Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Youd never have misleading or shoddy service from any big computer retail store. :\ it happens with all businesses. 1 day turn around is wholly unrealistic with the present state of irish delivery systems. Don't know why they offer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Techmaster wrote: »
    Don't count on it. Tons of orders don't get next day delivery. VF make lots of excuses as to why. This has happened to me more than once. Misleading & just shoddy service really.

Now that you mention it, I remember posts earlier in the thread Saying that they hadn't received their phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Techmaster wrote: »

Just got mine in the post today and I'm well pleased with it, excellent quality for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Same status here too lads. Ordered at 4ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

My status is also "Your payment is being processed".

I'm not ordering any covers until I get the dispatch email ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

biebiebie wrote: »

You'll have it Wednesday morning!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Order status now changed to "Your order is being processed"

A good sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

A good sign?

Mines the same. But I only ordered about 7pm last night.

A good sign?

Yeah mines the same here, I reckon we should be okay. Just wait and see today. Here's hoping this phone lives up to the hype! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 kinanoman

Yeah mines the same here, I reckon we should be okay. Just wait and see today. Here's hoping this phone lives up to the hype! :)

Same here, and i got my order in yesterday morning! which was before 1pm so I should really have it by today if everything goes to plan. I'll keep ye updated

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Can some one say how the Huawei P8 compares to the Smart Ultra 6.
    I can get the former from Meteor for feck all or I can get the latter and unlock it for use on the same network.
    I'm going to throw Nova on the phone regardless of which I buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just ordered one there.. still no issues in unlocking these using the Ebay link in the OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Can some one say how the Huawei P8 compares to the Smart Ultra 6.
    I can get the former from Meteor for feck all or I can get the latter and unlock it for use on the same network.
    I'm going to throw Nova on the phone regardless of which I buy.

The Huawei P8 is a superior phone and is nipping at the heels of of the main flagship models. It's RRP is €429 sim free.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

I would state - "that the phone is excellent value for the price tag"
    Is it the Bees Knees - ?????????

Would anyone of the Techies who know what their on about (does not include me) choose it ahead of an Iphone 6+, HTC M9, Samsung S6 if they had a choice of a "free" phone? I doubt it?:D

A stock shortage has created a little bit of Hype (I must have it:eek:)

If you are in the market for a good spec smart phone at a reasonable price - then the Ultra 6 fits the bill as currently is the only offering on the mainstream Irish market that does (imho)

(Note: its made by made by ZTE & similar to ZTE Blade Lux & Blade 6+)

Bravobabe wrote: »
    I would state - "that the phone is excellent value for the price tag"
    Is it the Bees Knees - ?????????

Would anyone of the Techies who know what their on about (does not include me) choose it ahead of an Iphone 6+, HTC M9, Samsung S6 if they had a choice of a "free" phone? I doubt it?:D

A stock shortage has created a little bit of Hype (I must have it:eek:)

If you are in the market for a good spec smart phone at a reasonable price - then the Ultra 6 fits the bill as currently is the only offering on the mainstream Irish market that does (imho)

(Note: its made by made by ZTE & similar to ZTE Blade Lux & Blade 6+)

Ah come on, no one is expecting it to live up to a brand new 6/700 phone. But from what I've seen of it in the voda shop and heard on here, it still seems impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Ah come on, no one is expecting it to live up to a brand new 6/700 phone. But from what I've seen of it in the voda shop and heard on here, it still seems impressive.

It is indeed impressive for the money. However, a bit of light bleed at the edges of the panel is a small disappointment, but is a common occurrence with LCD panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

mine order from yesterday has just been cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

mine order from yesterday has just been cancelled

Go on to the Vodafone forum on here and ask if they know what is going on, there is also a thread on this phone over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

It is still showing as in stock on their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Bravobabe wrote: »

Sure, I'd take a flagship ahead of it if pricing was an issue. But it is! The VSU6 is less than 1/3 the price.

A better comparison is with other midrange hardware, such as the Samsung Galaxy A3 and A5, which are €280 and €350 from Vodafone payg; insane, given the inferior hardware. They sell the HTC M8S for €550, which has the same chipset - bonkers!

I don't see any other real competition at this level, bar perhaps the Xperia M4 Aqua from 3, but I'd still take the Ultra ahead of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It is still showing as in stock on their website
    Yep, I just ordered one about 45 minutes ago.. not holding out a lot of hope judging by latest replies on thread.

Mine was ordered at around 4 yesterday, still showing as:
    Your order is being processed.

Hopefully it's not cancelled, but I don't know if I can hold much hope tbh. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I order about 5:40pm yesterday, not even an e-mail from vodafone to say cancelled it was only because i checked the order status on their website. On hold now to talk to customer service, nightmare just to buy a phone

I order about 5:40pm yesterday, not even an e-mail from vodafone to say cancelled it was only because i checked the order status on their website. On hold now to talk to customer service, nightmare just to buy a phone

Anyone who has trouble with orders should also hassle them on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

I ordered yesterday ~11.30am, before noon so was expecting a delivery today...nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

Anyone recommend a windscreen holder for the car? For video, GPS, Gforces, etc...the more rigid the better, but needs to be in landscape mode.

Appearing back in stock for me now, although perhaps not worth ordering seeing that some have been cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

Ordered at 4pm yesterday, checked status today,
    Your order has been unsuccessful. If you need more information please contact Customer Care on 1907.:(

Waiting on ph for over 15mins waiting to talk to someone.

Advertisement