check that data roaming is not switched off. The ota update the other day switched it off.

It's not detecting the sim card at all so I can't even get to that option, it recognises my meteor not a problem. And my HTC recognises the 3 one....

It's not detecting the sim card at all so I can't even get to that option, it recognises my meteor not a problem. And my HTC recognises the 3 one....

Strange. When you put the 3 sim in are the meteor APN settings still on the phone?

Strange. When you put the 3 sim in are the meteor APN settings still on the phone?

I can't get access to the APNs as it's telling me there's no sim card inserted even though it works In the handset three gave me, might be a faulty sim or something it's weird.

• Advertisement

I can't get access to the APNs as it's telling me there's no sim card inserted even though it works In the handset three gave me, might be a faulty sim or something it's weird.

Yeah could be the sim or you could try a factory reset. Just make sure to back up everything first.

Yeah could be the sim or you could try a factory reset. Just make sure to back up everything first.

Just tried it no joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

bajer101 wrote: »
    Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, see if you can get into recovery mode by pressing and holding the power button and the volume button together. If you can get into recovery mode you will at least be able to reflash the original rom back onto it.

Thanks a mill Bajer, was having same issue. Had tried holding down power but I guess not for long enough.

Just tried it no joy!

Could you try someone else's 3 sim in it maybe? That way if it works its most likely a dodgy sim. If it doesn't its most likely the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Brainiac2000

This would be a great deal, if VF ever had the bloody thing in stock!😡

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

How do i take screenshots on this thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

How do i take screenshots on this thing?

Same as on every other Android phone. Press the power and Volume down button at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Is it still easily unlockable? I was reading somewhere that there have been problems with certain imeis

digitaldr wrote: »
    Is it still easily unlockable? I was reading somewhere that there have been problems with certain imeis
    Where did you read that? I haven't seen anyone on here having a problem. Are you thinking of the smart prime 6? That seems only to be unlockable by vodafone themselves for now.

Sorry you're right - my mistake :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Someone mentioned an exclamation mark in the notifications bar. It's to do with the limit set on your data usage.

Someone mentioned an exclamation mark in the notifications bar. It's to do with the limit set on your data usage.

No its not, when you hit your warning limit an exclamation mark shows up in the notification bar over to the left and if you pull down the notification bar it says "Data usage warning"

What was being discussed yesterday was a exclamation mark on the signal bars.

Can't post links yet but they are two different things.

I think it means data connection lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

digitaldr wrote: »

Super easy to unlock on eBay, no problems with Irish imeis.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, it tends to mean that your data connection has issues, depending on whether it's next to the signal bar of the network, Wifi or both.
    There is a warning triangle I think with an exclamation to indicate your data limit is approaching, if you have set one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

questnoi wrote: »
    Will this phone (bought from Vodafone Ireland) be able to be used in the US with a US sim card once it is unlocked with the code being sold on ebay as linked by the OP? I'm trying to find information online about what requirements a phone in Ireland needs to work in the US on a US network but I'm finding it tough. Any ideas?

Not sure about the US but I am using mine in Canada with a pre paid sim and works fine .

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Gone from Vodafone store as PaYG

Thats the end of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Anyone know if there's new stock of this phone coming in? The Vodafone web store has none.
    It can be bought up North for £125 but with the crap exchange rate that will end up being €190.

Also how would this phone compare to last years flagships like the Galaxy S5 or LG G3?

Thats the end of it....

Its still there, just out of stock.

strongback wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's new stock of this phone coming in? The Vodafone web store has none.
    It can be bought up North for £125 but with the crap exchange rate that will end up being €190.

Also how would this phone compare to last years flagships like the Galaxy S5 or LG G3?

showing up as out of stock, not gone forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Its still there, just out of stock.

Yep still there all right in the payg listing.
    It's the lack of stock that's the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Thats the end of it....

How did you come to this conclusion? Have you been talking with a sales person in a physical store?

biebiebie wrote: »
    How did you come to this conclusion? Have you been talking with a sales person in a physical store?

Yeah I'd take that with a pinch of salt if you heard it from a sales assistant. Half them don't know their are from their elbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Brainiac2000

VF most likely f***ed up on the pricing/ underestimated the amount of people whod buy this.

My guess is youll see it in two or 3 weeks +E50 on the price tag...

• Advertisement

VF most likely f***ed up on the pricing/ underestimated the amount of people whod buy this.

My guess is youll see it in two or 3 weeks +E50 on the price tag...

They wouldn't have factored in all the people buying this for other networks which I imagine is a good few going on this thread.

On a different note, one of the guys over on modaco.com has made a start on a cm12.1 ROM for this phone. Shouldn't be long now if a few developers get onboard.

Advertisement