Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Can someone point me in the direction of getting the notification light working?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I've got the phone. First time I've had a phone that could do 4G. I'm with 48months.ie and they don't seem to have 4G. Any other suggestions of providers that are the same or similar price for 15gb of data a month? Currently paying 15 euro for 100 mins, 100 texts and 15gb of data. I'm based in Dublin City Center.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

cronos wrote: »
    I've got the phone. First time I've had a phone that could do 4G. I'm with 48months.ie and they don't seem to have 4G. Any other suggestions of providers that are the same or similar price for 15gb of data a month? Currently paying 15 euro for 100 mins, 100 texts and 15gb of data. I'm based in Dublin City Center.

ID Mobile... 4G launching next week.. if you can get a SIM, 20GB 4G Data/5000 mins to mobiles & landlines/5000 texts for €15 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Techmaster wrote: »
    ID Mobile... 4G launching next week.. if you can get a SIM, 20GB 4G Data/5000 mins to mobiles & landlines/5000 texts for €15 a month.

That's a pretty good deal. Any catch?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

I have one of these unopened.
    I had tried to order it online a few weeks ago but the page stalled at transaction stage. When I tried again it was out of stock. No confirmation mail so I bought one in store. Guess what arrived in the post yesterday? :)
    PM if interested.

• Advertisement

I had tried to order it online a few weeks ago but the page stalled at transaction stage. When I tried again it was out of stock. No confirmation mail so I bought one in store. Guess what arrived in the post yesterday? :)
    PM if interested.

You can return to VF for a full refund if you don't get any takers.

That's a pretty good deal. Any catch?

No catch, 30-day SIM only contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Wow!
    Is that official?
    No specific info as yet on their Irish website

biebiebie wrote: »
    Wow!
    Is that official?
    No specific info as yet on their Irish website

It's a lifetime early plan which I'm on.. Curry's & Carphone Warehouse staff got the early offers and early SIM packs.. official release is next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

It's a lifetime early plan which I'm on.. Curry's & Carphone Warehouse staff got the early offers and early SIM packs.. official release is next week.

Do you know if they will support roaming data? That is the major downside with 48 for me.

• Advertisement

What date exactly is the release do you know?
    Are sim packs posted out, or do you have to call in to CPW?

bajer101 wrote: »
    Do you know if they will support roaming data? That is the major downside with 48 for me.

Not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

PM if interested.

just pmd you there

biebiebie wrote: »
    What date exactly is the release do you know?
    Are sim packs posted out, or do you have to call in to CPW?

End of next week, don't have the exact date.

Once the release is official, you can order SIM's online or get them in-store. Offers may vary for the newer customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Once the release is official, you can order SIM's online or get them in-store. Offers may vary for the newer customers.

Sent you a PM. Thanks for replying to my request. :)

Any "spare" SIMS in advance for the staff plan then? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Anyone else notice double tap to wake is gone after last update...

On that note, I haven't noticed any improvements or differences other than that since update...??!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

unreg999 wrote: »

On that note, I haven't noticed any improvements or differences other than that since update...??!

Works fine on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭balcan

unreg999 wrote: »

Had to re-enable it in settings/display after update

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Anyone using one of these on the Three network?

The only thing stopping me from buying is the ongoing issue with non-Three-bought phones with a Three SIM having messed up connectivity (constantly dropping 4G/3G and not automatically rejoining, randomly going into roaming and having no 3G... makes using my Nexus 4 a pain).

I'd really appreciate any feedback from someone using this phone with a Three sim! Otherwise I'll probably pay more for an upgrade in Three and get a One M8s or something, just to be safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Anyone using one of these on the Three network?

The only thing stopping me from buying is the ongoing issue with non-Three-bought phones having messed up connectivity (constantly dropping 4G/3G and not automatically rejoining, randomly going into roaming and having no 3G... makes using my Nexus 4 a pain).

I'd really appreciate any feedback from someone using this phone with a Three sim! Otherwise I'll probably pay more for an upgrade in Three and get a One M8s or something, just to be safe.
    Been grand for me since I got it three days ago. Can't fault it, and getting better coverage in my gaff than my iPhone 4 was.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Well I have the phone now. And its big, It'll take a few days to get used to I'd say! But thus far it's great. Seems to perform well, screen is excellent and feels nice in the hand. We'll see how it fairs in the coming days however!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Its a horse of a phone. I'll have to get myself bigger pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

How widespread is the 4G? I'm with three and struggling on what compares to the old dial up while herselfs phone is flying with Vodafone 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Jay Dee

Hi,

Phone working fine...
    connected Chromcast to TV...
    installed app on phone..
    Ran it...

Gets "" "Cast connection stopped. Chromecast seems to have lost its connection to your device "
    and it switches off.
    Time after time...

Anyone else had this problem.

All input welcome..

Thanks

Jay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Has anyone tested NFC on this phone yet? Surely this has to be the cheapest phone on the market with NFC?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Jay Dee wrote: »
    Hi,

Phone working fine...
    connected Chromcast to TV...
    installed app on phone..
    Ran it...

Gets "" "Cast connection stopped. Chromecast seems to have lost its connection to your device "
    and it switches off.
    Time after time...

Anyone else had this problem.

All input welcome..

Thanks

Jay.

Try go to Settings - Display - Cast Screen - Click on three dots at top right and uncheck "Enable wireless display"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Got mine too and +1 on the "it's very big" sentiments. Will definitely take some getting used to. Ran a game on it for a while and it warmed up a little. Otherwise though, I'm blown away by how nice it is. the screen is fantastic and the version of android is very clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Got one from Spain for €4.50 delivered. Fits great.

Just asking was it off the seller cronos linked to techmaster?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

cronos wrote: »

Im a PAYG customer with VF. I buy €30 a month "Red" bundle and for that I get unlimited texts and calls to all networks and unlimited data.

Advertisement