Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Just thinking could this just be a case of three switching to the O2 irl network when the O2 irl signal is better then 3's now that they have merged and the phone thinking I am then roaming on a network that is not mine?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Just thinking could this just be a case of three switching to the O2 irl network when the O2 irl signal is better then 3's now that they have merged and the phone thinking I am then roaming on a network that is not mine?
    That's exactly whats happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

FrostyJim wrote: »
    That's exactly whats happening.

Ah that explains it then , panic over time to enjoy the phone, my sony z2 screen cracked by itself and is in the post to sony at the moment, but this phone more then makes up for it very nice indeed. I see its out of stock again so hopefully anyone looking for one cant get one soon enough :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Watching YouTube videos on full screen earlier I noticed the screen kept flashing blue every 15 or 20 seconds. Now it seems to be normal again. Kinda strange I never seen anything like that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Are these in Stock in any of the Vodafone shops in Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

I can't answer calls anymore... If someone rings me it rings & vibrates like usual but then says the phone app has stopped working... I have to reject the call and then call the person back... It's so annoying grrr

Also the fone doesn't work with earphones anymore... I used to be able to answer calls & use volume, pause etc with my audio books but not anymore.

Anyone any ideas? I'm thinking of doing a factory restore & not installing the last update from a few days ago... It all seemed to go wrong after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The €30 RED plan has only 1gb of data on it, no idea how they're getting "unlimited" data.

Ive had that bundle since it was introduced, I got unlimited data then and still have it so I dunno.

Anyway, there was a flyer with the phone and for the red bundle its actually unlimited all network calls and texts and 3 gigs of data for €30 every 30 days.

To me that represents excellent value and the key thing is that Im not locked into a 12 or 24 month plan either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Ive had that bundle since it was introduced, I got unlimited data then and still have it so I dunno.

Anyway, there was a flyer with the phone and for the red bundle its actually unlimited all network calls and texts and 3 gigs of data for €30 every 30 days.

To me that represents excellent value and the key thing is that Im not locked into a 12 or 24 month plan either.

€20 for unlimited calls to mobiles & landlines, unlimited texts & 5GB data on Tesco Mobile. PAYG plan, no contract. 3G, but 4G is coming soon. Not to mention the ClubCard points too.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/pay-as-you-go-plans.aspx
    http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/add-ons.aspx

Vodafone is easily the most expensive network in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Techmaster wrote: »
    €20 for unlimited calls to mobiles & landlines, unlimited texts & 5GB data on Tesco Mobile. PAYG plan, no contract. 3G, but 4G is coming soon. Not to mention the ClubCard points too.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/pay-as-you-go-plans.aspx
    http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/add-ons.aspx

Vodafone is easily the most expensive network in Ireland.

Interesting.

I will stick with VF for the 4g for the time being but wouldnt be averse to changing.

For the above though thats €25?

Interesting.

I will stick with VF for the 4g for the time being but wouldnt be averse to changing.

For the above though thats €25?

€15 for the unlimited calls - keep your credit.

€10 for the texts & a further €10 for the 5GB data, buy both as an add-on.

€20 in total. (€20 cash paid by yourself, as the 'keep your credit deal' means you only have to top-up by a further €5 to buy both addons)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

€15 for the unlimited calls - keep your credit.

€10 for the texts & a further €10 for the 5GB data, buy both as an add-on.

€20 in total.

Ah, I'm getting €25 aswell:confused::confused:, how you getting €20?

€15 for all calls/landlines/txts/250 Webtxts, keep the €15 + €10 then for 5GB Data??

Ah, I'm getting €25 aswell:confused::confused:, how you getting €20?

€15 for all calls/landlines/txts/250 Webtxts, keep the €15 + €10 then for 5GB Data??

As per the links above, €15 gets you unlimited calls.

You get to keep that €15 to buy add-ons.

€10 for the unlimited texts add-on, and another €10 for the 5GB data add-on.

You therefore need to top up by a further €5 of your own cash, to pay for both add-ons, making your total spend each month €20 cash.

