Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

tonto24 wrote: »
    How does this phone compare to a 5s?

I love my 5s but the battery is absolute $hite, 100% @ 8am
    > 0% @ 6pm

I do use my phone alot though.

I'd go to a shop and have a look yourself. Just because it is large, so it may not be something you could live with!

Only had mine a couple of days and loving it thus far. Battery life is crazy, and I'm a very heavy user. At present, my phone has been on battery for 22 hours, screen has been on for 4.5 hours:o (watching videos and new phone messing!) and the battery is still at 20%. So it really is an all day device. We'll see how that looks after a few months, but so far its great.

My only gripes are to do with the non-functioning notification light, which I've tried to fix with the steps outlined on here without success. Might have to reset and set it all up again. But ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

> 0% @ 6pm

Charged phone to 80% Wednesday night before bed, got home at 6pm yesterday and the phone was still at 50%. Thats with using Facebook, twitter, boards app and just general browsing, texting and a few calls.

The battery isn't far off the nokia 3310;)

I have noticed the phone becoming very warm, thats the only gripe so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mburke

Just got the phone and noticed a few issue:

- When multiple apps open, if I go to close some of the apps the phone freezes and then reboots.

- Phone reboots randomly

- Phone seems to go into a sleep mode as when it goes blank it needs a soft reboot to get working. Double tap does not work.

I have updated software etc, disappointed so far.

Any suggestions and is there any where on the phone to see what is likely causing the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

mburke wrote: »
    Just got the phone and noticed a few issue:

- When multiple apps open, if I go to close some of the apps the phone freezes and then reboots.

- Phone reboots randomly

- Phone seems to go into a sleep mode as when it goes blank it needs a soft reboot to get working.

I have updated software etc, disappointed so far.

Any suggestions.

Your phones bolloxed bring it back straight away, iv had mine for a month and have had 0 of those problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

> 0% @ 6pm

Spec-wise, it absolutely sh!ts all over the 5s. Just depends if you could get used to the much bigger screen and Android OS (which is far better than iOS imo, so much more to do on it!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

As it's a 5.5", what's the possibility of opening 2 (or more) apps with split screen?

Only gripes are to do with the non-functioning notification light, which I've tried to fix with the steps outlined on here without success. Might have to reset and set it all up again. But ah well.

And that's fixed. Turns out I was just an idiot! After following the below steps, you must add the widget to your home screen and enable it! Duh!
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Seen this over on modaco.com

For anyone having a problem with their notification light not working, here's how to fix it.

1.Download the apk below and install
    2.Toggle light on
    3.Uninstall app
    4.Fixed!

dropbox.com/s/lzq9l32xdkptqyw/com.motorola.ledwidget-0.apk?dl=0

(Unable to post links as I'm a new user but just paste the above link into the address bar)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

my battery seems to be pretty poor at the moment but maybe it's an app I installed. Any recommendations on how to figure it out? I've deleted a few already.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

And that's fixed. Turns out I was just an idiot! After following the below steps, you must add the widget to your home screen and enable it! Duh!

Is it possible to change the colour of the notification light? Mine is always blue.

sweetie wrote: »
    my battery seems to be pretty poor at the moment but maybe it's an app I installed. Any recommendations on how to figure it out? I've deleted a few already.

Settings->Battery and see if there's something in there taking up a lot of the percentage? Screen should be on top, usually followed by some high usage apps eg facebook chrome etc etc. If there's one that seems to stand out see if you can remove and install it again.
    _Puma_ wrote: »
    Is it possible to change the colour of the notification light? Mine is always blue.

I don't believe so. It's only a blue light. A bit annoying, but not too bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What the app called?

When I download the link I cannot find it in my widget folder?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What the app called?

When I download the link I cannot find it in my widget folder?

Edit ; found it

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Sorry to be possibly reposting but im on three. When it goes to O2 do i need to roaming enabled to use data? This shouldnt cost me though? Thanks in advance!

sweetie wrote: »

Try Better Battery Stats
    Download from Play Store or XDA
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Sorry to be possibly reposting but im on three. When it goes to O2 do i need to roaming enabled to use data? This shouldnt cost me though? Thanks in advance!

I think you do need to have it enabled but it shouldn't cost you any extra, Its basically three using the o2 network where the o2 network is a stronger signal then 3's. The phone is roaming on a network that is not the default sim network or so it thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Do you need anti virus for this? Coming from an iphone so not sure. Id imagine the play store is safe but do you still need one?

Melendez wrote: »

The sim isnt activated yet.

• Advertisement

Melendez wrote: »

It depends, it should be up and running by tomrrrow at the latest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Do you need anti virus for this? Coming from an iphone so not sure. Id imagine the play store is safe but do you still need one?

Not if you stick to play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Now available to preorder from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013F8UIX2/?tag=ho01f-21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

unreg999 wrote: »
    20e a month with 48... Unlimited calls & texts to any mobile network, 8gb data, unlimited whatsapp & 100 mins to landlines....

Yes, but not unlimited data as well ;as the poster had stated he was getting. It turns out that may not be available either anyway, so it's all moot at this stage.

FrostyJim wrote: »

Items: GBP 128.13
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    (Order Total: GBP 128.13)
    Payment Total: EUR 186,36 (Amazon conversion)

XE conversion rate shows 180.396 EUR

So cheaper to by from Vodafone here in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

I can't get over how good this phone is. Ive had it about a week now and it's just fantastic. I had an S3 before this and it just blows it away.

The screen is great, the battery is great, the camera is great, everything's great!

The only problem I could see people having is that it's massive. I love the big screen but it can get annoying at times when Im browsing Reddit in bed and pretty much have to use two hands but that's literally the only problem I have with it. Can't recommend this phone enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

TheStook wrote: »
    I can't get over how good this phone is. Ive had it about a week now and it's just fantastic. I had an S3 before this and it just blows it away.

The screen is great, the battery is great, the camera is great, everything's great!

The only problem I could see people having is that it's massive. I love the big screen but it can get annoying at times when Im browsing Reddit in bed and pretty much have to use two hands but that's literally the only problem I have with it. Can't recommend this phone enough.

Need a free hand with reddit? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

biebiebie wrote: »
    Items: GBP 128.13
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    (Order Total: GBP 128.13)
    Payment Total: EUR 186,36 (Amazon conversion)

XE conversion rate shows 180.396 EUR

So cheaper to by from Vodafone here in Ireland?
    Yeah its works out about €15 more from amazon. My quick Google calcalations were a bit off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Im sending mine off for a warranty claim on monday to replace my screen as I've persistant burn in on the status bar that's driving me nuts.
    My phone is unlocked so let's see if Vodafone eff me around about unlocking and warranty.
    "Meteor" is burned in and clear as day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Im sending mine off for a warranty claim on monday to replace my screen as I've persistant burn in on the status bar that's driving me nuts.
    My phone is unlocked so let's see if Vodafone eff me around about unlocking and warranty.
    "Meteor" is burned in and clear as day.

You might as well, what's the worst they can say......

Advertisement