Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Yeah I'd take that with a pinch of salt if you heard it from a sales assistant. Half them don't know their are from their elbow.

False alarm. Bad browsing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

They wouldn't have factored in all the people buying this for other networks which I imagine is a good few going on this thread.

On a different note, one of the guys over on modaco.com has made a start on a cm12.1 ROM for this phone. Shouldn't be long now if a few developers get onboard.

I noticed that Paul over at modaco released a working twrp recovery the other day so it looks like things are moving nicely with this device.

Only activity on XDA seems to be updates on what is happening over at modaco, I would have liked to see some of the devs at XDA give the ultra some attention.

False alarm. Bad browsing

Can't buy using parcel motel

"Problem with your order"

Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭DopeTech

corsav6 wrote: »
    I noticed that Paul over at modaco released a working twrp recovery the other day so it looks like things are moving nicely with this device.

Only activity on XDA seems to be updates on what is happening over at modaco, I would have liked to see some of the devs at XDA give the ultra some attention.

Yeah I suppose they might be put off as its carrier branded. If we get one working one a few more might jump on the bandwagon and put their own spin on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

If this isn't back in stock this week, I'll be spending the extra €10 to buy it from the UK. Absolutely ridiculous stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Thanks for the replies on the exclamation marks on the signal bars.

Find it a bit weird that they're there when data is off. I suppose its handy in a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Thanks for the replies on the exclamation marks on the signal bars.

Find it a bit weird that they're there when data is off. I suppose its handy in a way.

When the exclamation mark is there does it say emergency calls only on the lock screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Techmaster wrote: »
    If this isn't back in stock this week, I'll be spending the extra €10 to buy it from the UK. Absolutely ridiculous stuff.

I know Parcel Motel etc. Has anyone successful ordered online from the UK though?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Has the issue I had with Snapchat not working when applying filters and crashing been fixed ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

showing up as out of stock, not gone forever.

Ended up buying a sim free LG G3 in Argos today for €325.

strongback wrote: »

:confused:

Meh, you could have paid an extra tenner to get the Ultra 6 from the UK.

biebiebie wrote: »
    I know Parcel Motel etc. Has anyone successful ordered online from the UK though?

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

biebiebie wrote: »

You can't buy off Vodafone UK using an Irish credit card, I tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Anti-bargain alert right there. You paid twice as much for a phone of similar specs. Well done you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

When the exclamation mark is there does it say emergency calls only on the lock screen?

No, when I have data off.

I think it may have said that when I was travelling though. Ill keep an eye on it the next time Im travelling.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,616 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah, you probably have data roaming turned off, which of default.
    The phone knows there are data networks it can connect to but is prevented from doing so.
    Set up a roaming package with your provider and go into settings, turn that on.
    I might suggest you also set a data warning 100mb from the top of your data allocation to sell you from browsing your way into expensive territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭54and56

Mine is randomly rebooting a couple of times a day. Any ideas what may be causing this or how to diagnose the problem? I tried factory resetting but that hadn't solved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Anyone using this on the Three network? How's the connectivity? Does it do the annoying constant signal drop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,041 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mine is randomly rebooting a couple of times a day. Any ideas what may be causing this or how to diagnose the problem? I tried factory resetting but that hadn't solved it.

Are you sure it's actually restarting or is it possible that you may be turning it off by mistake?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Looks like almost all of the shops have this in stock now, only one or two don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Brainiac2000

Are you sure? Its still showing up as outf stock online...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

No, I posted that for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,041 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Let the mayhem begin

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Looks like almost all of the shops have this in stock now, only one or two don't.

thanks Baldy, reserved one in my local store.

bajer101 wrote: »
    Anti-bargain alert right there. You paid twice as much for a phone of similar specs. Well done you.

I went for quality.

No need to unlock, no warranty issues.

The G3 is also smaller for the same size screen.

I reckon I'll get the better value over time. Let's see.

I went for quality.

No need to unlock, no warranty issues.

The G3 is also smaller for the same size screen.

I reckon I'll get the better value over time. Let's see.

No warranty issues unlocking by code via eBay, completely legit actually.

Well done on spending double the price of the Ultra 6.

You'll notice the G3's many issues over time.

No warranty issues unlocking by code via eBay, completely legit actually.

Well done on spending double the price of the Ultra 6.

You'll notice the G3's many issues over time.

Has anybody tested the warranty of an unlocked phone yet? Has anyone gone into a Vodafone shop and tested if the warranty stands? My experience with Vodafone is they have no problem leaving a customer hanging.

I remember when there was a clamour for one of the first Huawei phones Vodafone stocked a few years ago. It cost around €120, 6 months later it was unusable it was so crap. When a manufacturer is mass selling to consumers there is no such thing as a bargain. You get what you pay for.

Has anybody tested the warranty of an unlocked phone yet? Has anyone gone into a Vodafone shop and tested if the warranty stands? My experience with Vodafone is they have no problem leaving a customer hanging.

I remember when there was a clamour for one of the first Huawei phones Vodafone stocked a few years ago. It cost around €120, 6 months later it was unusable it was so crap. When a manufacturer is mass selling to consumers there is no such thing as a bargain. You get what you pay for.

Oh dear, someones regretting they didn't wait the weekend.

Unlocking by code does NOT void the warranty - I have had two phones repaired (both unlocked by eBay codes) without issue.

• Advertisement

Oh dear, someones regretting they didn't wait the weekend.

Unlocking by code does NOT void the warranty - I had two phones repaired (both unlocked by eBay codes) without issue.

You seem to have bad luck with phones.........

Anyway you seem like a teenager so I'll leave you to it.

Advertisement