You get to keep that €15 to buy add-ons.

Oh, I missed that you could use the 15 to buy the addons.:o

Oh, I missed that you could use the 15 to buy the addons.:o

No hassle! :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Where did you read this?

vectra wrote: »
    Where did you read this?

I have a contact within the company. iD mobile will be receiving 4G first, with the rest of the MVNO's operating on 3's network to follow soon after. Exact dates not confirmed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,543 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I have a contact within the company. iD mobile will be receiving 4G first, with the rest of the MVNO's operating on 3's network to follow soon after. Exact dates not confirmed yet.

So if a fellow wanted to move up to 4g would he move to ID or stay with tesco and wait?

I am already with Tesco and am happy enough with their service.

So if a fellow wanted to move up to 4g would he move to ID or stay with tesco and wait?

I've just moved to ID today. I'm on the exclusive staff/family of staff plan which gives me 5000 mins, 5000 texts and 20gb data for €15 a month.

When they release their general public bundles next week, I'd imagine it will be very competitive price-wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Then logic would seem to indicate to wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

Have my Smart ultra 6 now for a couple of days, its replacing a Nexus5 that unfortunately broke the screen, The Smart compares very well to the nexus 5, Its a monster of a phone for the price, far more smother on lollipop that the nexus was.
    Screen is excellent and the camera is surprisingly good, overall very happy with it, Oh and the phone and WiFi signal is noticeably better than the nexus was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭nthside_cycle

The 3 network 4G coverage isn't great so wouldn't be changing networks based on that. No 4G coverage at work which close to the city centre, rarely get 4G coverage at home now since they combined O2 and 3 networks. I say 70% of the time I go to use mobile data I get 3G and the rest 4G

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What is the general consensus on this after a few weeks? I need to buy a phone later today but it seems some issues are popping up. Are people confident in Vodafone fixing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭farmerval

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Anyone using one of these on the Three network?

The only thing stopping me from buying is the ongoing issue with non-Three-bought phones with a Three SIM having messed up connectivity (constantly dropping 4G/3G and not automatically rejoining, randomly going into roaming and having no 3G... makes using my Nexus 4 a pain).

I'd really appreciate any feedback from someone using this phone with a Three sim! Otherwise I'll probably pay more for an upgrade in Three and get a One M8s or something, just to be safe.

Hiya

I'm on a 3 company sim, it's working great. Way back in the thread I had a lot of bother initially with the proximity sensor but since the update all has bee going fine. Where I live with tree there's good coverage, never had an issue with a samsung S2 and similarly good with this one, albeit it's a much better phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭touts

Has anyone found a good cover for this phone?

touts wrote: »
    Has anyone found a good cover for this phone?

Got this in the post today, good case for the price;

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Cotechs-Gel-Case-Cover-Skin-For-New-2015-Vodafone-Smart-ULTRA-6-Smartphone-/381341594675?var=&hash=item58c9baf433

Im a PAYG customer with VF. I buy €30 a month "Red" bundle and for that I get unlimited texts and calls to all networks and unlimited data.

I can't see that package on their website... I'm with 48 right now & while it's a fab offer I'm so sick of the terrible o2 reception... I'm going to change & while I hate vf I always had the best coverage with them!

€30 for unlimited everything per month. You have examples of cheaper I assume?

20e a month with 48... Unlimited calls & texts to any mobile network, 8gb data, unlimited whatsapp & 100 mins to landlines....

unreg999 wrote: »
    20e a month with 48... Unlimited calls & texts to any mobile network, 8gb data, unlimited whatsapp & 100 mins to landlines....

No, they stuck a call limit on it a few weeks back. 1000mins.

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans

No, they stuck a call limit on it a few weeks back. 1000mins.

Pretty much unlimited I'd say! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tonto24

How does this phone compare to a 5s?

I love my 5s but the battery is absolute $hite, 100% @ 8am
    > 0% @ 6pm

I do use my phone alot though.

Advertisement